Hull boss Brown wants Man Utd striker Campbell

Drifter

American
Phil Brown admits Fraizer Campbell is top of his shopping list after Hull City clinched promotion to the Premier League.

Campbell has had a major impact at the KC Stadium after spending much of the season on loan from Manchester United.

He has scored 15 goals for the Tigers and created the winner for Dean Windass in Saturday's play-off final victory over Bristol City at Wembley.

"I'll be doing business with United boss Sir Alex Ferguson," said Brown.

"I don't know if Fraizer will stay, that is for the manager of the European champions to decide.

"It is obvious that he is a talent and we want to keep him and I would have thought that we had the money to buy him now, but that is not my decision.

"He is top of my shopping list and I have promised the players who got us into the Premier League that they will be given their chance.

"We have a good nucleus, but I will add to the squad with players who will improve us on the field and off the field."

Elliott

Likes Loan Stickies
Without Fraizer Hull wouldn't be in the play-offs, let alone the premiership. And through his pace is probably the only way they stand even the slightest chance of getting a few points amongst the big boys.

Chris H

Video Posting God
Good. As we suspected, Frazier's just about guaranteed Premier League football next year, either with us or with Hull.

Probably with Hull. Would probably be best for him. Could be more very good experience, critical for a player at his stage of development.

BezsMaracas

Can see him getting sold to be honest, as much as we are crying out for another striker I can see us accepting a bid around £5m from them. Just seems odd that they are talking about buying him outright rather than taking him on loan, as if they've been told that he is available at the right price.

Longlivekeano

I can see Frazier Campbell having a future with us. Doesn;t really need to bulk up. We could have a useful role for him in an advanced winger position in a 4-3-3 system.

He reminds me very much like Gabriel Aghblanhor/Ashley Young- fast, direct, takes defenders on, brave, bags of potential, English. I'd say let him out on loan to gain another 6 months/1 year of experience before we bring him back to Old Trafford for a first team place.

ronnie dazzler

Don't see why we would sell him as he said he wants to stay. A one year loan might be feasible of course...
depends on whether SAF really rates him or not. We have Tevez, rooney, Saha, [New Striker] and then Wellbeck and Manucho also.

Maybe he thinks that if we sell Campbell, we keep Saha as a quality squad player. Even if injured, but got 20 games out of him and he was a 4th choice type striker, it would improve our squad. Allows Manucho, wellbeck, Macheda some games also.

A lot depends on what he thinks of the 3 above and their potential progress in the next 2/3 years. an offer of 5/6m might be worth taking.

Elliott

Likes Loan Stickies
Macheda and Welbeck are too far away to be taken into consideration. I rate them both but next season is too early. When it comes to Fraizer, I just hope SAF has a good look at him in pre-season before making a decision.

Richter

Hairy big footed Swede
Keep him until January and then loan him out if he doesn't get any playing time like we did with Jonny Evans this season.

Ace

depends on whether SAF really rates him or not. We have Tevez, rooney, Saha, [New Striker] and then Wellbeck and Manucho also.

Maybe he thinks that if we sell Campbell, we keep Saha as a quality squad player. Even if injured, but got 20 games out of him and he was a 4th choice type striker, it would improve our squad. Allows Manucho, wellbeck, Macheda some games also.

A lot depends on what he thinks of the 3 above and their potential progress in the next 2/3 years. an offer of 5/6m might be worth taking.
Don't get ahead of yourself. Welbeck has yet to make an appearance, and Macheda is only 16...

ronnie dazzler

Don't get ahead of yourself. Welbeck has yet to make an appearance, and Macheda is only 16...
i know yeah, absolutely no guarantee with youth players. Just trying to get across the point that SAF may not see Campbell as a long term prospect and may decide to cash in for 5/6m. After all, it would be one less obstacle for Wellbeck to climb over and get some bench or game experience

McLovin

Bites pillows thinking of John Terry
Phil Brown admits Fraizer Campbell is top of his shopping list after Hull City clinched promotion to the Premier League.

Campbell has had a major impact at the KC Stadium after spending much of the season on loan from Manchester United.

He has scored 15 goals for the Tigers and created the winner for Dean Windass in Saturday's play-off final victory over Bristol City at Wembley.

"I'll be doing business with United boss Sir Alex Ferguson," said Brown.

"I don't know if Fraizer will stay, that is for the manager of the European champions to decide.

"It is obvious that he is a talent and we want to keep him and I would have thought that we had the money to buy him now, but that is not my decision.

"He is top of my shopping list and I have promised the players who got us into the Premier League that they will be given their chance.

"We have a good nucleus, but I will add to the squad with players who will improve us on the field and off the field."
:drool:

I think we should loan him out again.

