Internationals September (Euro Qualifiers)

ErikElevenHag

Souness saying pre match this was the best scotland team in ages. More evidence, if any was needed, that the bloke talks out his arse.
He's hardly wrong is he, they qualified for the last euros and are on the brink again with a 100% record. They went 18 years without being at a major tournament prior to that.

This also happens to be the best england side in ages, getting hammered off us is hardly embarrassing in the last 6 years.

Annihilate Now!

...or later, I'm not fussy
Scout
I thought were were really good here - played with purpose, passing was really sharp and just looked a level above.

Camy89

Love Island obsessive
Sounness - ‘I know it’s a friendly, but when I see people picking each other up off the ground, mmm, sorry, shouldn’t be happening’

Shut. Up. You miserable fecking bastard. My god man, change the record.

InspiRED

Supports
Outraged snowflakes
I still want to know why he subbed Maguire on, just wrf goes on in his head? How can you have any faith that a tournament will go well with the man who does this and also recalls Henderson from Saudi Arabia for some legs in midfield and his tribal leadership qualities.

Bobski

Souness saying pre match this was the best scotland team in ages. More evidence, if any was needed, that the bloke talks out his arse.
It is the best Scotland team in ages, but the gulf in talent is still huge. England have a top 5 squad in the international game, if they sort a long term partner for Stones and for Rice they should be winning tournaments.

TheGame

Look at the money spent on English players and the resources compared to Scotland. Scotland on top of a group with Spain and Norway so probably their best side in a while compared to previous but it’s difficult for them to compete with England.

GhastlyHun

Supports
Bayern München
Sané first finishes the game off, then unfinishes it by gifting France a pen. :houllier:

A nugget from the commentators just now: in Germany's last home win against France, the goals were scored by Völler (2) and Cantona (1).

hasanejaz88

Supports
Germany
Bloody hell that was an impressive performance all round. Seems like there was a mental block within the team with Flick.

Henrichs was really impressive at left back, Can had energy in the middle. Hell, even Havertz looked good when he came on.

Plastic Evra

Griezmann, on top of being now 4th tied with Henry for apps, scored 1 goal to bring his NT total to 44 (unless I'm mistaken), still third overall. Though Mbappé will probably overtake soon enough.

MasterDarcy

From what I’ve seen tonight McGregor and Gilmour wouldn’t get in any England midfield.

Seniors, U21s or Lionesses.
Are you sure? McGregor completed 51 out of 53 passes.

Him and Hickey were the only two Scotland players who turned up.

Tonight was a dreadful performance by Scotland. Absolutely mediocre.

The performance against Spain and tonight was night and day.

1 defeat and 11 wins out of 12 is great. I'm just glad the 1 was a friendly.

We have one foot in the European Championships. That's good enough for me.

Fair play, though, England were by far the better team and deserved the win. We offered zero.

giggs-beckham

Clueless
It is the best Scotland team in ages, but the gulf in talent is still huge. England have a top 5 squad in the international game, if they sort a long term partner for Stones and for Rice they should be winning tournaments.
Is there a better international squad in world football?

always_hoping

Scotland zero shots on target in that game yet score a goal, Harry Maguire some man for one man.

ErikElevenHag

Is there a better international squad in world football?
Id find it hard to disagree if we're talking about the squad as a whole.

Still think starting XI is a couple short. Need a CM partner, for rice, who is playing every week at club level and we also need to unearth a top level cb.

Matt851

Still think starting XI is a couple short. Need a CM partner, for rice, who is playing every week at club level and we also need to unearth a top level cb.
Surely jwp should have been given a go over these two games. Been in good form for West ham and always gives amazing set oiece deliveries

giggs-beckham

Clueless

To be better than who's 1st 11? Not doubting just wondering

MasterDarcy

The bloke does talk nonsense, usually racially motivated. Like a broken clock, he's right about this Scotland team.
What, just because he thought Pogba was a parasitic dick?

I'm a Manchester United fan who thinks Pogba is a parasitic dick. Does that make me racist?

Souness was one of the first players who spoke up about racism and homophobia in football, so accusing him of being a racist is ignorant.