I really want Fergie to see it

weizxx

He will see it. Some people live to 120 years old. Long live Fergie.

ROFLUTION

This'll get morbid, but Fergie is 81 years old. Sir Bobby Charlton lived to see 86 and Sir Matt Busby 84.

I highly doubt he'll see a league title end up at Old Trafford again.

gaffs

With everything he has done for the club, I think Fergie deserves to see us lift the Premier League trophy at least once after his retirement. He has come to Old Trafford and watched us so regularly at his old age, yet we had little to show for.

Sir Bobby Charlton has passed away. Fergie's wife has passed away. How long does Fergie still have? Yet we as a club seems further and further away from the Premier League Title. And that makes me sad.
As if this week want bad enough. We get this morbid post!

M Bison

Supports
York City
I'm late 30's and i'm not convinced we'll win another league in my lifetime, never mind Fergies!

Red the Bear

Something less generic
Busby got see us lift the league trophy but it's hard to know if Fergie will ever get to see us do the same.

Blood Mage

It's impossible with how much of a mess the club is in, and the fact that we're competing with two clubs that now have limitless resources and a governing body too weak to stop their financial doping.

redNATION

Fact is, we’ve only ever had 2 great periods as a club under two legendary managers, we’ve never been like Real or Bayern who pretty much have baseline level of competence and success throughout their history. We’ve even been relegated and that’s in living memory. Our two great periods aside, we’re largely an average club.

I genuinely don’t think we’ll be a top club or win titles for another 20-30 years and with City and Newcastle having limitless funds, it’ll be even harder now.

Utd heap

Models for Coin.
How hard it is to support Utd. What a miserable life we all lead*

*I went to two cup finals last season, my brother was at Munich away last month

RedStarUnited

Fergie is partly to blame for the mess we are in now.

If it wasn't for his fallout with McManus/Magnier over that horse, the Glazers would not have got the shares they needed for the takeover.

Also all that crap about "no value in the market" left our midfield in tatters after he left.

He has never once said a bad word against them.

If he loved the club so much he should call them out.
He gets paid 2m a year. The cynic in me thinks, every day his time with us looks even more legendary.

arthurka

Have you ever contemplated that Sir Alex may have enjoyed working with Glazers as he got greater say in the proceedings despite some financial constraints compared to how things were for him Under PLC and because of that he might have different outlook towards Glazers than the average fan .
Given that he was the instigator of the owner switch yes I have.