"Ibracadabra", & Zlatan performs vanishing act.

Nick 0208 Ldn

News 24
Juventus will fine Zlatan Ibrahimovic after he refused to travel with the team for last night’s friendly match.

The Swede was left behind at their training camp instead of going to Rovereto for the 4-1 victory over Spezia and, as confirmed by the club, the reasons were not related to an injury.

“He should’ve been on the bus and here, but he didn’t come,” explained President Giovanni Cobolli Gigli.

“It was a mistake from Ibrahimovic, he will be disciplined and director Alessio Secco will talk to him on Monday. This is a young lad and we must help him any way we can to act with dignity when dealing with a club that has taken care of him in many areas. We continue to like this player and will work to keep him with us.”

The sensational snub came just 24 hours after Ibrahimovic’s agent, Mino Raiola, reiterated that the former Ajax man has no intention of playing in Serie B and could begin legal action to extricate himself from his contract.

If President Cobolli Gigli was relaxed about the incident, then Coach Didier Deschamps was furious with his player.

“It’s disappointing. I knew he had a slight knee problem and wanted to bring him along anyway, but he refused. I don’t know what the reason was, you’d have to ask Ibrahimovic. I certainly couldn’t forcibly push him on to the bus,” noted the Frenchman.

“Ibrahimovic is under contract with Juventus and must accept the decisions of this club. He is making a mistake in acting this way and has to be punished. For the moment he is our player, then we’ll see. I didn’t like the situation and neither did the President. We will take action.”

Juve beat Spezia 4-1 even without Ibrahimovic’s contribution, thanks to goals from Giorgio Chiellini, Valeri Bojinov, Pavel Nedved and a Ruben Olivera penalty.

“We were in good shape on a physical level and I asked the players to replicate what we had tried out in training. We can improve, but I can see the right mentality already. The fans have always been close to us throughout the pre-season experience and gave their very important support.”

Source :: http://www.channel4.com/sport/football_italia/aug5a.html

heffa

Big cow?
RedCanadian said:
Juve can't really be too shocked that he didn't travel with them. His agent said they are ready to sue Juve to leave and the threat of a fine to people that make this much money is not going to change their minds.
He wants out and he wants it now, as far as he is concerned the people in charge can go feck themselves for screwing up his career.

VanNistelrater

Poncey film buff
MUFC Champions 2006/2007: Where will the goals com
Dont think he would be a disasterous buy, on his game he holds the ball up well and is a good finisher I think. But seriously moody and often doesnt look particularly arsed...mind you im sure similar things were said of Cantona

Anyway we should probably be looking to buy a player who is more lethal in front of goal but is sharp and mobile enough to enable us to play free flowing Football...Klose! :D ;)

izzydiggler

Good player but his attitude speaks for itself!! Not worth the risk IMO!! Torres would be perfect!! If only............

Richter

Hairy big footed Swede
Sadly the agent is atm deciding Zlatan's career. Since he got Raiola as a agent he acts more like a cnut everyday.

Justin

Richter said:
Sadly the agent is atm deciding Zlatan's career. Since he got Raiola as a agent he acts more like a cnut everyday.
Is this guy Raiola really that bad?

Richter

Hairy big footed Swede
Justin said:
Is this guy Raiola really that bad?
Yes not Shittu bad but it's obvious he decides everything for Zlatan. He has made up rumors about Real and Chelsea just to make Juve pay what Zlatan(Raiola) wants. He's probably going to sue Juve if they refuse to sell Zlatan.

RedCanadian

RatCat freak
"In the offseason, my mustache drives the Fir
IMO you can't really blame the guy for wanting out. If you are a top level footballer and you are being forced to play in a second division for probably at 2 years, you would do everything you could to get out. So if he and his agent think that's the only way to get him out of there, then I guess that's what they have to do. Although, there are more professional ways to go about it.

heffa

Big cow?
izzydiggler said:
Good player but his attitude speaks for itself!! Not worth the risk IMO!! Torres would be perfect!! If only............
At the prices that are being quoted, Torres is a much better buy. But do you really think Juventus will hold out for antyhing near like what is being quoted?

433tom

heffa said:
At the prices that are being quoted, Torres is a much better buy. But do you really think Juventus will hold out for antyhing near like what is being quoted?
Hard to tell. If he takes Juventus to court there is a chance he could walk away on a free. I'm sure his lawyer will argue that the club engaging in illegal activities that resulted in relegation and scandel consitutes a breach of contract. Basically, they will claim Juve's illegal activities were harmful to his career. Heck they might even get a damage settlement. On the flip side, a lawsuit may drag on for quite a while.

Buddenbrook

Watch Juventus ditch some of these players (after two years in Serie B) and replace them with bigger players the moment they get into Serie A.

Ronaldo07

Beanpole studying Irish history
Fighting over the internet is like being David Bel
RedCanadian said:
IMO you can't really blame the guy for wanting out. If you are a top level footballer and you are being forced to play in a second division for probably at 2 years, you would do everything you could to get out. So if he and his agent think that's the only way to get him out of there, then I guess that's what they have to do. Although, there are more professional ways to go about it.
That's not exactly what he's doing. Once it was confirmerd Juve were relegated, he said he was happy with his life there, then as star players started to elave he said "I'll stay but Juve have to give me a better contract for me to play at this level and if I don't get more money I'll sue the club for breach of contract".

He's a cnut and a shit cnut at that. Last season he hit 4 league goals in the whole season. For a striker thats a fecking embarrasment and in no way United quality. But because he can do the odd trick and flick, the transfer forumites look him up on YouTube and decide he's great from a few seconds of footage

heffa

Big cow?
433tom said:
Hard to tell. If he takes Juventus to court there is a chance he could walk away on a free. I'm sure his lawyer will argue that the club engaging in illegal activities that resulted in relegation and scandel consitutes a breach of contract. Basically, they will claim Juve's illegal activities were harmful to his career. Heck they might even get a damage settlement. On the flip side, a lawsuit may drag on for quite a while.
We'll if we have to pay anywhere near that price i don't want him, but if we can sign him on a free i'ld love him to come to United. There has to be a price we are willing to pay, i'ld say we shouldn't pay more that 20 million euros for him.
The real question is whether we actually will have the cash not whether we would like to sign another striker.

Ronaldo07

Beanpole studying Irish history
Fighting over the internet is like being David Bel
heffa said:
We'll if we have to pay anywhere near that price i don't want him, but if we can sign him on a free i'ld love him to come to United. There has to be a price we are willing to pay, i'ld say we shouldn't pay more that 20 million euros for him.
The real question is whether we actually will have the cash not whether we would like to sign another striker.
On a free in this case would mean a massive signing on fee and a huge contract since lots of clubs will be making bids and we'll have to compete. Zlatan is not the player for United

KingEric7

Stupid Conspiracy Enthusiast Wanker
He reminds me of Ricardo Quaresma. Brilliant at their original clubs, made a move to a bigger stage. Had a shit season because of poor attitude and mentalllity and becomes a waste of talent in abundance.