M160RA

It really depends on who we sign this summer, whether Manucho gets his work permit, and if Saha leaves (which seems likely). I reckon Campbell ought to get a chance ahead of someone like Dong. We should keep him for the first half of the season, as he should get a chance to feature in the Carling Cup and possibly some Champions League games in the group stages. With the 7-sub rule, he might also get a handful of Premier League appearances. If things don't work out, then we can loan him back to Hull in January.

prateik

feck me , this is starting to sound like rawk .. they wanted pachecho to start games last season :|

welbeck is a great prospect but macheda is still an academy player

i would love to see a striker come through the academy , but as it is at the moment , campbell is nowhere near good enough to start ahead of rooney/tevez/ronaldo and the new striker (whoever it will be)

him and brandy will be loaned out again .. campbell to a league side and brandy hopefully to a CCC side .. a step up for both

think welbeck might stay , just to train with the first team and maybe get a game or two
campbell is older , he needs more games because he has to prove his worth ..
no point keeping him here if he cant get into the starting 18 on a regular basis

Elliott

Likes Loan Stickies
feck me , this is starting to sound like rawk .. they wanted pachecho to start games last season :|

i would love to see a striker come through the academy , but as it is at the moment , campbell is nowhere near good enough to start ahead of rooney/tevez/ronaldo and the new striker (whoever it will be)

him and brandy will be loaned out again .. campbell to a league side and brandy hopefully to a CCC side .. a step up for both

think welbeck might stay , just to train with the first team and maybe get a game or two
no point keeping him here if he cant get into the starting 18 on a regular basis
That's a great idea! Someone tell Fergie.

Name Changed

weso26
He's not going to get near the United first team yet, he should be loaned back out. And preferably to Hull as they'll be in the PL. We'll see how he gets on then.

Dans

Correctly predicted Portugal to win Euro 2016
Can a PL team loan a player to another PL team? I thought not.

Mr. MUJAC

Manchester United Youth Historian

What is a CCC side?........

On this thread........you have to have some perspective...

We all know that Fraizier will not replace Tevez or Rooney at the moment. With Manucho seemingly on his way back then he is probably 4th choice. However, he is good enough to provide cover, allowing the others to take a rest or fill in when the games are already won to get experience. If Fergie decides to replace Saha.....then he may be 5th choice and will be loaned out again I would assume.....certainly in the second half of the season...

Welbeck has done well in the reserves but remember he is still an Academy player albeit an exceptional one.....I see him staying and getting further exposure......

Brandy will probably get loaned out.......

Macheda will have another season in the U-18's/reserves......he may make the bench in the League Cup depending on whether Campbell, Welbeck and Brandy are still with us in October/November....

Interesting to see what will actually happen.....

Elliott

Likes Loan Stickies
Always a joy to get your perspective, Mr.MUJAC. Wish you stopped by a bit more often. Do you have any info on the Marveld squad?

Drifter

American
Hull manager Phil Brown remains hopeful of re-signing crowd favourite Fraizer
Campbell before the start of the Barclays Premier League campaign.
campbell

The 20-year-old striker scored 15 goals as the Tigers secured promotion to the top flight during a successful loan spell from Manchester United last season.

Campbell is now back in pre-season training with United, and featured in a
friendly at Aberdeen last weekend, but Brown is keen to open discussions with the champions after their upcoming tour of South Africa.

Brown said: 'I spoke at length with Sir Alex Ferguson at the end of the season, having kept him up to speed with the progress Fraizer Campbell had made all season.

'He was adamant that all his players would come back for pre-season training.

'When they come back from South Africa there is an opportunity to talk again.

'I fully trust Sir Alex's word on that and when they come back from South Africa I will be putting a call in. There is always a possibility.'

Campbell is likely to command a fee of around £5million and other clubs, including Aston Villa, have also been linked with the youngster.

It is unclear whether United would sell but such a priority is he that Brown would also be interested in bringing the player back to the KC Stadium on another loan deal.

'He is very, very important to me, and that we get the right quality strikers in,' Brown added.

'It is difficult. There are one or two strikers out there we have earmarked as priority but if Fraizer Campbell became available we would certainly be interested in taking him, either permanent or on loan.'

Brown is currently overseeing a major recruitment drive ahead of the club's first season in the top flight and has already signed Craig Fagan, Geovanni and Bernard Mendy.

Other targets have been identified but he has set no deadline for a deal to be
reached for Campbell before turning his attention elsewhere.

The signing of Middlesbrough midfielder George Boateng was expected to be
confirmed yesterday but should now be made official today.

An announcement of the capture of Plymouth winger Peter Halmosi is also
imminent.

Another potential signing, South African midfielder Delron Buckley, scored last
night as he continued his trial with a run-out in a pre-season friendly at local amateurs Winterton Rangers.

Geovanni was also on target in the 4-0 win with the other goals coming from John Welsh and Joe Lamplough.

prateik

Hull play waiting game on Campbell

Hull boss Phil Brown admits he is not confident of re-signing Manchester United striker Fraizer Campbell - but is happy to "wait and see".

The 20-year-old scored 15 goals during a loan spell for the Tigers last season to help fire them to promotion from the Championship - and Brown is eager to re-sign him either on a permanent or loan basis.

Earlier in July he was confident of securing Campbell ahead of Hull's top-flight campaign, but he has yet to hear from United boss Sir Alex Ferguson.

He told the Daily Express: "Sir Alex has his business to do and until he conducts that I'm presuming Fraizer will be a United player this season.

"We'll have to wait and see."

surely this is tapping up .. we need to report him to the FA :mad:

:p