Film Indiana Jones 5

Salt Bailly

Auburn, not Ginger.
“It’s full of adventure, full of laughs, full of real emotion. And it’s complex and it’s sneaky,” Harrison Ford tells Empire. Stepping back into the world of Indy was no mean feat. “The shooting of it was tough and long and arduous,” he says. “But I’m very happy with the film that we have.”
First look in the latest edition of Empire.

I think we can all agree that KotCS was a big misfire, mainly because they let Lucas control the story. Hopefully they make amends with this one and send him off in style.

TwoSheds

More sheds (and tiles) than you, probably
Indiana Jones and the Golden Zimmer frame?

Norman Brownbutter

ask him about his bath time mishap
I heard there was test screenings with 6 different endings, and they all bombed with the audience. Apparently they all ended the same way, which I will spoiler just in case
With Phoebe Waller Bridge being passed Indianas hat and whip. Shes not taking over his name, but it's a passing of the torch type thing. So it's setting her up to take the franchise forward with some sequels.

Chairman Steve

I remember way back reading Frank Darabont wrote the proposed fourth Indiana Jones script and Spielberg REALLY liked it, and then Lucas meddled in it and we got Crystal Skull instead. Make that movie I say.

Mockney

Not the only poster to be named Poster of the Year
I hope he wears other clothes. Putting him in exactly the same outfit all the time is just a bit weird, especially now he’s so old. I get he has to wear it a bit, but Krystal Skull had him in it the whole film. The character should be able to survive not being a grubby old bum with one jacket and shirt.

Last edited:

AltiUn

likes playing with swords after fantasies
I heard there was test screenings with 6 different endings, and they all bombed with the audience. Apparently they all ended the same way, which I will spoiler just in case
With Phoebe Waller Bridge being passed Indianas hat and whip. Shes not taking over his name, but it's a passing of the torch type thing. So it's setting her up to take the franchise forward with some sequels.
I don’t know if you’re joking or not but that sounds horrendous.

Mockney

And then I saw ones of the babies, and the baby looked at me…

https://www.independent.co.uk/arts-...ndiana-jones-5-release-date-b2227994.html?amp

… tbf filming 6 different endings that all ended the same way sounds like it’s probably bollocks, doesn’t it?

“Now, this one is the same ending, only everyone’s got a different hat on…
And this one is the same ending again, only everyone’s walking with a bit of a limp….Oh, now this one… it’s the same ending, yes, but we’ve made everyone do an accent… What? No, there are only 3 more.”

Last edited:

Big Andy

Bloke
Can't help but think this one will be shit, just like the last one.

Surely at 80 years old, he'll be too slow and old to win fights, and swing with his whip and other associated archaeology shite.

Norman Brownbutter

ask him about his bath time mishap
And then I saw ones of the babies, and the baby looked at me…

https://www.independent.co.uk/arts-...ndiana-jones-5-release-date-b2227994.html?amp

… tbf filming 6 different endings that all ended the same way sounds like it’s probably bollocks, doesn’t it?

“Now, this one is the same ending, only everyone’s got a different hat on…
And this one is the same ending again, only everyone’s walking with a bit of a limp….Oh, now this one… it’s the same ending, yes, but we’ve made everyone do an accent… What? No, there are only 3 more.”
It’s more.
Indy dies, passes hat and whip.
Both Indy’s die passes hat and whip.
Indy doesn’t die passes hat and whip.
Indy is gravely wounded, might die, doesn’t, passes on hat and whip.
Etc etc

It hopefully is bullshit, but who knows these days. Writing has been largely woeful in the Disney camp of late.

SuperiorXI

Surely at 80 years old, he'll be too slow and old to win fights, and swing with his whip and other associated archaeology shite.
Nonsense. Did you see Robert De Niro in The Irishman? He was like Bruce fecking Lee

Red the Bear

Something less generic
I know nothing ever ends in this day and age but they really should just kill him off, no passing of the mantle thing, just let it end in a satisfactory fashion.

No point in milking it anymore either, any continuation of the franchise would end up with the time frame in modern times and any reboot or remake attempts won't work , Ford is Indiana Jones so you can't really re cast him.

Parma Dewol

I’ll only be happy if it’s a great action adventure full of charm, ending with Indy being able to ride off into the sunset having won the day one more time.

Would hate it if the whole film was a nostalgic setup for him being killed off or passing the mantle. Leave that for the inevitable sixth film, just let him enjoy this one! Let him crack jokes, fumble his way through the mysteries of the world, and win one for the good guys with little more than a hat, whip and smile.

Worried about Waller-Bridge’s involvement. Hope Indy doesn’t suffer the same fate as Bond.

Donaldo

Caf Vigilante
Supports
Arsenal
The new one should be a two hour apology for the racist crapfest that was Temple of Doom.

Red the Bear

Something less generic
Killing Han Solo was bad enough.
Han solo shoulder have died in the original trilogy but that's besides the point, the new trilogy was just shit.

Anyways I just hope they don't continue to milk it after ford is done.

TwoSheds

The new one should be a two hour apology for the racist crapfest that was Temple of Doom.
Great film though. Without Temple of Doom we might not have Everything, Everywhere, All At Once!

Van Piorsing

Lost his light sabre
Wait, didn't like Kylo Ren killed him in The Fugitive where he played US president on a plane ?

Where is my Conair sequel.

TwoSheds

It was an awful awful movie. Genuinely repulsed by every frame.
Without Temple of Doom I wouldn't be able to grab my girlfriend's boob with my clawed hand, stare into her eyes intently and exclaim KALIMARRRRR! as I give it a jiggle. The world would be a poorer place.

Reditus

Lineup Prediction League Winner 2021-22
Assuming you are confusing temple of doom with the kingdom of crystal skull

golden_blunder

Site admin. Manchester United fan
Staff

I’ve heard that there are going to be flashback scenes showing him fighting Nazis. They will digitally de-age him. I just hope that they don’t think that the poor fight scenes with DeNiro in the Irishman are something to be copied, it was horrendous.

Chairman Steve

Temple of Doom is great to me too. That opening scene in China is obviously Spielberg doing a playful middle finger at Cubby Broccoli for turning him down for James Bond.

I honestly think Crystal Skull would have been Star Wars prequel bad if not for Spielberg, who steered it to a 7/10 movie.

Mockney

Temple of Doom is also the only film where anything he does actually affects the outcome in anyway.

Supports
Barcelona
They should have done couple of movies in the 90s, with Harrison still young. Never got why Spielberg, and others?, decided to end it with the last crusade.

acnumber9

Temple of Doom is also the only film where anything he does actually affects the outcome in anyway.
He kind of rescued his dad from the Nazi’s in the third and saved him from dying by bringing back the holy grail. Harsh to not give him some credit.