If everyone is fit, who is your starting 11.

davidmichael

4-3-3

De Gea, Darmian, Smalling, Jones, Shaw, Herrera, Carrick, Schneiderlin, Mata, Rooney, Martial

From that I'd say we need a centre back, a midfield dynamo and a natural pacey goal scoring right winger but quality additions instead of squad players.

Viggers

DDG
Varela-Smalling-Rojo-Shaw
Schneiderlin
Herrera-Blind
Mata-Martial-Memphis

Subs:

Romero
Fosu-Mensah
Bojack
Januzaj
Lingard
Rooney
Carrick
I think..... Would really like to see Blind in midfield to use his passing without suffering his physical limitations

Walters_19_MuFc

Its hard. I'd probably end up changing every week, but on paper I'd like to see something like:

De Gea
Valencia Smalling Blind Shaw
Carrick
Herrera Mata
Lingard Rooney Martial

Romero Jones Rojo Schneiderlin Fellaini Depay Rashford
  • Two attacking full backs. High starting position.
  • Deep lying playmaker in Carrick, who can control the game. Schweinsteiger can also play there.
  • Two centre mids in Herrera and Mata who link really well. Mata being slightly more advanced than Herrera.
  • Lingard and Martial to hug the touchline and create 2v1's with the full backs.
  • Rooney to play both, with his back to goal and run in behind. He'd still have the license to drop off and link play, but that's when you'd need your wingers or one of the centre midfielders to run beyond him.

Slevs

likes to play with penises
De Gea
Varela Smalling Blind Shaw
Herrera Morgan
Young Rooney Memphis
Martial​

Fer

Not sure about the right wing, but something like this if we play 4231:
De Gea
Varela - Smalling - Blind - Shaw
Herrera - Schneiderlin
Januzaj - Mata - Memphis
Martial​

wiz4231

De Gea
Darmian...Smalling....Rojo...Shaw
Morgan
Herrera........Bastian
Januzaj...............................Martial
Rooney

Subs: J. Pereira, Mensah, Jackson, Goss, Pereira, Depay, Rashford​

hobbers

Fairly easy to name the best eleven imo. Amazed to see Blinds and Lingards, both are massive weak links. 433:

De Gea
Darmian, Smalling, Rojo, Shaw
Herrera, Schneiderlin, Schweinsteiger
Young, Rooney, Martial

Herrera and Young could be swapped with Mata and Depay (although Herrera and Young are clearly superior players). Martial has to go on the wing because he's practically the only player in the squad capable of going past his man (but unlike with LVG's tactical approach he'd be ordered to get in the box whenever the ball is on the opposite flank).

This eleven under Mourinho wins the title this season.

Last edited:

stevoc

------------- De Gea

Varela - Smalling - Jones - Shaw

--Schneiderlin-Schweinsteiger

-----Young - Mata - Martial

------------ Rooney

Sparky Rhiwabon

DDG
Schneiderlin (6)
Herrera (8)
Mata (10)
Lingard* Rooney Martial

*Yes I know he's not very good but I can't think of anyone else who can actually play right side of attack - clearly a deficiency in our squad

stevoc

DDG
Schneiderlin (6)
Herrera (8)
Mata (10)
Lingard* Rooney Martial

*Yes I know he's not very good but I can't think of anyone else who can actually play right side of attack - clearly a deficiency in our squad
One of many.

Mike09

DDG
Schneiderlin (6)
Herrera (8)
Mata (10)
Lingard* Rooney Martial

Ashley Young?

Footyislife

4-3-3: Blanc Style

Young - Martial - Rashford

Rooney - Schneiderlin - Herrera

Shaw - Rojo - Smalling - Valencia

De Gea

TheReligion

Abusive
I don't know the best line up anymore to be honest but I do think we would be better with Daley Blind in the midfield in my opinion

pacifictheme

I don't know the best line up anymore to be honest but I do think we would be better with Daley Blind in the midfield in my opinion
Hes too weak and immobile for a first choice anywhere. Good back up.

DDG
Shaw Smalling Jones Varela
Carrick schniederlin
Mata
Martial Rooney Lingard

TheReligion

Abusive
Hes too weak and immobile for a first choice anywhere. Good back up.

DDG
Shaw Smalling Jones Varela
Carrick schniederlin
Mata
Martial Rooney Lingard
Disagree. He has excellent composure, can pick a pass in the same way as Carrick and can finish from close range or 18 yards. He lacks pace but reads the game well.

Should be in the midfield for me.

UnitedBoy

Redcafe Yahoo Pool champion 2007
Gea
Varela -- smalling - rojo - Shaw
-----------------Carrick
------Herrera ---------bastian
Adnan--------Martial-----Mempis

I like this formation because herrera and Bastian not onlynaturally take up atttacking positions but also can support the full backs when Memphis and adnan fail to.

Name Changed

weso26
Disagree. He has excellent composure, can pick a pass in the same way as Carrick and can finish from close range or 18 yards. He lacks pace but reads the game well.

