I am a Jose supporter but I think he should go!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ramshock

CAF Pilib De Brún Translator
Swimming against a tide of idiots and spoofers
Firstly let me put a little background to this.

I wasn't convinced about Mourinho when he was taking over the job. I detested the idea of the short term mentality he and Guardiola were known for because at the time I was still clinging onto the ideals and glory of the Ferguson era even after two quickly fired managers. However he got the job and as I always do I support those who are a part of my club. His first season he won us two trophies, trophies already confined to the dustbin by many supporters, and we seemed like we were building. Since then we have been inconsistent but still attained second place but the team and club have never been settled.

The United fan base, support base or whatever you want to call them are a very fickle overly entitled bunch who i am sorry to say are infested with infantile what have you done for me lately types. This large very vociferous group has fueled the disharmony within the very media aware and involved club via a swarm of blood thirsty journos who both despise Jose and United on their own terms but especially since they are together but also know both are box office.

A vicious cycle repeats after every game, even after somewhat convincing scorelines, Joses decisions or the team performance will be criticized then he will say something inflammable or seemingly personal about a player or a group of players in response, the press and media pick it up and blow it out of proportion as is their MO. Then the Man Utd twatterati as I call them explode and all this gets back to the media who use it as fuel against the club and the manager. Jose is a man child when it comes to the media and dealing with them and for me this is his Achilles heel. If he weren't such a prick on camera he wouldn't have half of the problems he has had over the years.
weUnfortunately for him we have a CEO and setup that seems to purely exist on positive media awareness and money coming in, we also unfortunately have owners whose bleeding of the club was masked for years by the genius of Alex Ferguson and his ability to still win titles with mediocre players. People will try to argue but the club hasnt properly invested in talent since Ronaldo left in 09. We just havent done it right nor bought the correct level of talent needed to stay on top.

So now we have a CEO who saw fit to give Jose a contract extension then decided not to back him in the transfer market (in reality we probably dont have the money) and we have a hodge podge of players from three different managers and some of those are clearly a disruptive influence. However there is a lot of money tied up in these players and Woodward would be loathed to let these media darlings leave so there is in reality only one thing that can change and that is the manager. I have defended him really for as long as I can but I can see he has lost the team and there really is no other option but to replace him.

When that happens though I want people to understand that the club still has huge problems and replacing Mourinho wont be a cure all because it wont. As for who would replace him the rest of the season I have no clue how we would do that? Carrick as caretaker then a new man in the summer? There is no guarantee fan favourite and serial trophy dodger ( I kid, I kid ) will come to us as a replacement. All in all its a shitty mess but I think the time has come for Jose to move on.

Status
Not open for further replies.