Injury Time

bondsname

What's the point of having 4 minutes of injury time and then ending the game after 3 and a half minutes, with it taking 40 seconds for a goalkeeper to take a goal-kick? Sometimes for no reason the ref add an extra minute or two to the injury-time just for the lols. The way injury-time is handled is terrible, with players faking injuries, time wasting, throwing and kicking the ball away, slow walkoff the pitch when substituted, it's fecking garbage and that's not what I'm spending my money to see.

I would love for there to be a a timer by the match-time that immidietly starts counting when the ball is out of play, so we the supporters can be sure 90 minutes of football is played. If I'm going to pay to watch this shite I want to actually see a 90 minute game. I'm not going to watch a fecking game that can be decided in a matter of seconds, only for the referee to blow the whistle early just because he feels like it. Even the slighest sign of time wasting should be a yellow card, no substitutions should be allowed in the 90th minute (only if it's an serious injury and even then the clock should be paused), to ensure that a game of 90 minutes is being played.

What if the ref in the 1999 CL final thought: "Bayern is leading 1-0 and have hit the post two times so they've already got this in the bag, might aswell just blow the whistle early". Fecking hell these things just piss me off.

PoTMS

Games like that deserve to be called off early.

OnlyTwoDaSilvas

Gullible
Seriously though, I think Sky's timing was actually wrong. Because of the delay at the start of the 2nd half with two balls on the pitch, Sky didn't start the clock until Pawson gave Leeds a drop-ball, whereas I think they were expecting the kick-off to be retaken. The commentators said the board for stoppage time has gone up early, but they were most likely 20 seconds behind.

Anustart89

Areola took over 45 seconds to take a goal kick in added time, was booked by Lee Mason for it and then the whistle was blown at 93:58 of +4 minutes. Absolute joke.

Swedish_Plumber

It’s absolutely bloody pointless. It’s all about creating more drama in big games when the score line is close.

charlenefan

Far less insightful than the other Charley
Areola took over 45 seconds to take a goal kick in added time, was booked by Lee Mason for it and then the whistle was blown at 93:58 of +4 minutes. Absolute joke.
thank feck the fat feck won't be officiating our games again

Leftback99

Might have a bedwetting fetish.
Blowing early meant nothing tonight but if the same thing happened on Sunday the top 4 race looks totally different. Why are the referees allowed to just make it up?

DixieDean

Everton Fan
Supports
Everton
Introduce the stop clock. It's the way to end this crap. Stop the clock when play stops and have two 30 minute halves.

Cast5

It’s absolutely bloody pointless. It’s all about creating more drama in big games when the score line is close.
I don’t mind added on time you know if they actually added on the right time.. Mason should have stopped his watch when Areola was time time wasting and when they were time wasting at the throw in. He doesn’t have to blow at 94. Shit officiating.

padzilla

Hipster
Injury time should have a separate clock that stops when the ball is out of play. Will never happen.