I think he's simply a decent player, nothing more. I do like him, but to challenge for trophies again, we need to aim far higher than decent

Mike09

He has the composure, can pick a pass, positioning is good and can read the game well but the quality is nowhere near Carrick at his best or his old good days. But yeah I actually prefer to see Blind in midfield and obviously much better than see him as a centre back at the moment but Phil Jones is just an injury prone.

Mciahel Goodman

Worst Werewolf Player of All Times
Staff
DDG
Varela Smalling Blind Shaw
Schweinsteiger Schneiderlin
----------Mata
Martial Rooney Rashford

Mike09

I think he's simply a decent player, nothing more. I do like him, but to challenge for trophies again, we need to aim far higher than decent
It's true but there is no need to challenge for trophies next season. I think it's better if we take it step by step from next season. It will take a long period time obviously. We made so much changes this season by selling the deadwood and end up changing the atmosphere of the club and now we are struggle.

stevoc

Oh yes, just perhaps the most blindingly obvious. Striker a close second though.
Yeah lack of a proper CB who can stay fit to partner Smalling and lack of proper fullbacks outside of Shaw run the striker shortage close though.

Too many round pegs in square holes, ridiculous how many players we regularly have to play out of position.

stevoc

It's true but there is no need to challenge for trophies next season. I think it's better if we take it step by step from next season. It will take a long period time obviously. We made so much changes this season by selling the deadwood and end up changing the atmosphere of the club and now we are struggle.
Yeah we're doing great now we sold all that ''Deadwood''.

stevoc

Don't really understand why are you quoting that when it seems we share the same idea.
Not really my friend, we sold a lot of players loads of people thought were shit. The popular theory being once they were all sold we would be a great team once again but not only are we no better off, we're actually worse in my opinion.

So maybe, just maybe a fair amount of those players Van Gaal sold weren't deadwood at all. So far a lot of their replacements (if they even were replaced) have been massive disappointments. Judging by this season the current squad is bursting at the seams with deadwood.

Mike09

Not really my friend, we sold a lot of players loads of people thought were shit. The popular theory being once they were all sold we would be a great team once again but not only are we no better off, we're actually worse in my opinion.

So maybe, just maybe a fair amount of those players Van Gaal sold weren't deadwood at all. So far a lot of their replacements (if they even were replaced) have been massive disappointments. Judging by this season the current squad is bursting at the seams with deadwood.
Well basically your point and my point is the same thing. People called them deadwood. We sold them and made too much change and signing a lot of new players and inexperience ones at the end of day it wasn't a good idea.

stevoc

Well basically your point and my point is the same thing. People called them deadwood. We sold them and made too much change and signing a lot of new players and inexperience ones at the end of day it wasn't a good idea.
Ah yeah we basically are in agreement then, you are right mate sorry. I completely misunderstood the tone of your post.

Leftback99

Might have a bedwetting fetish.
Any 11 anyone can name including what i'd pick are just so average. Only DDG, Smalling, Shaw (if he recovers well) and Martial stand out above your typical West Ham, West Brom, Southampton standard player.

Long Ball

DDG
MD--CS--PJ--LS
MC
AH-----AP
JM------------AM
WR
This has actually become a really difficult task of late. I've gone with jones as a centre back because when they are both fit Smalling and jones have conceded less goals. Carrick just nips it for a 4-3-3 as I feel he's better when alone, and alongside Herrera and pereira we'd have some silky midfield possession. Carrick is also a lot better at starting a counter attack. I went with pereira over Schiederlin as I feel the latter should rotate with carrick, and as we don't have a number ten and Herrera is mobile he can't strut his stuff. Right wing isn't a great choice in mata, but it's hard to leave out the Herrera & Juan bromance. But Rashford honourable mention for a fluid front three and dropping Rooney but that would mean Memphis hitting form

If 4-2-3-1

DDG
MD--CS--PJ--LS
AH--MS
AY-----JM-----AM
WR
Mata moving central means pace is needed on the wings so Young comes in on the right. I have my doubts about Herrera as a deeper midfielder but I prefer his athleticism over carrick/bastian in this formation.

I'm not a Rooney fan but with Martial covering the left wing due to Memphis's poor form wayne gets picked

Minkaro

De Gea
Varela Smalling Blind* Shaw
Schweinsteiger* Schneiderlin
Herrera
Lingard* Rooney* Martial
* - ideally replaced next season (as first-choice players)

Robbo 7

DDG
Varela - Smalling - Blind - Shaw
Morgan
Mata Herrera
Lingard Rooney Martial

Subs: Sergio, Darmian, Jones, Depay, Rashford, Bastian, Carrick

Fer

De Gea
Varela Smalling Blind* Shaw
Schweinsteiger* Schneiderlin
Herrera
Lingard* Rooney* Martial
* - ideally replaced next season (as first-choice players)
I agree. IMO the positions you mentioned are our priorities. Also if we sell Mata, we could sign a new #10. My concern is that the next manager could play with the new striker and Rooney as CAM.

NoPace

------Martial-----
Memphis----DiMaria
-Herrera-Schweinsteiger
-----Schneiderlin
Shaw-Blind-Smalling-Varela
-------De Gea