Internationals November (Euro Qualifiers)

Italy look pretty good, excellent officiating in that match.b

For the squad England have it's hilarious they've got a diddy like Southgate managing them.

Declan Rice is such a clogger. Great set of lungs but for 105m he’s a really limited footballer
United could do with lungs like that (combined with willingness to actually get on the ball or show for it, as opposed to what our more 'athletic' midfielders have done in recent years). Agree that England could do with a bit more nous in CM without having to rely on Foden (or Bellingham in other games) etc to always drop back in order to start any quick interplay and break teams' lines.

United could do with lungs like that (combined with willingness to actually get on the ball or show for it, as opposed to what our more 'athletic' midfielders have done in recent years). Agree that England could do with a bit more nous in CM without having to rely on Foden (or Bellingham in other games) etc to always drop back in order to start any quick interplay and break teams' lines.
United also need more nous in midfield.

One of the reasons every fanbase are experiencing mass hysteria over decisions is that VAR has completely changed the game when it comes to what is viewed as a penalty. Half the pens given these days wouldn't even get a second look pre VAR. I was perfectly comfortable with the understanding that what was viewed as a foul in the box was not the same as one outside the box, VAR takes that away.

I reckon we’d still have similar complaints about him: not great technically and doesn’t do much more than run a lot….which isn’t enough for the money

United also need more nous in midfield.
Yeah, but, honestly, he'd be an improvement in both regards if we're improving that ( sluggish, witless) engine room one player at a time: still, there are undoubtedly better options out there for less money tbh,...

This TAA as a centre mid stuff such a weird rehash of the Beckham to centre mid shouts from 20 years ago when the buzzword was “quarterback”, he’s obviously not got the game for it

One of the reasons every fanbase are experiencing mass hysteria over decisions is that VAR has completely changed the game when it comes to what is viewed as a penalty. Half the pens given these days wouldn't even get a second look pre VAR. I was perfectly comfortable with the understanding that what was viewed as a foul in the box was not the same as one outside the box, VAR takes that away.

Indeed.
So many decisions VAR make have not been made by the referee.
You are right. VAR is fundamentally changing the game. And in so many cases penalties are being given for things that are difficult to understand.

It’s a crying shame that we are never gonna see all of the attacking talent in this current England crop unleashed at any point because of this boring pragmatism.

We’ve got the players to play the balls out style of the best Liverpool teams of the last 5 years, which has been proven to be super effective in tournaments

Flying high/wide creative full backs…

rice = Fabinho…

a whole host of high pressing 8s in Bellingham, Foden, Maddison et Al

Loads of slightly inferior but still very decent Salah/mane equivalents to play as inside forwards…

Kane >>> firminho

I hear a lot a comments about what Pep could achieve with this squad… but it screams Klopp to me.

This TAA as a centre mid stuff such a weird rehash of the Beckham to centre mid shouts from 20 years ago when the buzzword was “quarterback”, he’s obviously not got the game for it
Beckham apparently played pretty well for RM at times as a CM. TAA is a strange one - great passing range, athletic, obviously pretty smart in certain ways (the oft publicized high-level chess playing) but doesn't seem to be able to make the same calculations when it comes to the bustle of midfield (short passes, positioning) as he does in terms of starting moves and visualizing plays from Right Back. I don't know if it's that he needs the extra second to decide where to play the pass, even if his decision-making skills are good, or that the 'picture' is different from centre rather than closer to the side of the pitch, or what....

Beckham apparently played pretty well for RM at times as a CM. TAA is a strange one - great passing range, athletic, obviously pretty smart in certain ways (the oft publicized high-level chess playing) but doesn't seem to be able to make the same calculations when it comes to the bustle of midfield (short passes, positioning) as he does in terms of starting moves and visualizing plays from Right Back. I don't know if it's that he needs the extra second to decide where to play the pass, even if his decision-making skills are good, or that the 'picture' is different from centre rather than closer to the side of the pitch, or what....

Despite his obvious limitations in defence, I can’t get my head around trying to turn one a the most dangerous crossers of the ball we have ever seen into a mediocre central midfielder.

Why would you remove his best weapon?..

That’s so weird. Ingerland game is on Channel 4 but they aren’t showing it in Ireland. Instead they’re broadcasting a blank screen saying “program not available in your area”. WTF? It’s not available on any other channel either. So why geo restrict it?

Trent Arnold is probably a better midfielder than he is a defender.

But he is not good enough in either position to change the way you play for.

Hes not Scholes and he never will be.

That’s so weird. Ingerland game is on Channel 4 but they aren’t showing it in Ireland. Instead they’re broadcasting a blank screen saying “program not available in your area”. WTF? It’s not available on any other channel either. So why geo restrict it?

They're being kind saving you lads from watching this shower of shite.

Dion Dublin calling England players by their first names really winds me up. They’re not your mates ffs

Grealish looked off. On replay he's clearly off.

Not sure why it takes so long.

For the squad England have it's hilarious they've got a diddy like Southgate managing them.
It's like having a 5 star meal but instead of it being served to you on a plate it's served to you on a toilet seat

Virgin Media 2