Il Fenomeno Draft - R1 - Physio vs Enigma

With players at their career peak, who would win? Edit

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Enigma_87

You know who
@Enigma_87 It seems to me that your main point is that Kempes isn't a 10 and so I really have a midfield two. I don't buy the argument but understand it however you have really gone in far too hard on Suarez to make your point. I would also point out Inter were considered a highly defensive side so saying my side is more attacking isn't saying much. Yes, I have two attacking full-backs but the explicit instructions from the OP is that only one bombs on at a time but both will get their fair share of doing so. Bennarivo played in the 94 World Cup final keeping the Brazilians out all game. Cafu is also clearly an excellent defender. I will admit this is an attacking team but it isn't unbalanced IMO. Blokhin is clearly hardworking and Finney dropped deep in the attacking build up (I suspect he worked quite hard but the only game we have for him he was half injured).

On Rivelino I watched him vs Italy and Uruguay in 1970 and he took a lot of long shots in both. Also Batistuta did that in a few of his all-touch compilations recently too. I'm not saying long shots are not a valid option against a deep defence but that Ronaldo would be pissed it wasn't him doing it.

To repeat, where I have the clear advantage is Law vs Kompany, Cafu and Finney vs Lizarazu.
Yeah, it is. It's not a slight on Suarez, but this is the argument there.

Also it's not Law vs Kompany, as Nesta is also there and there is no man marking job on him and I expect Nesta to take care of him most of the time. As I said Ronaldo during that time frame attacked from both sides so it's not exactly a h2h between him and Cafu.

Rivellino had a great shot on him, Ronaldo too, Batistuta too and they will have space from the looks of it around the box considering that you are indeed a more attacking side.

Where our advantage is is that we have IMO the best player in each line - Nesta, Neeskens and Ronaldo. Individually I think we also have an advantage and the our side doesn't lack balance - hence I think it's enough to win us the game.

As mentioned in the thread earlier if you are discounting Cristiano and Souness from the equation it's the same on the other side - Lizarazu/Ronaldo vs Cafu.

Jim Beam

Gets aroused by men in low socks
Even if Suarez played a bit further (and by those videos you can't say that) it is more of a question can that version play in this tatcics and working well in it. And there is zero doubt he can.
I really like Kempes pick too, his directness and pace can cause a lot of problems.

Lot of quality in enigma's team too, so I will probably call it a draw.

Synco

Lucio's #1 Fan
Even if Suarez played a bit further (and by those videos you can't say that) it is more of a question can that version play in this tatcics and working well in it.
I think that's a good interpretation of the three year peak. So much of a player's historic role & real life impact is down to that particular tactical environment. In a different (for example more modern) environment his tasks & impact on the collective would be different. A 1:1 projection doesn't work, so the question should merely be: could he play what's required?

Last edited:

Šjor Bepo

Wout is love, Wout is life; all hail Wout!
id kick you out for no other reason then butchering Ronaldo:wenger: