Hull City vs. Manchester United

Status
Not open for further replies.

Hernandez - BFA

The Way to Fly
Love Boxing Day :drool:

They've only lost once at home this season, and yet that was against Palace. Beat Liverpool there so we need to be wary.

Should be 3 points though. Continue to chip away at the gap.

bosnian_red

Worst scout to ever exist
De gea
Rafael Evans smalling evra
Valencia cleverley jones januzaj
Kagawa
Rooney

Either kagawa- Rooney or Rooney-Hernandez for this one. Let's keep up the good run. Think Liverpool play city so a chance to claw back some points

Nick 0208 Ldn

News 24
As of last weekend Hull City possessed the fourth best home defence in Europe's top five leagues, although in general terms Bruce's prior record against United isn't much to write home about.

The side Moyes sends out may have to be patient and cunning but i think we can continue our good form.

In an ideal world i think Kagawa and Hernandez could both be suited to this match however the only way i seen that happening is if the former plays nominally on the left wing.

Carl

has permanently erect nipples
A really tough away this but our form so far means we need to win. Really hoping Welbeck will be fit and we don't have any more injuries.

I'd go with the same team as today.

Gerald G

de Gea
Rafael--Smalling--Evans--Evra
Jones--Cleverley
Valencia--Rooney--Januzaj
Welbeck

or if Rooney is too pissed then Kagawa and Hernandez if Welbeck isn't fit.

Carl

I heard it hasn't gone down well with the Hull fans and the owner's calling them a bunch of ingrates.
Yeh that happened but he still filed the name change to the FA/Premier League or whomever it is.

Claymore

That silly American voice over advert for Budweiser I think it was where the go on about Manchester pirates or whatever, then at the end say you do the football, we'll do the beer seems to have come true for Hull and Cardiff in ways. Foreign owners who don't have a clue meddling with the clubs.

Anyway, lets smash them, need to get up the table quick just in case City or Chelsea don't follow through.

Eric'sCollar

Asked for his wife's permission before signing up
All about keeping that momentum, need a good start and continue to be on the front foot. Rafael and Valencia will be key too.

Would be tempted to leave Januzaj on the bench and start him against Norwich on the 28th. Can't become reliant on him yet, still need to introduce him slowly.

The Man Himself

asked for a tagline change and all I got was this.
Out of the two successive away games, this has to be the tougher one. Hull have only lost once at home, so it will be a challenge. We might need to rotate keeping in mind the next game which is just 48 hours after this.

DDG
Rafael Evans Vidic Evra
Valencia Cleverley Jones Januzaj
Kagawa/Rooney
Rooney/Hernandez

Personally I would like to see only one of Rooney and kagawa in this game as it will give us a fresh player option in AMC/playmaker role for Norwich game. Rooney will undoubtedly play both games, but with Welbeck leaving field early yesterday, Rooney might need to start 1 of the 2 games as striker.

2-0 or 2-1 win for United.

Salfordlad70

Same team as yesterday please unless Danny is out with his knock!! In which case Kagawa and Rooney, which means Rooney up top! Really want two wins from the next two league games and I think we'll get them.Gonna go for 3-1 United!

syrian_scholes

Honorary Straw Hat
Same team as yesterday please unless Danny is out with his knock!! In which case Kagawa and Rooney, which means Rooney up top! Really want two wins from the next two league games and I think we'll get them.Gonna go for 3-1 United!
I'm thinking 3 wins and a draw is a great outcome from our next 4 games considering we have Chelsea away afterwards which is going to be a very hard game.

SER19

What a big game. Even for the mentality of the squad and fans, a win and this momentum will keep building, dropped points and I think most will feel we havent turned a corner at all.

If we win this we will be 5-6 points off the top at full time. Admittedly there will be games in hand but it will be great to be amongst it again. Not only over christmas, but continuing into january we have league fixtures we should be winning while city,arsenal,liverpool all have tough runs. I honestly believe we can get right back in it, possibly left too much to do for the title as we're bound to drop points again a few times but what a difference a good run now would make.

SER19

I'm thinking 3 wins and a draw is a great outcome from our next 4 games considering we have Chelsea away afterwards which is going to be a very hard game.

Hull, Norwich away, Tottenham and Swansea home. 10 points would be a good outcome indeed but 12 would be fantastic. cardiff, stoke and fulham after that chelsea game too.

syrian_scholes

Honorary Straw Hat
Hull, Norwich away, Tottenham and Swansea home. 10 points would be a good outcome indeed but 12 would be fantastic. cardiff, stoke and fulham after that chelsea game too.
It's definettly achiveable but easier said than done I guess.

