If Pep got sacked....

Giggsy13

City aren’t big enough to sack Pep. They’ll just hope he eventually walks away, which he will, if the challenge to get city that champions league title becomes too much of a hurdle.

V.O.

Last Man Standing finalist 2019/20
He's never managed a team that wasn't already head and shoulders above every side in their league when he took over. Juve or PSG for him next.

OleBoiii

He would never join us. Not unless Woodward added some sort of spending guarantee clause in his contract.

wolvored

I would say yes, as if backed would take us to another level, but he would never come here. The owners wouldnt back him.

Andycoleno9

matchday malcontent
He is a fraud and only knows to work with unlimited budget.

But i would take him that second and consider him as best manager in the world

Neil_Buchanan

Cock'd
I think it’s a bit too great of a challenge for him at United right now. I wouldn’t be against us signing him in the future, once he has been somewhere else for a while.

el3mel

He said he won't manage us, but of course if possible ? I'll take him any time any day ahead of any other manager in the world bar Klopp.

Edit : Also won't it be fun to have SAF, Mourinho and Pep in our managers history list ? :D

OleBoiii

He's obviously a great coach. Just because he hasn't taken a lower table team to EL football or something like that, it doesn't mean that he's a fraud(even though the Pep Guardiola is my idol memes are kind of funny). In fact, if we can't find the next Fergie, then Pep is just the sort of coach we need, imo. We are also arguably in a better position than his City team was when he took over. At least around the same level.

But like I said: it's never gonna happen with our owners.

Ibi Dreams

I actually think he may still manage us at some point, but not directly after managing City.

I'd give him a go, hard to turn down someone with his credentials. I suspect it wouldn't be a good fit in some ways though

I wouldn’t ever want a manager that has any links to City or Liverpool.

cant imagine that would ever work :rolleyes:

I don’t think he would go directly from City in any case, further down the line perhaps.

Rolaholic

I know being a United fans is not easy

But a fraud? Come on
Fraud is a little strong but he really is a classic chequebook manager. Always taken up a job at a club that's either already a finished product or nearly there and gets carte blanche when it comes to spending.

Happened at Barcelona with the foundations Rijkaard had laid down and won a UCL title with before, happened at Bayern taking over a side that had just won a quadruple the prior season and at City now with a team that had won the league one year and a half earlier.

He wouldn't ever look twice at a club in rebuild or looking to get back to the top like Klopp a few years ago, it's never been his style.

dove

Of course I would take him but it's not happening, we are allergic to good managers. Imagine calling him a fraud though :lol:

lex talionis

I wouldn’t say no if it were a real possibility, but Pep in fact is a manager who specializes in taking a top of class club with an unlimited bank account and keeping it there. There’s no evidence to suggest that can or would take a club that’s struggling, like we are now, and build it into a trophy winner.

Forevergiggs1

Supports
United
The only question to ask is would he improve us and I'd say a definite yes. VDB, Bruno and Rashford would flourish under him. Don't think Martial would make the cut though. He's shown in glimpses a little bit of fight in him but can he do it over a full season? Pogba the same and Shaw even though I rate him wouldnt keep up with Peps relentless pace. Fred could become an important player.

Maybe even Ed would open the cheque book having a manager like Pep. We can dream anyway

Matriac

Thanks for making this thread. Seeing who replies saying they'd take him in a heartbeat is really good context for discussions in other threads.

Raoul

Admin
Staff
Do we really have the money for them? Corona must have hit us hard I think.
All the more reason to win trophies soon rather than employ yet another long term strategy that results in an early sacking and player exodus. We need results fast and as such, require players and coaches who can deliver quickly.

KeanoMagicHat

Ability wise anyone who says they wouldn’t have him here is deluded. But if you said if you didn’t want him here because he managed Man City then that’s a perfectly fine reason.