Other I was looking help to write a Puzzle to open a 3 digit Combination Safe

bazalini

The Baz Man - He made us laugh 2000 - 2012
I have bought myself a Combination lock safe like the one below. It has 3 digits on it to guess.

I was looking to create a clue like an escape room, which could open the combination.

What say you - you creative geniuses - Any help?

My initial thought was to put co-ordinates which you would need to go online and it would lead you to the 3 digits - or the first part of the digits anyway

In side I am putting a large Wheres Wally poster - which people will then have to find.

bazalini

What's the budget/target age range.

I'm looking a 10 min game for Corporate market

Price is irrelevant as Company will have paid for an event.

Back ground I run one of the biggest Corporate entertainment places in Belfast - But a lot of people are going to Escape Room (which are shite and boring compared to mine)

So I would like to offer a 10 min Escape room challenge - as I think it would help win more of that business

hungrywing

I do not have an escape room. Clue will come from it being projected on to the wall.

But valid question
I thought there was a competing Escape Room. If you hid your clue inside of theirs, that'd sure show 'em.

Jokes aside, now we're getting somewhere.

Maybe one element of the puzzle can be painting/affixing something on the wall and projecting on top of that so it looks like the whole thing is being projected. You can also do this on the lens.

Also since budget is no option maybe the wall could be a secret vault door to a whole new wing of the corporate headquarters and the real adventure begins there.

bazalini

I thought there was a competing Escape Room. If you hid your clue inside of theirs, that'd sure show 'em.

Jokes aside, now we're getting somewhere.

Maybe one element of the puzzle can be painting/affixing something on the wall and projecting on top of that so it looks like the whole thing is being projected. You can also do this on the lens.

Also since budget is no option maybe the wall could be a secret vault door to a whole new wing of the corporate headquarters and the real adventure begins there.

Nah

Need to explain better - I run an evening for corporates

All in one room - with maybe 50 people in here getting blocked.

I do Question of sport - Charades
Telly addicts - Watch a video for this
Superstars - Run 100 meters on a simulators - quickest wins
Crystal maze - I run VR and use game called the plank
Family fortunes
Strictly come dance
X-factor - Its one big karaoke

I've taken this to San Francisco, London, Boston. Believe you me its the best event a corporate will do.

But I am finding you will get a few nerds involved in organising a team event and they book an escape room. Great if they like all that.

I was hoping to offer a 10 min challenge and call it an escape room challenge (Helps with my SEO and also ticks box of doing an escape room challenge)

SO I do not have ability to place clues or hidden room.

What I do have is the largest karaoke screen in Europe which I could project anything on. So I was going to put up a cryptic clue.

For example this

18.2978°N 77.2781°W

That could be multipled by another number or be the first number in the Combination lock.

When they get the box oped they then get an A3 Wheres Wally sheet which they must find Wally on. I am looking for Absolute Chaos and a laugh over the 10-12 mins I envisage this to last.

Blatzo

The combination is the length (in inches) of 3 blokes that are in the room. Part of the challenge is to work out who the 3 blokes are.

ivaldo

Mediocre Horse Whisperer, s'up wid chew?
The combination is the length (in inches) of 3 blokes that are in the room. Part of the challenge is to work out who the 3 blokes are.
Sounds erotic.

Dr. Dwayne

Self proclaimed tagline king.
Last edited:

binary bot
What about the 3D dimensions of the business owner's instead. A lot of people might guess 111 though.

ivaldo

Mediocre Horse Whisperer, s'up wid chew?
Oh you have no idea. I was actually picturing the 'pretty girl' in the office 'volunteering' the 'cute shy guy' and him working up the courage to ask her out thanks to this lockbox and then they eventually get married and make teh babies.
Classic 90s romcom. I’m sold.

hungrywing

Hide the clues in the safe.
Good God man. That would set off the quantum spirals and destroy existence. We're talking a weekend of fun not proton annihilation.

I did think of taping the crucial clue to the bottom of the box while he meanwhile makes a huge deal of whatever's projected on the wall. Teehee.