Interim manager discussion: Who replaces the interim interim manger (Carrick)?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Freak

Born a freak always a freak.
Fletcher should not be interim. I mean wtf is fletcher's role at the club anyway? He's supposed to be a technical director but you see him joining in trainings, now he's about to be named interim manager.

I would rather take Keano as interim over Fletcher. And I don't even want Keano.

FrenchRed

Tbh, this is more damning of the club owners and structure than anything else… they clearly had/have no plan at all.

To let Conte go to Spurs 2 weeks ago, without a plan in place for us is mind boggling. If they do get Zidane I think it’ll be a huge miss too - if he doesn’t want to come, let him there - I certainly don’t want him at the club.

We’ve hung ourselves out to dry by dithering and missed the boat. What a complete mess. Fletcher - someone without any managerial experience - in the dugout, good grief.

devilish

Juventus fan who used to support United
10 minutes coaching was enough for the man to land the role of technical director. 20 minutes as technical director might be enough for him to be our caretaker manager. If United draws against Chelsea with him as interim then they'll probably give him a 20 year contract.

sewey89

Incorrectly predicted the de Jong transfer 2022
Fletcher is 7/1 to be our next manager (10 games constitutes next manager in the betting). Surely that’s worth a punt with the reports?

minoo-utd

My biggest worry about Ole leaving is what the club will do next. The only thing for sure is that they have absolutely no idea what to do now.
This. It kills the relief of him being sacked and just gets finally what he deserves, on the other hand what this clueless board is going to make after will leave us in big worry.

Godfather

Good lord. He'll probably make McT captain as well.

No to him as an interim or any capacity at this club. Same goes for Carrick.

GioF

I would of loved someone like Arsene to have come in until the end of the year. Someone the players would respect, we’d be able to continue developing our youth, playing great football. He would also be at the age and time in his career where everyone would know he’s just here until May.

Probably concede loads of goals and obviously not winning any major titles but top 4 and an FA cup wouldn’t be that surprising. With Fletch in charge I can’t see us getting top 4 which means whatever coach comes in next year is already up against it not only in recruitment but that shitty Thursday night scheduling the Europa league loves.

Tony247

United has turned into manager training academy. "Come manage us. We provide the best experience. We let you learn on the job, and we pay you for it too!"

minoo-utd

This can be as bad as keeping Ole. Just don’t hire an ex player or anyone from Ole staff, Simple.

Turnip

likes to be spanked with games consoles
How can someone who's been here the whole time with no management experience change anything for the better? This is the most ridiculous decision I can think of, we'd have been better getting Giggs back. Honestly we may as well have kept Ole unless there's someone gonna be here in the next couple of weeks.

TheLord

I think every single player who has previously played for Manchester United should be automatically disqualified for any managerial role at the club. This obsession with the "United-DNA", "one of our own", and "Pep Guardiola-like" has to stop!

red4ever 79

No wonder Butt left. He could see right through all of this Mates FC. Darren Fletcher has no business managing Manchester Utd, caretaker, fairy godmother or othwerwise. Having the opportunity to manage one of the biggest football clubs in the world should be a hard earned privalege. Not something that is passed around like slabhead throwing the armband on the floor yesterday.

The way this club is run is an absolute disgrace. Ole, Phelen, Carrick, McKenna all of you get out. If we dont have anyone right now then let Neil Wood manage it until we have found someone. Someone who will bring their own coaching team and not be told, you have to retain Carrick, McKenna because of the Utd DNA. Feck the DNA, we want a fresh start without any bias.

Son

Tbh, this is more damning of the club owners and structure than anything else… they clearly had/have no plan at all.

To let Conte go to Spurs 2 weeks ago, without a plan in place for us is mind boggling. If they do get Zidane I think it’ll be a huge miss too - if he doesn’t want to come, let him there - I certainly don’t want him at the club.

We’ve hung ourselves out to dry by dithering and missed the boat. What a complete mess. Fletcher - someone without any managerial experience - in the dugout, good grief.
Fletcher as manager for even one game is a wtf moment at our club. Has the guy ever been a coach even? It’s crazy

Zidane as manager could honestly end similar to this with Ole. That is almost guaranteed to be a very expensive mistake ridden path for a year or two.

