I see the 'ABU' Media are back in full voice...

Status
Not open for further replies.

Crimson King

I'm talking about the regular ABU stuff; Talksport, ESPN etc. Stuff that fills up the youtube feed annoyingly.
Talksport's entire business model is about winding people.

There's an awful lot of United fans, so it makes sense to target them.

Loon

:lol:
I guess the only way to shut them up is to genuinely get back amongst it and prove that the false dawns are at an end.

AFC NimbleThumb

Talksport's entire business model is about winding people.

There's an awful lot of United fans, so it makes sense to target them.
I simply do not understand why United fans would listen to a Talksport, I stopped when SAF was in charge. Lord knows what it’s like now.

Amarsdd

I simply do not understand why United fans would listen to a Talksport, I stopped when SAF was in charge. Lord knows what it’s like now.
Its just the curiosity for me when they constantly pop up on my youtube feed if I watch a couple of any United related videos.

yumtum

DUX' bumchum
If anyone suggests that either team should not lift a trophy in front of fans is being an idiot, that would have been a slap in the face to the fans in the stadium who will likely not get a chance to see their favourite clubs play live again.

The disrespect is shocking really, yes it's a friendly, but to suggest a club should sneer and reject lifting that trophy is mind blowing.

GueRed

With eight of the ten most abused players on twitter last year were United players

It seems the worst ABU's are within our own fanbase.

AFC NimbleThumb

With eight of the ten most abused players on twitter last year were United players

It seems the worst ABU's are within our own fanbase.
That’s if you believe it’s solely United fans dishing out the abuse. Rashford for instance is treated disgracefully by our own fanbase but I’d say the England fans post penalty shoot out were vocal as well.

It’s become acceptable to talk about the club & its players in a way people wouldn’t other clubs, journalists aren’t much better than the average fan with a pen these days.

RacingClub

Supports
Racing Club
Rashford for instance is treated disgracefully by our own fanbase but I’d say the England fans post penalty shoot out were vocal as well.
I think that sort of abuse had died down by the time the survey/study had began (August 13th 2021).

AFC NimbleThumb

I think that sort of abuse had died down by the time the survey/study had began (August 13th 2021).
You think fans of other clubs suddenly switch off their bile when the clock strikes a certain date?

Our fanbase as this forum often proves is unsavoury but if you think it’s simply a case of United fans criticising United players you obviously haven’t seen Maguire play for England.

RacingClub

Supports
Racing Club
You think fans of other clubs suddenly switch off their bile when the clock strikes a certain date?
No I don't think that at all, I just think that the vast majority of that abuse had died down before the study began.

There was nearly a month between the penalty miss and the beginning of the study period.

Our fanbase as this forum often proves is unsavoury but if you think it’s simply a case of United fans criticising United players you obviously haven’t seen Maguire play for England.
Again I don't think it's simply a case of United fans criticising United players but in Rashfords case I do think the vast majority came from United fans.

Rashford didn't even play for England during the study period (Maguire did though) so I don't see he would draw the ire of England fans in the same way Maguire did.

Or if it's down to his penalty miss and an ABU agenda how come Sancho isn't in the top 10?

Fridge chutney

Or if it's down to his penalty miss and an ABU agenda how come Sancho isn't in the top 10?
Rashford has made the popular Boris government look like fools, and that triggered a lot of racist English nationalists. Sancho stays out of politics, hence drawing less ire.

Dante

Average bang
Goldbridge is the worst of the ABU pundits in the media.

His stock-in-trade is negativity about United. And the currency he deals in is toxicity.

In fact, the thread about 8 United players being in the top 10 most abused on the internet is the result of people who follow the kind of agenda he sets.

Regardless of how bad the old media might get, new media is ten times worse.

Spaghetti

Mom's
Sancho was let off more because he didn’t play for United at the time.

Also, Rashford was the first to miss, and did a stupid run up.

The is definitely an ABU element to the media, but there are pro-United sides too.

RacingClub

Supports
Racing Club
Rashford has made the popular Boris government look like fools, and that triggered a lot of racist English nationalists. Sancho stays out of politics, hence drawing less ire.
Ok but then why is Bruno getting nearly the same amount of abuse as Rashford?

No English Fan/ Political Agenda.

Sancho was let off more because he didn’t play for United at the time.

Also, Rashford was the first to miss, and did a stupid run up.
Of course he came in for a ton of abuse after missing that penalty.

Saka got the most if I remember correctly as he was the one who missed the final pen (which triggered him being clapped in stadiums etc).

But the study is long after the final and Sancho was a United player by then (13th of August 21 - 24 January 22).

Goldbridge is the worst of the ABU pundits in the media.

His stock-in-trade is negativity about United. And the currency he deals in is toxicity.

In fact, the thread about 8 United players being in the top 10 most abused on the internet is the result of people who follow the kind of agenda he sets.

Regardless of how bad the old media might get, new media is ten times worse.
Agree with you.

Fridge chutney

Ok but then why is Bruno getting nearly the same amount of abuse as Rashford?
You asked for a comparison of Sancho and Rashford ...

I don't think Bruno has received anything close to the severity of abuse that Rashford has, not least of which is because Rashford has had to put up with racial and political abuse.

United players are also more prone to abuse because they are the most written-about and supported club in the UK.

Hughie77

I think some of the so called fans on here are not UTD fans, there is a fair few masquerading as UTD fans to get bites.
The ABU have and will always be there, its sad realy they won't go away and since UTD have gone backwards there have been more and more crawling from under there stones. Someone mentioned that Guy Goldbridge, that guy is out for his own ends alone nothing else. He be on Dancing on ice next .

imamuppet

The latest sky sports article is such a click bait.
Regarding Ronaldo leaving at half time.
ETH was obviously answering a question that was directed towards Ronaldo and his answer shows he is speaking about the group, not just Ronaldo.

