"In a couple of days you will understand why I played Lindelof and Smalling"

RedDevil@84

Jones abused someone. Did the doping officer wanted to stick a needle to his d**k?

P-Nut

fan of well-known French footballer Fabinho
Strange to have 2 players charged from one game over what sounds like similar things. Also is it just me or does Blinds offence sound slightly worse?

el3mel

It wasn't a very pleasant surprise Jose has hidden from us I must say, but well played from him. :lol:

Sparky Rhiwabon

So, does this mean that we'll be playing one pairing (Bailly and Jones) in the leagues and another in the early CL games (Lindelof and Smalling) or does it mean that Lindelof and Smalling will play in the league so that they're used to playing together when we get to those two CL games?

Annihilate Now!

...or later, I'm not fussy
Scout
I mean, at least there was pay-off... I like everyone else I imagined, heard him say this, pondered what it could mean, then just as quickly forgot all about it, and would never have even noticed if nothing had happened for the next few days/weeks.

Dazzmondo

So, does this mean that we'll be playing one pairing (Bailly and Jones) in the leagues and another in the early CL games (Lindelof and Smalling) or does it mean that Lindelof and Smalling will play in the league so that they're used to playing together when we get to those two CL games?
I would think the 1st option is more likely. Don't think Jose has settled on his preferred cb pairing yet anyway. He'll probably decide 1st choice pairing based on early performances

Kapardin

Mourinho the mage.

I prefer Smalling to Jones. Even though Smalling acts like a little girl when the ball comes near him, he is more of a goal scoring defender. Gets 5 goals a season.

Jones is a better defender though. If we fused the two, we would probably have a decent defender with all skill-sets.

Lennon7

nipple flasher and door destroyer
Footballing punishment for non-football offence.
Seems harsh enough to appeal against.
It's in the UEFA disciplinary regulations, article 15 according to that tweet. It's absolutely to do with football anyway, the same way you can't swear and abuse a referee. Post game doping tests are routine in football. Jones is in the wrong.

As for Blind, don't have a clue what's gone on there.

Van Piorsing

Lost his light sabre
It's in the UEFA disciplinary regulations, article 15 according to that tweet. It's absolutely to do with football anyway, the same way you can't swear and abuse a referee. Post game doping tests are routine in football. Jones is in the wrong.

That could really be the case for Mulder & Scully because Blind usually acts like doctor of medicine himself.

Safe to say, we all can feel confused about the whole thing.

All 3 United

His tinfoil hat protects him from the Glazers.
One thing that looks sure is that Smalling is going to be here next season. Liability.

savais

Mystery solved indeed. So although we were wrong..we were not reading too much into his comments :)

Verminator

Why should the club suffer?
Surely a fine for this is sufficient?
If there was blame to be laid on the club, it would have been fined.

Ravelation

Krump at me Bro
The more I hear people complain that we are United and get unfair treatment in regards to bans and stuff, the more I think it's a lot of tosh. Then, things like this happen and i remember again.

Lennon7

nipple flasher and door destroyer
Why should the club suffer?
Surely a fine for this is sufficient?
If there was blame to be laid on the club, it would have been fined.
The club was fined. £10k.

I'm not saying it's United's fault anyway but that's what happens. Jones is their employee, the employer gets it when any employee fecks up, in any industry. Even when I worked in Morrisons when I was 18, if you sold alcohol to an underaged fella the store AND the employee would get fined (after warnings).

TwoSheds

More sheds (and tiles) than you, probably
Looks quite simple to me. Should have reported straight after the final whistle, but did not go straight from the pitch but a bit later. Therefor, fined for 5k.
Is it not a bit fecking ridiculous for some jobsworth to drag you away from the trophy celebrations for a drugs test? What difference does it make if the chaperone hangs about with you for an extra 15 minutes on the pitch instead of being a cock? It seems like both Jones and Blind didn't like the way the officials handled it and I don't see either of them as massive troublemakers personally...

Giant Midget

Aka - rooney_10119
Is it not a bit fecking ridiculous for some jobsworth to drag you away from the trophy celebrations for a drugs test? What difference does it make if the chaperone hangs about with you for an extra 15 minutes on the pitch instead of being a cock? It seems like both Jones and Blind didn't like the way the officials handled it and I don't see either of them as massive troublemakers personally...
Possibly the extra 15 mins could theoretically be used to arrange a substitute urine sample or interfere with the test in some way, once you've been informed you've been selected.

ti vu

Strange to have 2 players charged from one game over what sounds like similar things. Also is it just me or does Blinds offence sound slightly worse?
Stranger is that testing an unused sub.

TBH, I would be mad too if I were Jones. I meant how one got doped, still injured alot & had so little gametime over the years/ season. That is very racist. Injury proneness matters. Feck UEFA.

--------------------------------------------

roseguy64

Possibly the extra 15 mins could theoretically be used to arrange a substitute urine sample or interfere with the test in some way, once you've been informed you've been selected.
This is it. People have lots of ways of avoiding being caught so they're applying the correct thing here. If you're a fan of other sports like athletics that get tested a lot, then these bans aren't surprising.

TehRed

I do wonder if either of Smalling or Jones would have been sold in this window if Rojo had not gotten injured. A lot of people assuming that Jose's comments here were possibly about one of Jones or Smalling being sold. If we thought there was a possibility of that happening with Rojo injured, surely it would have been way more likely had he been fit right now.

IBleedRed

likes to use pantyhose
The more I hear people complain that we are United and get unfair treatment in regards to bans and stuff, the more I think it's a lot of tosh. Then, things like this happen and i remember again.
You only have to remember Rio's ban; which is especially ridiculous when compared to the punishments for cheating, assault and racial abuse.