If the super league happens, will you still support Man United? Now with added poll

If the super league happens, will you still support Man United?

• Yes

• No

Results are only viewable after voting.

Andycoleno9

matchday malcontent
Do those people think it’s a joke? No. I’m one of them. If you can’t see this is a money grab for the glazers and the likes, not for the club, you’re mistaken.
if this idea goes ahead as it is, I’m done. They have criminally neglected the fan element
The club wouldn't exist anymore. It'd be a "soccer franchise". Just look at how teams in the NFL are handled. San Diego was home to the Chargers from 1961 until 2017 before they relocated to Los Angeles (incidentally they started in LA for 1 year before moving to San Diego). Similar with the Rams, from St Louis to LA. Or the Oakland Raiders being in Oakland between 1960-1981, then going to LA until 1995, then back to Oakland until 2019 and now being known as the Las Vegas Raiders. It's a fecking joke. And it's murdering the concept of everything we've grown up to love. It won't be Manchester United anymore.
I get you guys. I am angry on club too. But my answer is similiar as was in topic about gold diggers in football. How you can stop supporting club who you support whole life? In my case 30+ years. I can't say; "Ok, that is it. I don't care anymore". Just can't...

I can be less emotional (and i will because i hate friendly games) but still i will watch every game and support United. Even it is a league with only United and one club. :)

Craig Ward

How is that different from N American sports? They're competitive.
I wouldnt know, I dont watch American sports. I've no interest in them, and if our football is going that way i've no interest in that either.

This new league is utter rubbish. End of

bosnian_red

Worst scout to ever exist
I get you guys. I am angry on club too. But my answer is similiar as was in topic about gold diggers in football. How you can stop supporting club who you support whole life? In my case 30+ years. I can't say; "Ok, that is it. I don't care anymore". Just can't...

I can be less emotional (and i will because i hate friendly games) but still i will watch every game and support United. Even it is a league with only United and one club. :)
Will you support Manchester United when they're called the New York United Devils or some shite? That's the point. This is the death of the football club and it won't be the same thing.

SuperiorXI

Those that think if this goes through United will still remain the same club are in cloud cuckoo land, it turns into a franchise and abandons over 100 years of history and tradition. It will cease to be Man United anyway, it'll be something else.

bosnian_red

This.

I grew up in LA and was a Rams fan. In 95 they moved and I begrudgingly decided to switch to the Raiders, who moved months later. I now no longer give 2 shits about the NFL (other than being married to a Packer fan). The owners stole my clubs away from me to make more money and it killed not just my love for the clubs, but for the game itself.
On the packers, I read that they're actually the only fan owned team in the NFL? Pretty much the only thing that keeps them from being moved to a different city.

Andycoleno9

matchday malcontent
Will you support Manchester United when they're called the New York United Devils or some shite? That's the point. This is the death of the football club and it won't be the same thing.
Ok, never say never in life of course but that will never happen. And yeah, i don't have answer on that tbh.

stubie

It wouldn’t be the same Man Utd I’ve known for the past 30+ years.

Football has gradually become more corporate and corrupt I’m struggling to recognise it now

WI_Red

Redcafes Most Rested
Supports
Atlanta United
On the packers, I read that they're actually the only fan owned team in the NFL? Pretty much the only thing that keeps them from being moved to a different city.
They are, sort of. Supporters can buy shares but they are mainly ceremonial and can not be sold. Decisions are made by an elected board.

DoomSlayer

No and this would literally be the final drop. I already don't support football, in practice, especially due to how ultra capitalistic it has become, but this would push me away from Manchester United forever.

I'll always hold the bond in my heart, I'll cherish all the amazing memories and emotions, but since I already lost it with football, I can see this destroying every ounce left of attachment I still have for the game.

Would probably still follow some news from time to time, but I'd definitely make the conscious decision to remove myself from this.

Statue of Limitations

I will still support Man Utd, in the sense that in football club terms there is simply no other club that I could ever care this much about.
But - I suspect I won't be anywhere near as passionate about us or football in general if this goes ahead.

I wonder what options this Emergency PL Meeting of the 14 other teams are looking at.

Balljy

Ok, never say never in life of course but that will never happen. And yeah, i don't have answer on that tbh.
If this goes through I can see the "Red Devils" being banded about as a franchise name relatively quickly

Neil_Buchanan

Cock'd
I’ll still support United. I really don’t like this automatic qualification or whatever you want to call it but it’s not enough to turn me away from the club just yet.
Over time it makes the sport less competitive and therefore less interesting so I may pay less attention in future.

Andycoleno9

matchday malcontent
More than 50% would stop supporting United? :lol:

Are these all oppos or is the usual mood in the United Forum correct and most of the people claiming to be United fans do actually hate the club?
I think it is current anger and emotions. People say what they don't mean. It will pass in few weeks. Or in this case months...

alexthelion

I wouldnt know, I dont watch American sports. I've no interest in them, and if our football is going that way i've no interest in that either.

This new league is utter rubbish. End of
If you've not watched American league sport, how do you know the new league will be rubbish? :confused:

Revan

Assumptionman
The main purpose of a football club is to play football for the fans to enjoy it. I really cant see how anyone can enjoy a superleague.

- there will be 2 football organisations:
- a superleague with 16? clubs
- a fifa with over 100.000+ clubs.

Where do you want to belong to?
A league of 16 clubs who play over and over against eachother? Maybe the first year is fun. Maybe the second year is fun? But in the long run it wil get boring as hell. Playing the same clubs over and over, without any new clubs. When you win the league, you are the best of 16 teams. You will never be the best of all of Europe again. You will never be the best of England again. You will never win the FA cup again.

Where do players want to belong to? A league of 16 clubs, where they cant play for their national teams? Where there career is over, when they get sacked by their club, because they cant play in one of the 100.000+ clubs of the fifa anymore ?

You cant go to away matches anymore because it is too far away and too expensive. You cant talk about football with your mates who support a club outside the superleauge (so basically allmost everyone) because they laugh at you and your club.

All United fans should stand united, against the superleague and let the Glaziers know that they can't feck up their Football club.
Do basketball players want to be in NBA or in one of 100000+ basketball clubs under FIBA umbrella?

It is gonna be the same here. These clubs have more fans than the rest of the clubs combined.

alexthelion

Those that think if this goes through United will still remain the same club are in cloud cuckoo land, it turns into a franchise and abandons over 100 years of history and tradition. It will cease to be Man United anyway, it'll be something else.
United ceased to be a "proper club" the moment they were listed.

hobbers

I take this question as 'would I support them in the super league'.

And no, obviously I wouldn't. I don't give a feck about glorified friendly tournaments.

And what would be the point of caring about our domestic league when the big six, and especially the Glazers, would have no interest or motivation for the club to do well in it?

Club football as a spectacle dies with these proposals to any genuine United fan. The club will have nothing to play for but tv subs in China and India. Club income is based only on participation and not on success.

Dirty Schwein

Has a 'Best of Britney Spears' album
Supports
Luton Town
More than 50% would stop supporting United? :lol:

Are these all oppos or is the usual mood in the United Forum correct and most of the people claiming to be United fans do actually hate the club?
I like Man United a lot. I like football as a competitive sport more. One is threatening the other.

Snowjoe

༼ つ ◕_◕ ༽つ
Staff
Supports
Cheltenham Town
I think it is current anger and emotions. People say what they don't mean. It will pass in few weeks. Or in this case months...
I mean it 100%, I refuse to give the club anymore money if they treat the rest of our football pyramid like this

Balljy

If you've not watched American league sport, how do you know the new league will be rubbish? :confused:
Franchise based US sport is appalling for me. The entire ethos behind football is the ability of smaller clubs rising through and competing occasionally which is something that the US based structure deliberately stops. It's not like football should struggling being a worldwide sport rather than limited to a few countries like the one we now appear to be emulating.

Revan

Assumptionman
Who is saying that this is gonna happen? We need far faster airplanes for that to happen.

Withnail

I will but I'm cancelling MUTV and I stream all the matches. Any shirts I've bought over the past year were from China as well so I'm not funding the cnuts.

WI_Red

Redcafes Most Rested
Supports
Atlanta United
I answered no.

When the Rams/Raiders left LA I said never again to having my heart ripped out by a team. But I was just a kid and so I believed it would never happen again.
When I lived through years of the Giants threatening to leave San Francisco and trading away their best players I said never again to having my heart held hostage by a team. But I was just a kid and so I still believed it would never happen again.

Over the years my love of sports has waned, except for football and for Utd.

What the Glazers have done, and are doing, is shredding the very soul of the club. And so if this final nail is put in the coffin I will walk away because I am no longer a kid and I know this will happen again.

bosnian_red

Who is saying that this is gonna happen? We need far faster airplanes for that to happen.
What's to stop it? They'll quickly drop out of the domestic leagues and just focus on the ESL. It'll be franchises across Europe, who then play games abroad (like they already tried doing in the PL), before they just relocate and move around now and then. Maybe they won't rename them but effectively, it'll be the same shit.

troylocker

This is the time to take a stand and stop this from happening. We need to stand together and give our big collective fecking NO to ESL right now. This is the definition of plastic and will ripp the soul out of football. After 42 years of supporting this club, I'm out if we join the ESL.

Revan

Assumptionman
What's to stop it? They'll quickly drop out of the domestic leagues and just focus on the ESL. It'll be franchises across Europe, who then play games abroad (like they already tried doing in the PL), before they just relocate and move around now and then. Maybe they won't rename them but effectively, it'll be the same shit.
The geography. It is not sustainable having a world league with the current technology. Players won't be able to stay fit and be at their best while playing today in London, 3 days later in Dubai and then at the end of the week in Canberra. It is done in the US, but the US is much much smaller than the world.

I could however see that a couple of games or so might be played in other countries, and I do not see anything wrong with that.

Again, it is entertainment. Whatever entertains more is good. Football is not the meaning of life itself, it is 22 millionaires running after a bag of air trying to entertain people.

Wilbursaurus

Hell no. I'm not supporting a club that turns it's back on it's proud history and fans. The day this happens, is the day I walk. 25+ years for nothing. I will walk in a second as it will no longer be a 'club'.

troylocker

If your best friend becomes an unbearable arsehole, you can maybe live with that for a while, but when he tells you to your face that he doesn't care the shit about you, you find someone else to spend your time with. I've supported this club since the late 70's and it has been a fantastic journey, but I will not follow the Glazers off this cliff like a braindead zombie. Hopefully I will find a likeable team out there that actually cares about their fans.

DoomSlayer

I'm fully behind my words. I'll request a permanent ban and the removal of my account here if these greedy bastards get their way yet again. I don't like football as it is, this would be the final straw.

I see enough of that in my own real life, football was always the one thing that helps to try and escape the BS that surrounds us.