International Friendlies May/June

m1y2

Belgium are majorly underperforming. Should be doing so much better. Wilmots is holding them back.

edit: lol
it's wilmots' last tournament, surely then they will find out he's shit of a manager, they would in the mix under any decent couch

Samid

He's no Bilal Ilyas Jhandir
Trailing against us should be a sackable offence for any manager never mind a manager who is 2nd on the FIFA rankings.

Snow

Somewhere down the lane, a licky boom boom down
Iceland - Liechteinstein is about to start. Lars' final game at home and probably Eiður Guðjohnsen's as well.

H. Halldórsson

B. Sævarsson - R. Sigurðsson - S. Ingason - A. Skúlason

J. Guðmundsson - A. Gunnarsson - G. Sigurðsson - A. Traustason

K. Sigþórsson - A. Finnbogason.

That's the starting lineup. Players in bold are players I've played against. Even at age 7 you'll pretty much stand out to make it this far.

Snow

Somewhere down the lane, a licky boom boom down
Guðjohnsen scores a goal, 17 years since his first NT goal (sorry for the shitty video).

Eila

Guðjohnsen scores a goal, 17 years since his first NT goal (sorry for the shitty video).

That's really cool. Rafa Marquez also scored yesterday, so that's two 37 year olds scoring in one day.

Sly

Hang Ten
Scout
Supports
Sporting Clube Portugal
Quaresma looks really sharp. It's perhaps his last time to shine for our national team in a major tournament (hasn't been called or rarely used in the previous tournaments). Apparently he is taking this chance very serious and professionally. Hope he has a good Euro. On form it's very difficult to stop him and we need the creativity up front to help Ronaldo.

chicha14

Quaresma looks really sharp. It's perhaps his last time to shine for our national team in a major tournament (hasn't been called or rarely used in the previous tournaments). Apparently he is taking this chance very serious and professionally. Hope he has a good Euro. On form it's very difficult to stop him and we need the creativity up front to help Ronaldo.
I really hope that is true, his attitude has always been his downfall. Complete waste of talent! As a life time Sporting fan, I always used to watch him and Ronaldo in their teens and always thought he was more talented, which may still be true but his discipline and attitude is on the opposite end of the spectrum compared to Ronaldo's!

Sly

Hang Ten
Scout
Supports
Sporting Clube Portugal
Has Portugal finally solved it's striker crisis? Amazed that nation hasn't turned out a class 9 in decades.
Nope. But André Silva from Porto looks like a very good prospect. The only one to be fair :lol:

Always Up

A goal and assist today will reinforce his dedication/confidence heading onto the Euro's. :)

Sly

Hang Ten
Scout
Supports
Sporting Clube Portugal
I really hope that is true, his attitude has always been his downfall. Complete waste of talent! As a life time Sporting fan, I always used to watch him and Ronaldo in their teens and always thought he was more talented, which may still be true but his discipline and attitude is on the opposite end of the spectrum compared to Ronaldo's!
You've said it all mate. Spot on assessment. From what i've been reading in the media, he has been working really hard to be on form. It's really his last chance. With so many quality options in the midfield and wings, i doubt he will be called to the next World Cup (if we qualify).

chicha14

Has Portugal finally solved it's striker crisis? Amazed that nation hasn't turned out a class 9 in decades.
If Ronaldo is playing there then it seems so but not a traditional CF!

By the way, have you never heard of Hugo Almeida? One of the very few players to be seen in the same light as Lord Bendtner!

Sly

Hang Ten
Scout
Supports
Sporting Clube Portugal
4-0 Danilo, another assist by Quaresma. With this match and the game against England, it's safe to say that Nani and William will be on the bench in the start of the Euro

Sly

Hang Ten
Scout
Supports
Sporting Clube Portugal
Ricardo Carvalho, Renato Sanches and freaking Éder about to enter. Ricardo Carvalho only 20 years older than Sanches :lol:

Sly

Hang Ten
Scout
Supports
Sporting Clube Portugal
5-0 by OG former United player

chicha14

You've said it all mate. Spot on assessment. From what i've been reading in the media, he has been working really hard to be on form. It's really his last chance. With so many quality options in the midfield and wings, i doubt he will be called to the next World Cup (if we qualify).
I am really glad to hear that, he has not been given many a chance on the international stage as you have mentioned, but I don't see why he could not be in the WC in 2 years time if he carries on playing at a good level and he keep up the professionalism.( He is having a very good game at the moment)

Sly

Hang Ten
Scout
Supports
Sporting Clube Portugal
6-0 Quaresma. Great work and assist by Renato Sanches

Sly

Hang Ten
Scout
Supports
Sporting Clube Portugal
7 th for Eder. That says it all i suppose