I don’t see how he turns us into title challengers or improves the culture when the dude doesn’t even speak English or care about English football.

Much like Mourinho in the hotel it will be weird. Everyone and his dog will know he wants the France job too which isn’t healthy.

Buster15

Go on Didier
Supports
Bristol Rovers
This can be as bad as keeping Ole. Just don’t hire an ex player or anyone from Ole staff, Simple.
My view entirely.
This should not be more jobs for the boys.
To succeed, we just have to appoint the most qualified and capable person. And how can that be Fletcher, or anyone else associated with this total shambles.

Desert Eagle

Punjabi Dude
He's not qualified for the job. How hard is this concept for people hiring and firing? Hire someone qualified you muppets

izec

He's not qualified for the job. How hard is this concept for people hiring and firing? Hire someone qualified you muppets
We secretly hope for that Ex United player to turn into Fergie. That is why we keep Carrick around and are giving it to Fletcher. Stability, comfort, lower risk, no trophies, but that is not a priority. The club is rotten.

Rams

aspiring to be like Ryan Giggs
He’s taking charge with Carrick for the Villarreal game on Tuesday, in 3 days time..

the real question should be why didn’t they sack him in the international break? No, they wait till we’re entering the busiest period of the year.

tayside red

I didn't see Gary Nev yesterday. Do you think he was online trying to get some fake badge ID, or was he giving Phil the shout there could be a job going in Manchester.
What a disaster this is, we're the biggest team in the World, acting like amateurs again.

Offloading the backroom is a no brainer, Carrick seems to be un sackable' what does he do?, if he's there as a possible manager of the future...why aren't they using him till the end of the season.
Time for a right royal clear out IMO.

We might be as well getting Bruce in to steady the ship, and get Poch, Simeone or Ten hag lined up for the summer.

We have some real good young players, lets get shot of the Matics, Mata's Jones's et al and start building for 2 or 3 years down the line, as were going nowhere fast atm.

RoadTrip

petitioned for a just cause
The overreaction to Fletcher is baffling. People need to relax.

If the board is that stupid that Fletcher is in serious contention for the job, and not just filling in for a game that is in 3 days time, then yeah it’s time for panic stations. But doesn’t appear like that’s the case.

Now, there is very much another discussion to be had (although linked) about how incompetent we are at these things. Never organised. Always reactionary. It’s a joke.

lemmiwink

Some of you are deluded. This is just an interim appointment, just relax.
I have stopped assuming they are competent at what they do. Hence I am scared of this appointment, and if it’s for more than say 2 games, I am genuinely worried they might roll with Carrick and Fletcher for the rest of the season. That would be worse than keeping Ole for the rest of the season.

The best solution here, if no other manager was found now, is to fire the backroom staff and let Ole sit until summer. New coaches would alone probably turn us into a top 4 side again.

RatPack

Nobody wants to manage these misfit players. Their performance yesterday and against city showed that Ole is not the only problem.

SER19

Can we please stop pretending fletcher will be our new manager even as a caretaker. He'll likely 'take the team' to Villareal and that's it.

Escobar

Shameless Musketeer
The overreaction to Fletcher is baffling. People need to relax.

If the board is that stupid that Fletcher is in serious contention for the job, and not just filling in for a game that is in 3 days time, then yeah it’s time for panic stations. But doesn’t appear like that’s the case.

Now, there is very much another discussion to be had (although linked) about how incompetent we are at these things. Never organised. Always reactionary. It’s a joke.
We are, once more, not prepared. We had 2 weeks without games but it seems like our board went on vacation insted of lioking for a solution. Incompetent

Judas

Open to offers
Didn't Spurs have Ryan Mason as an interim? It happens all the time. If he's still in charge in a few weeks, then fair enough shit mars bars, but right now its whinging for whinging sake.

Godfather

There's actually nothing I fear more now than this board taking the cheapest and easiest route by simply giving Fletch and/or Carrick the full time job. The thought alone

Isotope

Ten Years a Cafite
I know this would be a disaster if they become permanent. But don't you guys feel a bit excited to see how Fletcher and Carrick will be doing just in few games? They both had great understanding as players.

Status
Not open for further replies.