Internationals November (Nations League + Friendlies)

Samid

He's no Bilal Ilyas Jhandir
We enter a draw and will face either Norway, Serbia or Finland.

Not sure whether it’s two games or not. If we get to the final and win, we’re in the Euros!
It's not a draw. Assuming none of the four qualify automatically the ties are:

Scotland - Finland
Norway - Serbia

One-off semis with Scotland and Norway having home advantage. The winners face off in the final 3-4 days later (venue will be drawn in November 2019).

Hopefully Serbia qualify automatically so that they get replaced by Bulgaria.

Kostur

海尔的老板
I thought he was supposed to be amazing for Napoli. Watched a game of theirs last season and in first 10 minutes he scored and also hit a perfect through ball for Mertens to finish off, think it was v Milan.
He'll do that every 10 games and people will wank off at it. He's ineffective the rest 9 out of 10.

Hands off Smuda. Produced the most exciting Polish team club football in Poland has seen in the last 25 years or so:drool: BTW why do you say so just after a commanding away performance?
Because that's what we trully are and Brzęczek is. We're 11 against 10 for good 30 minutes of the game, playing better than Portugal ever since they scored and he won't even bring Piątek, who's been off-form but so has been Milik, to give ourselves a chance, instead he'll keep useless Zieliński. Reluctance to do changes was what typified Smuda. And that's just for the starters, overall Brzęczek is not good enough and we're about to see a pretty huge decline of our NT, which won't be solely on him. I'm starting to believe that Nawałka was not all that either, just sort of lucky to have all the core players of our NT (Fabiański whom he overlooked for cuntsny, Piszczek, Kuba, Lewy, Krychowiak, even meme players like Mączyński, Pazdan or Jędzejczyk) in forms of their lifes. Once their forms dropped off (Piszczek who later retired, Kuba, Lewandowski too, steep fall from grace from Krychowiak, Jędza, Pazdan and Mączyński), we've witnessed our true face at the WC.

El-Buitre

Supports
Real Madrid
Neymar and Mbappe both injured :eek:

PSG going to the Europa League would be hilarious and probably deserved too given the group performances so far.
Hopefully they will so we can get Neymar :D

Tomuś

Nani is crap, I tell you!
He'll do that every 10 games and people will wank off at it. He's ineffective the rest 9 out of 10.

Because that's what we trully are and Brzęczek is. We're 11 against 10 for good 30 minutes of the game, playing better than Portugal ever since they scored and he won't even bring Piątek, who's been off-form but so has been Milik, to give ourselves a chance, instead he'll keep useless Zieliński. Reluctance to do changes was what typified Smuda. And that's just for the starters, overall Brzęczek is not good enough and we're about to see a pretty huge decline of our NT, which won't be solely on him. I'm starting to believe that Nawałka was not all that either, just sort of lucky to have all the core players of our NT (Fabiański whom he overlooked for cuntsny, Piszczek, Kuba, Lewy, Krychowiak, even meme players like Mączyński, Pazdan or Jędzejczyk) in forms of their lifes. Once their forms dropped off (Piszczek who later retired, Kuba, Lewandowski too, steep fall from grace from Krychowiak, Jędza, Pazdan and Mączyński), we've witnessed our true face at the WC.
I'm not saying Brzęczek is the right guy but it's just like the moment for criticism seems weird. Mixed feelings about him. He can go and outplay Italy and Portugal away only to play like bunch of drunk university graduates against the very same teams at home and deservedly lose. And yes, he's terribly unlucky to come at this point in time. Every NT has experienced teething problems during generation overhaul somewhere in time so this is far from strange. Like any manager, he deserves a bit of time because one thing you know is he's got the hunger. Would give him this qualification period, if he fails - good riddance. For now I'll wait because some of the football he produces is way more exciting and unpredictable than Nawałka's.

Member 93275

Ehm Portugal vs Poland 1-1, so Germany in Pot 2 for the qualifiers, am I correct?

Member 93275

Haha this is so weird. We were shit the past couple of years, and now we kept France out of the NL finals while relegating Germany. And with Poland, relegating them to Pot 2. Weird feelings of football. Sorry Germans, nothing personal. I know this is about nothing yet and you have all those world cups to flaunt at us.

JPRouve

can't stop thinking about balls - NOT deflategate
Scout
Haha this is so weird. We were shit the past couple of years, and now we kept France out of the NL finals while relegating Germany. And with Poland, relegating them to Pot 2. Weird feelings of football. Sorry Germans, nothing personal. I know this is about nothing yet and you have all those world cups to flaunt at us.
I have always been supportive of NL, so I'm happy to see the team genuinely improve. It's also a good thing that France didn't qualify after the terrible attitude demonstrated in Rotterdam, hopefully it was a wake up call for some players and the manager.

cyberman

It's about influence on a team. Varane is not even top 5 in that ranking at Madrid (or hasn't been in their glory period).
Yet he's in the top 3 Balon Dor finalists. Shouldn't that tell us something?
You already said VVD is a better defender so why isn't he ahead of Varane in the running this year?
Why would next year or the year after be any different?
Varane isn't losing to Messi or Ronaldo Here, its Modric (and I'm a fan of Modric)

ShadesOfTomato

Supports
Liverpool
Yet he's in the top 3 Balon Dor finalists. Shouldn't that tell us something?
You already said VVD is a better defender so why isn't he ahead of Varane in the running this year?
Why would next year or the year after be any different?
Varane isn't losing to Messi or Ronaldo Here, its Modric (and I'm a fan of Modric)
It tells us that you can be in the top 3 without necessarily being the most influential player in your team. It also tells us it's very possible for defenders to break into that group of contenders. Varana isn't losing to Messi or Ronaldo, but simply another player on his team who was more influential in their side's recent success.