Orton

Ati-virus, keeps missing the n button
I'd start Young over Valencia, and possibly Kagawa in for Welbeck. Everything else the same, with Rooney up top.

Nick 0208 Ldn

News 24
Evans has possibly picked up a few niggles in recent games so we might see him get Boxing Day off i think [in that case it's either Jones or Vidic stepping in].

Hernandez is a ready replacement for Welbeck but otherwise i wouldn't expect too much disruption to the starting XI.

nemanja15

Agree with posters on here. Can see maybe Vidic for Evans as he's played a lot recently or Hernandez for Welbeck if the injury is bad. Other than that keep it the same to get some continuity going. And if Evra starts we'll probably have to put up with half an hour of Buttner again.

Outside chance of one of Carrick/van Persie making the bench too, neither are far off now according to Moyes.

Beachryan

More helpful with spreadsheets than Phurry
Feel like you have give Young a start, given his past two performances.

Havak

Pokemon master
Ironically, I could see Januzaj being punished for diving and being replaced by Ashley Young...

Would be the only change, but the injury to Welbeck is probably going to be a few weeks if it was a hamstring injury or some other kind of muscle strain. Hernandez may have also suffered a considerable knock to his ankle that could have become much worse after he stopped running, so we'll have to see how that is as well.

Maybe Januzaj will just have had a stern talking to and rather than being punished for the bad on show against West Ham, he'll be rewarded for the good he did (which was basically everything else until he tired toward the end and let a few runners go by him) and get to play behind the striker.

de Gea​
Rafael Smalling Evans Evra​
Cleverley Jones​
Valencia Januzaj Young​
Rooney​
--​
Johnstone; Buttner, Ferdinand; Anderson, Fletcher, Giggs, Kagawa​

Assuming a worst case scenario in that Lindegaard, Vidic, Carrick, Fellaini, Nani, Hernandez, van Persie, and Welbeck are all out (and that Buttner is still somehow preferred to Fabio), this is arguably the most in-form team we can play. If Moyes decides to tinker, I'd fancy it to be the likes of Ferdinand and Giggs dropped in... But like most of us, I'm hoping for near enough the same team.

alastair

ignorant
Hull are absolutely awful. It's a source of immense frustration to me that we didn't rack up some goal difference against them when ordinarily we should have won 7-0.

NinjaFletch

Can't believe I'm going to say this.

Young for Valencia (switch Januzaj or whatever if you have to) unchanged apart from that.

Carl

Ironically, I could see Januzaj being punished for diving and being replaced by Ashley Young...
If he misses out I doubt it will have anything to do with the dive.

DanNistelrooy

Lineup Prediction & Last Man Standing winner 2017
Hull are absolutely awful. It's a source of immense frustration to me that we didn't rack up some goal difference against them when ordinarily we should have won 7-0.

I don't think they are that bad at all. Not much of an attacking threat but a solid back 5 with Huddlestone and Livermore protecting. They are well organised unit and don't think anyone has thrashed them this season, even City "only" beat them 2-0 with 2 second half goals.

Reckon this will be 1-0 to United

alastair

ignorant
I don't think they are that bad at all. Not much of an attacking threat but a solid back 5 with Huddlestone and Livermore protecting. They are well organised unit and don't think anyone has thrashed them this season, even City "only" beat them 2-0 with 2 second half goals.

Reckon this will be 1-0 to United

I think they're one of these sides that are so bad in an attacking sense that sides switch off and don't really exert themselves. We'd won the game at 1-0. They didn't enter our half.

They are relatively solid - moreso at home - but you should win comfortably.

Carl

Typical Bruce team. They will park the bus and make it difficult but if we go 1 up in the first half they'll likely just bend over.

Can't see a Hull win unless they score very late. Draw is the best they can hope for. If they go 1 up they'll shit the bed and get deeper and deeper and deeper until we eventually equalise.

2 man midfield

Last Man Standing finalist 2021/22
-------------De Gea--------------
Rafael--Smalling-Evans----Evra
--------Jones--Cleverley---------
Young------Kagawa------Januzaj
-------------Rooney---------------

Kagawa fit? If not, Hernandez up front with Rooney in behind.

Status
Not open for further replies.