Inside Borussia Dortmund - Amazon Prime Mini-Series

edcunited1878

I haven't seen a thread on this (apologize if there is/was one - feel free to lock if that is the case), but wanted to bring this to light for all.

This four-part mini series goes inside the club during their 18/19 season. A lot of insight about Lucien Favre (manager) and the backroom staff, in addition you hear from a lot of their key stakeholders such as Watzke (CEO), Zorc (Sporting Director), Kehl (Player Development) and players - Burki, Witsel, Gotze, Reus, etc.

You learn a lot about the club, how they operate, their approach to matches, etc. They are one of the most innovative and well run clubs in the world now, for quite some time and it's very impressive considering the fact that they were hours away from insolvency not too long ago.

Worth your time to watch. I think the last episode comes out tomorrow. Would like some additional comments from people who follow Dortmund and overall thoughts if you have seen any of the episodes thus far.

Last edited:

Matt007a

I’ll give this a watch. As an outsider I’ve always been impressed with how they play and the way the club seems to be run. They’ve had some great young players there and always seem keen to give the kids a chance.

edcunited1878

I’ll give this a watch. As an outsider I’ve always been impressed with how they play and the way the club seems to be run. They’ve had some great young players there and always seem keen to give the kids a chance.
Playing young players is key to their success and sustainability, but they understand they need to be talented, be able to grow, be able to run and give them room to make mistakes.

Berbaclass

Fallen Muppet. Lest we never forget
What have you liked about the episodes or have learned about Dortmund that you didn't know before?
I don't really think anything in particular I just enjoy the behind the scenes type of show. Was interesting to see how Dortmund works.

Blackwidow

Ah - they had that idea to film this when they were ahead 9 points in the Championship. Probably wanted this to be a film about success...

Bubz27

No I won’t change your tag line
Does Sancho admit he wants to come to United?

AshRK

I really like such documentaries. Would definitely give it a watch