If Liverpool win the CL/PL in the next year or two, there's no reason for VVD to not break into contention for such awards. Especially as unlike most defenders, he is probably the best footballer in that Liverpool team.

Anyway, it's a hypothesis and not a prediction.

africanspur

Supports
Tottenham Hotspur
I don't think I have ever seen any fans talk about any defender as some Liverpool fans talk about VVD. It is genuinely incredible.

As for Varane, he's probably up there because he won the two largest trophies in world football last season and I imagine there was a bit of Messi/Ronaldo fatigue.

Quite what that has to do with VVD I don't know.

Beckenbauer won it, having won the league and Euros. Sammer won the bundesliga and Euros (and would go on to win the CL the following season). Cannavaro won the world cup (and was in the process of winning la liga with Real). Had also won Serie A with Juve (which was then taken away).

They are the 4 defenders who have won it....

carvajal

Supports
Real Madrid
Did Hermoso have a good game at the back? He's one I hadn't heard of as I don't tend to watch Espanyol but they are having a really good season so far.
I did not pay much attention to the defense, but in any case it was not the best match to see him.
I have hardly seen Espanyol, but they say that he has progressed a lot.
For 7 million I would bring him back.

SCP

Supports
Sporting Clube Portugal
Another poor performance vs Poland. Only excuses are the red card and the mixed 11. Entirely dismisses the lunatics in Portugal who think this team plays better without Cristiano on the team.

Deawin

Lindelof was great for Sweden yesterday, the goal was just icing in the cake.
His interceptions and involment in the build up play was great, wish he would play with the same
obvious confidence and authority for us.
Cause it was a step above his current run of good games for us.

roonster09

Hercule Poirot of the scouting world
Scout
It's about influence on a team. Varane is not even top 5 in that ranking at Madrid (or hasn't been in their glory period).
Who do you think had more influence in that Madrid and French team than Varane? I mean you said Top 5, so list should be interesting.

Demyanenko_square_jaw

Terrible performance by Russia against Sweden, Completely outplayed. With a number of players out injured, i expected Sweden to get at least a draw, but this was as lifeless and sluggish a performance as i've seen this decade and that's sayig something. Cherchesov's inept substitions just made entirely sure there was no chance of coming back from 1-0.

ShadesOfTomato

Supports
Liverpool
qWho do you think had more influence in that Madrid and French team than Varane? I mean you said Top 5, so list should be interesting.
In Madrid's recent success? Ronaldo, Bale, Modric, Kroos are clearly ahead of the rest. The fifth you could argue the case for a few.

roonster09

Hercule Poirot of the scouting world
Scout
In Madrid's recent success? Ronaldo, Bale, Modric, Kroos are clearly ahead of the rest. The fifth you could argue the case for a few.
Last season Bale didn't even start a single knock out game last season and season before that he started in only 2 KO games, that was round of 16 second leg and quarter finals first leg, how is he ahead of Varane? It's like saying Gotze was ahead of Neuer, Schweinsteiger and bunch of other great players because Gotze scored in finals. Also no even Kroos wasn't.

Funny you missed Ramos from the list.

Btw who were more influential in French world cup win? There aren't 5 players with more influence in Madrid and France success. VVD having more influence than Varane doesn't mean anything considering how good Madrid team is.

giorno

boob novice
Supports
Real Madrid
For us the most influential players were Cris, Sergio, Marcelo, Modric, Benzema, in this order. The best players were Marcelo, Cris, Kroos, Asensio, Sergio, in this order

Amar__

Geriatric lover and empath
Supports
MK Dons
For us the most influential players were Cris, Sergio, Marcelo, Modric, Benzema, in this order. The best players were Marcelo, Cris, Kroos, Asensio, Sergio, in this order
Asensio played about 4 games in cl last season, wtf?

Peyroteo

Professional Ronaldo PR Guy
Supports
Sporting CP
List only even begins to make sense if you're talking about just last year's CL. But then again, Ramos behind Asensio or Kroos? Last year was Ramos' best ever CL season, he was superb.

The four key players in Madrid's success in the past 3 years were Ronaldo, Modric, Ramos and Marcelo. In that order, everyone else is a mile behind.

Amar__

Geriatric lover and empath
Supports
MK Dons
All season, not just CL. And he was a game breaker in CL. Just ask PSG or Bayern
Not even close to your best player, that's just ridiculous. One goal and assist against PSG and Bayern really cannot change that.

giorno

boob novice
Supports
Real Madrid
List only even begins to make sense if you're talking about just last year's CL. But then again, Ramos behind Asensio or Kroos? Last year was Ramos' best ever CL season, he was superb.

The four key players in Madrid's success in the past 3 years were Ronaldo, Modric, Ramos and Marcelo. In that order, everyone else is a mile behind.
No i'm talking only about last season as a whole. I dunno, honestly i went off the top of my head. I think beyond Cristiano and Marcelo, no one else was great. And i have a few reservations even about them. They were bad like everyone else at the wrong time and it cost us the league in December...objectively speaking, Cristiano and Marcelo were truly great in 2018, too bad the league meant nothing anymore by that point. CL makes up for it for them i guess, not so sure about Sergio.

Dunno why i mentioned kroos tbh though :lol:

giorno

boob novice
Supports
Real Madrid
Not even close to your best player, that's just ridiculous. One goal and assist against PSG and Bayern really cannot change that.
He wasn't even close to being our best player in fact. Cris and Marcelo were our best players. Asensio was still one of the best. At least more consistent and with a bigger impact than most others.

But i forgot Isco. Isco deserves to be in the top 5 probably