How would you line up England B?

NoPace

Was looking at if Harvey Barnes should declare for Scotland and led me to this. I'm assuming a first 23 (Covid had it at 26 so may still be but let's do traditional 23) of this are eligible, but feel free to change a name or two if you disagree. Injured players like Chilwell I chose if they are projected to return by the World Cup:

Presumed England A:
Kane, Calvert-Lewin
Sterling, Foden, Saka, Grealish
Rice, Phillips, Bellingham, Mount
Chilwell, Shaw, TAA, James
Maguire, Stones, Walker, White
Pickford, Ramsdale, Henderson

Was shocked I couldn't fit Henderson in and considered dropping Grealish or Saka or one of the right backs with Walker backing up that spot too but I just couldn't lose any of them.

My England B:

--------------------------------------Abraham(Toney)---------------------------------------
Sancho(Rashford)------------------------------------Greenwood-(HudsonOdoi)
-------------Maddison(Smith-Rowe)---------Henderson(Gallagher)-----------------
----------------------------------------Skipp(Winks)---------------------------------------------
Mitchell(Targett)-Guehi(Mings)-Tomori(Webster)-Trippier(Lamptey)
----------------------Pope(Johnstone, Green)--------------------------------------

I wanted to go 3 at the back instead of picking Tyrick Mitchell at LB (and so I could start Lamptey) but I think ultimately someone like Maddison, Smith-Rowe or Gallagher brings more to the table then England's 7th best CB.

Chose technically strong players mostly and Toney because this team might not be good enough to keep the ball, even though Watkins might be the better player. Also Greenwood or Rashford can play up top if I need pace instead.

I kinda dislike it looking at it. Feels like neither a team to play on the break or in possession, so might have another crack at building a team that's annoying to play against, maybe dropping Maddison and playing 3-4-1-2 and using Dwight McNeil at LWB?

Last edited:

Righteous Steps

Pickford Ramsdale Henderson
Webster Stones White Gomez
Walker Shaw TAA James
Rice Phillips Bellingham Mount
Sterling Foden Saka Bowen
Kane Calvert-Lewin Bamford

giorno

boob novice
Supports
Real Madrid
Pope
James-Tarkowski-Dunk-Chilwell
Hendo-Bellingham-Gallagher
Mount-Abraham-Foden

Manager: Roger Schmidt

None of that build up from the back crap. Just punt it long and go press!

NoPace

Pope
James-Tarkowski-Dunk-Chilwell
Hendo-Bellingham-Gallagher
Mount-Abraham-Foden

Manager: Roger Schmidt

None of that build up from the back crap. Just punt it long and go press!
Can't pick Dunk even if his punting is great, he can't run enough for this open a game.

I did think about putting together a Dyche squad:

------------------Greenwood(Rashford)-Toney(Calvert-Lewin)---------------------
Hudson-Odoi(McNeil)-----------------------------------------------Lamptey(Sancho)
----------------------Skipp(Winks)-----Henderson(Ward-Prowse)
Mitchell(Targett)-Mings(Dier)--Webster(Tarkowski)-Trippier(Justin)
----------------------Pope(Johnstone, Forster)--------------------------------------

Felt weird to leave off Abraham but I wanted pace (Rashford) and finishing (Greenwood) as options next to my target man, though I could see only one of Sancho or Greenwood being on the plane and Abraham or someone like Bowen or Jack Harrison on instead with Hudson-Odoi on the right. CBs I went with aerial ability. Left back doesn't change because England have no depth there. James Justin comes in because he's a good overall defender. Ward-Prowse over Gallagher for set pieces and because Burnley do ask their 2 CMs to sit and do midfield stuff and not charge forward and score goals. Maybe Dyche picks him as the backup striker over Rashford for his finishing, hunger and lack of melanin.