Interstellar | SPOILERS! | Keep out unless you've seen it

okLaptop1

Supports
Minnesota Vikings
This film comes out in a month, and I'm pretty pumped for it, feels like it's going to be epic.

Here's the theatrical poster:

The latest trailer:

I know you film buffs on the caf aren't big fans of him, but I feel that when he's at his best (Memento, The Prestige, The Dark Knight), he creates brilliant films right. This looks to be one of them.

Cina

he's very hit and miss, but what I will say is that even when he makes a shit film he still manages to make it look good while you're watching it. It's only after I got out of the cinema after TKDR and Inception that I went "hang on, what the feck, that was a big old load of nonsense!"

Saying that, I've a massive interest in astronomy and all that so if this is actually a film in that vein and not a big clusterfeck of senseless plot strands and twists like we usually see from him these days, then it should be good.

Nikhil

I can't wait to watch this. I haven't seen a single trailer since trailers reveal too much. The first time to see anything to do with the movie is when you actually watch it imo. The posters for Interstellar look good though.

Nolan always gets his casting spot on. McConaughey is very lucky to be playing the lead in a big movie such as this.

kps88

I only saw the first trailer and it gave nothing away to be fair. There's over an hour of footage shot using Imax cameras :drool:

Hal9000

I can't wait to watch this. I haven't seen a single trailer since trailers reveal too much. The first time to see anything to do with the movie is when you actually watch it imo. The posters for Interstellar look good though.

Nolan always gets his casting spot on. McConaughey is very lucky to be playing the lead in a big movie such as this.
Not lucky, he's always been a great actor if you look at his earlier roles. He just went through a decade of letting himself be typecast in complete bollocks romantic comedies. He's been fantastic in everything he's been in since from Lincoln Lawyer on wards. He deserves it, because he's probably been the best actor in Hollywood since 2011.

Ish

Lights on for Luke
Not lucky, he's always been a great actor if you look at his earlier roles. He just went through a decade of letting himself be typecast in complete bollocks romantic comedies. He's been fantastic in everything he's been in since from Lincoln Lawyer on wards. He deserves it, because he's probably been the best actor in Hollywood since 2011.
Yeah that's a weird thing to say about MM. He's a definite A-lister and a bona-fide superstar. Especially in True Detective :drool:

Hal9000

Yeah that's a weird thing to say about MM. He's a definite A-lister and a bona-fide superstar. Especially in True Detective :drool:
I would say he's less famous than he was in the 00's when all he was really doing was crappy Rom Com's and other shitty easy roles that just played on his looks. But he's completely reinvented himself now, picked better films, more complex roles and nailed everyone of them to be fair... even Magic Mike should of got him at least an Oscar nomination and scene stole of DiCaprio in his small role in Wolf Of Wall Street. So yeah the last 4 years has got him this.

Ish

Lights on for Luke
I would say he's less famous than he was in the 00's when all he was really doing was crappy Rom Com's and other shitty easy roles that just played on his looks. But he's completely reinvented himself now, picked better films, more complex roles and nailed everyone of them to be fair... even Magic Mike should of got him at least an Oscar nomination and scene stole of DiCaprio in his small role in Wolf Of Wall Street. So yeah the last 4 years has got him this.
Yep, more famous is essentially having more teeny girls crushes, gushing over him for his roles in romcoms like Sahara, How to lose a guy.....etc.

But yeah, he's definitely gone up a few notches, though i'd argue he's as famous as his ever been at this moment, if not more so.

Nikhil

Yeah he really made some bad career choices by choosing to be in average movies and risking being typecast as a playboy etc. He's made good choices now. He had a great cameo in The Wolf of Wall Street. Haven't watched True Detective, should get down to it soon.

Castia

He's arguably one of the best actors around at the moment and I think this film will boost that even further.

Dirty Schwein

Has a 'Best of Britney Spears' album
Supports
Luton Town
MM has always been a good actor but as many have said, he made poor choices. Even during that 'poor' period he showed class with films like Frailty, 2 For The Money and A Time To Kill. I guess he did the opposite of most actors. He got his big easy paychecks early and now is making 'proper' films whereas many actors start off great then just bum around for the money e.g. Christian Slater or Samuel L. Jackson.