"he was not the only one who left after half-time, I tell them [the players] that it's unacceptable. That we are a team, and that you need to stay right until the very end."

Could have easily been spun into a positive article on how ETH sees the team above everything.

But yeah, perfect headline for them

Nickelodeon

I usually refrain from commenting on these threads which paints all pundits/experts to be anti-United, pro-Liverpool etc.

But I don't see a better thread for this article. Daily Mail as it is can't really sink any lower in terms of credibility. But even by their own bottom of the barrel standards, this seems like a new low.

www.dailymail.co.uk/sport/football/article-11115643/Man-United-not-expected-sign-Cunha-Kalajdzic-Jong-deal-unlikely-Morata-isnt-keen.html

This article says that we wouldn't sign Cunha, Morata, FDJ and other players. But it has no author (just says Sportsmail), no source and nothing which justifies why they've written it. Just mentioned as 'REVEALED' as if producing a Pulitzer winning investigative report. Literally anything passes for journalism these days.

Ricardo de la Vega

The Athletic are the worst for me; I love their coverage usually but I've been watching their videos on United on for example - and they are so smug we're so terrible. Yes, we know we're bad, but do you have to take such joy in it? They wouldnt do it with any other team. This guy in particular;

Hughie77

Old Trafford is being painted and Luckhurst isn't happy. What am I missing here?

Arnt you allowed to top up with some paint now? Or does luckhurst what a name by the way, think its not right ??

Tommy79

www.dailymail.co.uk/sport/football/article-11115643/Man-United-not-expected-sign-Cunha-Kalajdzic-Jong-deal-unlikely-Morata-isnt-keen.html

This article says that we wouldn't sign Cunha, Morata, FDJ and other players. But it has no author (just says Sportsmail), no source and nothing which justifies why they've written it. Just mentioned as 'REVEALED' as if producing a Pulitzer winning investigative report. Literally anything passes for journalism these days.
:lol: Some tosser at the mail must have read your comment as the article was updated nearly 30 mins after your post with a name now attached.

Tom Van Persie

No relation
Old Trafford is being painted and Luckhurst isn't happy. What am I missing here?

Luckhurst is a hack that ocassionaly gets a decent scoop on a transfer. Even when we were good he would look for any reason to be negative.

Crimson King

The Athletic are the worst for me; I love their coverage usually but I've been watching their videos on United on for example - and they are so smug we're so terrible. Yes, we know we're bad, but do you have to take such joy in it? They wouldnt do it with any other team. This guy in particular;
Ah but that's Tifo. They're a bunch of know it all cocks. I hate the smarmy feckers.

RedDevil@84

Maybe a little off topic, but from the football pages I have seen on social media, everyone seems to be jumping on the Anthony Taylor being anti-Chelsea. Whenever we had any referee complaints, we used to get mocked and criticized and asking FA to ban and fine the manager. But apparently it is ok when Chelsea and their fans moan.

manclad1256

Rod liddle today in the sun:

“life is a never ending series of horrible disappointments for Manchester United fans - which is exactly how it should be. Still, at least most of their supporters had a very short trip home after that hammering at brentford”

so blatant

Fr. Todd Unctious

Rod liddle today in the sun:

“life is a never ending series of horrible disappointments for Manchester United fans - which is exactly how it should be. Still, at least most of their supporters had a very short trip home after that hammering at brentford”

so blatant

Liddle's a Milwall supporter has to get joy from somewhere I suppose.

Any excuse to post this (in text as I can't yet post media) one of the great Irish TV moments

https://www.otbsports.com/soccer/il...bering-eamon-dunphys-rant-16-years-on-1278577

Eamon Dunphy:
"I'll tell you who wrote it, I can remember his name."

"Rod Liddle. He's the guy who ran away and left his wife for a young one."

imamuppet

Everything you need to know about ESPN.
Right now front page article has the following quote

"Manchester United have spent €60m on world-class midfielder Casemiro from Real Madrid. What will he bring?"

Note: The price is in EURO

Once you go into the article it switches to GBP

Imbecilies .....

SouthMancRed

Cheimoon's Fault
Casemiro is apparently a panic buy, over priced, just after a last pay day, too expensive, little resale value, too slow. won't fit Erik's style and a walking red card. It's really been negative cliche bingo for these buffoons.

Last edited:

MikeKing

Supports
Bournemouth
The worst ABU stuff is really coming out in periods we're not doing too bad. Or at least the untrue bullshit is more obvious at point, and for that reason probably a lot more damaging too. Right now, it's just gutter clickbait in a pool of truth and who cares, but the gutter stuff is just always there, always negative, always fuelling and maintaining.

tjb

The worst ABU stuff is really coming out in periods we're not doing too bad. Or at least the untrue bullshit is more obvious at point, and for that reason probably a lot more damaging too. Right now, it's just gutter clickbait in a pool of truth and who cares, but the gutter stuff is just always there, always negative, always fuelling and maintaining.
TBH its really just a sign of our size. What's more annoying is our own fans lapping it up. In the mid-200s, Madrid used to get a similar level of negative media, ours is much worse at the moment simply based off the presence of social media. However in terms of constant news, that's the only time I have seen something similar.

Arsenal recieved a lot of negative press in the last 15 years, but the reporting was never player specific as it has been with our own. They're poor players faded into obscurity and their transfers were never dissected the way ours have been.

Status
Not open for further replies.