If Liverpool win tomorrow's match

The Dane

Tomorrow is not so much about United winning as it’s about Liverpool not winning. With Spurs being Spurs and Newcastle having lost momentum, we have to do all we can to avoid Liverpool getting any closer to a top 4 finish. If they finish outside of top 4 that could seriously impact their ability to attract players this summer, and with Arsenal and us back at it, it could be that they will be without CL football for years to come :drool:

Fabio Rochemback

Good points but don't de surprised to see people saying that 60% of the squad need to be released on free transfers if we lose.

DJ_21

Evens winner of 'Odds or Evens 2022/2023'
Think we have a great chance of coming away with 3 points. However we need to avoid losing at all cost. A draw would be decent for us. Can’t let them win and gain momentum and confidence as they’ll end up finishing top 4. Newcastle and spurs are inconsistent.

MinGin

I do think stamina would be our bigger competitor than Liverpool currently
How many percentage of the players' recovery would be a question mark.

SAFMUTD

If we lose tomorrow it's 100% on this fecking jinxing thread.

TheRedHearted

Tomorrow is not so much about United winning as it’s about Liverpool not winning. With Spurs being Spurs and Newcastle having lost momentum, we have to do all we can to avoid Liverpool getting any closer to a top 4 finish. If they finish outside of top 4 that could seriously impact their ability to attract players this summer, and with Arsenal and us back at it, it could be that they will be without CL football for years to come :drool:
Come on man, we still haven’t even cemented top 4. This game is 100 percent about United winning.

HisNameIsEarl

Don't lose your shit.
Its one game of a very long and arduous season.

It's not going to define this team or the progression.

Stay calm one way or another. It won't be the end of the world.
Making yourself a target for the negativity in that case.

Honorable, but can you bear it? My regrets in advance.

Irwin99

This is by far our toughest league fixture left this season, so i'm just thinking of it as 'getting it out the way' regardless of the result. If we win that would be fantastic but look at our upcoming domestic fixtures:

Southampton (home)
Newcastle (away)
Brentford (home)
Everton (home)
Forrest (away)

Other than a tricky game against Newcastle those teams aren't exactly formidable and when you consider our home form, that's a pretty kind set of teams to face to recover momentum if we lose tomorrow :wenger:

RedBanker

I love you Ole
I think we'll win.

It's the people that can't see past one result. we are attempting to ease their pain.

Its one game. Three points.
Great if we win but not the end of the world if not.
Let's not even think about defeat before the game has been played? That's another way to look at it innit?

I get what you meant by this thread but I see no reason why we should be losing this game. I firmly believe we can get positive results in any game we play.

MoXoM

Sorry but I’d be extremely pissed if we lost to Liverpool - especially after the week or two we’ve just had.

It would feel like a real step backwards - even a draw.

I guess this is a real testament to the winning mentality ETH has given back to us.

I am realistic and realise that we will drop points during the remainder of the season but not to these clowns!

:keano:

tufapshakur

Football is not about winning, it's about love and respect and taking part. At the end of the day, keep one hand on your wallet and give a Scouser a hug.

Not sure why my mates all insist I should be a Tottenham supporter.

glasgow 21

This is by far our toughest league fixture left this season, so i'm just thinking of it as 'getting it out the way' regardless of the result. If we win that would be fantastic but look at our upcoming domestic fixtures:

Southampton (home)
Newcastle (away)
Brentford (home)
Everton (home)
Forrest (away)

Other than a tricky game against Newcastle those teams aren't exactly formidable and when you consider our home form, that's a pretty kind set of teams to face to recover momentum if we lose tomorrow :wenger:
Yeah hopefully a win tomorrow and Bruno G gets his fifth yellow card the game before Newcastle's against us would work out nicely. As for some comments saying this is Ten Hag's first big test, are you having a laugh ?.

Zen86

I’ll expect the ETH sack watch thread to pop up if we don’t clobber them.

Man-United

Yeah hopefully a win tomorrow and Bruno G gets his fifth yellow card the game before Newcastle's against us would work out nicely. As for some comments saying this is Ten Hag's first big test, are you having a laugh ?.
Need 10 yellow cards to be suspended now, not 5 anymore after 19 league games.

always_hoping

Some posters need to take the hectic schedule in account when poor performance and results happen.

YikesSchmeics

Our title credentials are hanging on by a thread, so tomorrow is, frankly, must win.

I can see Arsenal dropping points at Liverpool, Newcastle, City and potentially one or two of the London derbies vs Fulham, West Ham (both away) or Chelsea (surely their awful form can't continue forever) - so 9 - 12 points I think and we are potentially 8 points behind if we won our games in hand. We are into must win mode. It can be done. It probably won't be done. But if we have the ambition to win it, every single game now is must win.

So yea, if we lose tomorrow, I won't lose my shit because we are having a much improved and relatively good season, but I'll be sad as it'll be the final nail in the coffin of our title chase.

TsuWave

These outrage deterrent threads come off like we’re super insecure or something

DLE

Alternative for Docklands Light Rail
Klopp bothers me. Don’t want his stupid horse teeth smile tomorrow.

RuudTom83

The media are praising United recently just because the narrative needs to be laid now...so they can criticise United for ONLY winning the League Cup come the end of the season.

Liverpool Win tomorrow will obviously mean they are BACK!

But is all part of the fun and you shouldn't take any notice of it.

PigeonEscobar

Why are we even talking about losing ffs?
I was thinking the same thing.
We’re in a better form that them and we’ve been having a better season than them.
Real Madrid went there and made them look like amateurs, taught them a lesson.

Losing at Anfield to this lot would be a bummer, man.

RaddyRed

Supports
Henrik Larsson
We will hammer them tomorrow. Liverpool will come out all guns blazing, take the lead, and then the players will remember last seasons humiliation and punish them

1-4

Lee565

If liverpool win Sourness will claim liverpool are back and are currently the best side in Europe whilst claiming man united overspent on casimero, martinez is too short to hang in the premier league and pogba was the most at fault for the loss

I’m loving my life

It’s quite likely given the way these things go. They’re at home and this will be their cup final in the current situation.

We have been excellent so losing wouldn’t dent our confidence

Ayoba

Poster of Noncense.
I do think we'll drop points. Are away record this season against the big teams isn't the greatest.

City - L
Arsenal - L
Chelsea - D
Barca - D