If the Liverpool game never got called off….

UnitedSofa

You'll Never Walk Away
….we’d have secured 2nd by now and our impressive form had of continued.

Funny how a little blip can feck everything up

SER19

This team gave up weeks ago and will be delighted fans are letting them off the hook

charlenefan

Far less insightful than the other Charley
Their heads have been focused on the final since beating Villa, that was the game where they felt job was done they've treated every game since like it's a post season friendly (I'll let them off for the Leicester game)

AshRK

If the team loses form because of these things then I worry we may never win anything big with these players and manager. I understand not winning against Leicester but poor job against Liverpool and today is not acceptable. No excuses for that

Hoof the ball

The only worry is that we're assuming that we can suddenly up the intensity in the EL Final when it counts, but usually you carry intensity from one game to the next. Form into finals is important psychologically.

UnitedSofa

You'll Never Walk Away
If the team loses form because of these things then I worry we may never win anything big with these players and manager. I understand not winning against Leicester but poor job against Liverpool and today is not acceptable. No excuses for that
Before the Leeds and Villa game we had 16 days between them. Then we had 4 games in 8 days with lots of rotation.

Even the CAF’s googly eyes for how good City are would struggle for any real sense of rhythm or form. You need to keep that momentum up.

Getting the Liverpool game called off really fecked up the momentum and it *may* affect the Final. I hope it doesn’t though!

Protest all you want but I’d hoped the game had gone ahead. Catch 22 as it may have got the fans a meeting with the owners and real change may occur but we may lose silverware as a result of it. Europa is 2nd rate compared to UCL but, a trophy is a trophy at the end of the day.

Ferguson teams often let off the gas once the league was sewn up. His last ever game ended 5-5 after conceding 3 in the last 10 minutes.

As long as we wake up for the final i dont care about the rest.

AshRK

Ferguson teams often let off the gas once the league was sewn up. His last ever game ended 5-5 after conceding 3 in the last 10 minutes.

As long as we wake up for the final i dont care about the rest.
I understand we have nothing to play in the league but still we shouldn't be complacent. Winning and ending the season on high can only give confidence. Also, I don't think we have achieved anything to let the pedal off the gas.