Interim managers?

macheda14

Ok it seems like a lot of the caf are united in believing the best possible (and realistic) permanent managers won’t be available until the summer, but Ole does need to go pronto.

We have threads on who we want as the next permanent manager with interim names being thrown about. But who is actually available and good enough.

Ragnick seems to be mentioned, but he reportedly rejected being interim for Chelsea last season.
Favre?
Blanc has been mentioned but seems to be a racist.
Could Allerdyce finally prove his Allerdicio theory right?
Could it be internal like Fletch?

(The only other thread I could find on this was made exactly a year ago which is quite funny, but if there are too many threads similar to this please delete mods)

croadyman

Ok it seems like a lot of the caf are united in believing the best possible (and realistic) permanent managers won’t be available until the summer, but Ole does need to go pronto.

We have threads on who we want as the next permanent manager with interim names being thrown about. But who is actually available and good enough.

Ragnick seems to be mentioned, but he reportedly rejected being interim for Chelsea last season.
Favre?
Blanc has been mentioned but seems to be a racist.
Could Allerdyce finally prove his Allerdicio theory right?
Could it be internal like Fletch?

(The only other thread I could find on this was made exactly a year ago which is quite funny, but if there are too many threads similar to this please delete mods)
Will be honest don't know much about Favre apart from him being linked to Newcastle job

macheda14

Will be honest don't know much about Favre apart from him being linked to Newcastle job
He was very good at Borussia Monchengladbach and Nice, but meh at Dortmund. Plays the kind of football that would hopefully lead into setting up the next manager well.

saivet

Valverde who was at Barca? Not sure if he even speaks English though

2 man midfield

Last Man Standing finalist 2021/22
The board stuck with Ole because they’re clinging to their outdated, United-way principles. If they’re to get an interim boss it’ll be someone who ticks that box, just like Ole did the last time we needed an interim boss. Or Giggs before that.

My guess is it’ll be another ex player or current staff member.

Sandikan

aka sex on the beach
Wenger is the enemy, can't fathom why anyone would want him.
Because fans are maniacs, with exceptionally short memories, and have forgotten he was utterly shot away by his last few years. And those few years were a few years back themselves now!

Adnan

Talent Spotter
He was very good at Borussia Monchengladbach and Nice, but meh at Dortmund. Plays the kind of football that would hopefully lead into setting up the next manager well.
Agree with this. Favre would be a good choice in preparation for ten Hag.

croadyman

The board stuck with Ole because they’re clinging to their outdated, United-way principles. If they’re to get an interim boss it’ll be someone who ticks that box, just like Ole did the last time we needed an interim boss. Or Giggs before that.

My guess is it’ll be another ex player or current staff member.
Could live with Laurent Blanc PROVIDED he doesn't get it permanently

2 man midfield

Last Man Standing finalist 2021/22
Could live with Laurent Blanc PROVIDED he doesn't get it permanently
It may have to be someone of slightly higher standing this time round, seeing as just putting Fletcher in charge wouldn’t really be any different in the eyes of the players. They’re not unhappy - they just want a good coach. Why would Ronaldo and co play any differently under him than for Ole?

I could see it being Blanc, and he might be open to a 6 month stint to get himself back in the European shop window. He does already have a job though, so whether the club would pay to release him from that just for 6 months...who knows?

Wilt

Dare I say Arsene Wenger for 6 months if he'd do it, probably get us playing some decent football
Yes Wenger.

He’d be my choice, clever man who knows what‘s required to win in the prem. Think he’d have the respect of the players.

And yes, he’d play some attractive football.

Don’t see it happening though :(

Last edited:

hungrywing

Aaah weird I searched for interim in the search function, but I guess caretaker/interim counts as one word and so it didn’t pick it up.
Damn. It's getting even more meta; that's exactly how the Glazers looked for new managers after the 0-5 game. "Joel, I looked for a newmanager, but nothing came up." "Oh well, that's that then. We tried."

Red_Heisenberg

Ragnick, Blanc or Wenger until the end of the season would be a massive improvement on ole and at least give us a chance of making top 4 and maybe the cup.

OleBoiii

Interim manager
A manager who has studied the art of rimming in Inter Milan.

laughtersassassin

No to a caretaker no matter who it is. Caretakers have a tendency to stick around, look at the last guy.
Well that's a stupid reason to keep Ole. This time you dint keep him. Simple as that

Our options are very limited. Keeping Ole for the season or longer being the worst of them

Swiss_Red89

I would love Lucien Favre as interim Manager. I think he would be able to play good football with this Team until the end of the season.

Will not happen though. Our board probably don't even know him.

croadyman

I would love Lucien Favre as interim Manager. I think he would be able to play good football with this Team until the end of the season.

Will not happen though. Our board probably don't even know him.
Yeah not averse to him

MUFC OK

Rangnick - unsure it would happen as he'd demand a DOF position thereafter, we'd effectively be handing him a huge amount of power for that 7 month stint.

Wenger - best squad he would have had since 2004 and I think he'd be out to prove a few people wrong.

AVB - an underrated manager in my opinion.

Gandalf

Well that's a stupid reason to keep Ole. This time you dint keep him. Simple as that

Our options are very limited. Keeping Ole for the season or longer being the worst of them
I don't think I said keep Ole, I said no to an interim/caretaker Manager. If Ole is to go, which he should, don't kick the can down the road but go and get the guy you want now. If the guy you want is not willing to come right now then he probably isn't the right choice anyway.

Devil may care

Seen on facebook or reddit Joachim Lowe was mentioned.
Just inagine him in the dugout running his hand along Ole and the lesser spotted Beek's seats, then sniffing the ass crack residue, just what we need, he'd dirty the tactics i-pad.

Agree with this. Favre would be a good choice in preparation for ten Hag.
Him or Ragnik would do for me until we can get Ten Hag.

DickDastardly

Remind me again, why the feck would someone turn down a chance to become a Manchester United manager in January?

We're talking here about the names being brought up the likes of Ten Hag, Potter, Zidane, etc, not Guardiola, Tuchel or Klopp.

Andersonson

Löw with Giggs as an assistant would be a nasty combo.

On a serious note, i wouldn't be opposed to giving it to Löw. He knows how to knit a group together.

If Wenger doesn't want it of course

Daengophile

I wouldn't have a problem with Wenger. He's another who could fill the role of director of football easily. He always had the ability to spot a talent early

At the moment we are not in a position to dictate

R'hllor

No to a caretaker no matter who it is. Caretakers have a tendency to stick around, look at the last guy.
Usually, if you have a plan to get a caretaker while looking for DoF and then make a call on a manager with that DoF after season ends, you do that, not give a permanent job to caretaker after 2-3 months.

Coops73

Interim manager
A manager who has studied the art of rimming in Inter Milan.
Which makes you wonder why one hasn’t been appointed, the Glazers love being rimmed, that’s why Woodward has been here so long?