Rooney in Paris

Gerrard shirt..Anfield? You'll Never Live it Down
Scout
His career ain't over yet, he might go back to doing shit stuff in a few years!

Two for the money was shit though. His best role since Lincoln Lawyer has been in Killer Joe for me. Excellent in that.

marukomu

The Gatekeeper
When they put stuff that the director did previously on the poster I always think the film is not so good and needs a boost.

Vato

Watches other men wank.Supports Real.Coincidence?
Supports
Real Madrid
Yeah he really made some bad career choices by choosing to be in average movies and risking being typecast as a playboy etc. He's made good choices now. He had a great cameo in The Wolf of Wall Street. Haven't watched True Detective, should get down to it soon.
For me that's his best ever performance. He's fantastic in this.

Interstellar is the film I'm most looking forward to.

Hal9000

When they put stuff that the director did previously on the poster I always think the film is not so good and needs a boost.
Probably to stop people walking into this film not realising it's the guy who has done Inception and Memento and not expecting a mindfeck.

Archie Leach

Gooner
Supports
Arsenal
The box office draw McConaughey got from the rom-coms allowed him to be adventurous in his late career and front difficult films. Without them he'd be a bald character actor typecast as a redneck.

Leg-End

I'll probably make an extra effort to go see this in the first week. Nolan, Space and MM has the potential for greatness and the thought of trying to avoid spoilers for a couple of weeks ain't good.

I can't remember which one but one of the movie journalists was told by directors/producers that got an early screening that this is "Nolan's best film".

Rooney in Paris

Scout
Why not?! I can't get enough of some good Sci-fi and I think this will be awesome.

There's a serious lack of good science fiction films coming out lately.
I was just kidding, I'm looking forward to it big time.

This year, I enjoyed Guardians of the Galaxy and Edge of Tomorrow and there were a few last year, but yeah it's a genre that's difficult to get right. I'm pretty sure Nolan's film is going to be excellent.

Vato

Watches other men wank.Supports Real.Coincidence?
Supports
Real Madrid

This year, I enjoyed Guardians of the Galaxy and Edge of Tomorrow and there were a few last year, but yeah it's a genre that's difficult to get right. I'm pretty sure Nolan's film is going to be excellent.
Have this on my 'watch list' due to all the great reviews. Would have never thought of seeing it by the trailer alone. Edge of tomorrow was decent indeed, I expected it to be better though. My high expectations of Interstellar are probably going to cause the same, hope I'm wrong.

Rooney in Paris

Scout
Have this on my 'watch list' due to all the great reviews. Would have never thought of seeing it by the trailer alone. Edge of tomorrow was decent indeed, I expected it to be better though. My high expectations of Interstellar are probably going to cause the same, hope I'm wrong.
It's not really pure sci-fi like Gravity, Sunshine, Edge, etc., more of a space opera like Star Wars. Though maybe I'm just letting the tone of the film (quite funny and light) make me overanalyse it.

Cina

until you walk out of the cinema and realize it made absolutely no sense and the whole thing was a messy pile of nonsense.

Nolan has an amazing ability to make films seems great while you're watching them despite them being rubbish.

Rooney in Paris

Scout
until you walk out of the cinema and realize it made absolutely no sense and the whole thing was a messy pile of nonsense.

Nolan has an amazing ability to make films seems great while you're watching them despite them being rubbish.
I've seen you say that about his films before, don't agree with that, at all.

Also a sci-fi film is bound to require at least some suspension of disbelief from the viewer.

Cina

I've seen you say that about his films before, don't agree with that, at all.

Also a sci-fi film is bound to require at least some suspension of disbelief from the viewer.
TKDR is dire, dire, dire, diiire! Awful plot, impossible situations and plotholes galore. Ridiculous from start to finish yet somehow when you're watching it you're just enjoying the tension and prettiness of the whole thing.

I'm a Nolan fan, but his last two films were disappointing. I hope this will be better because I love the subject matter at hand.

Rooney in Paris

Scout
While I can understand being disappointed at TDKR after the previous one set the bar so high, I think Inception gets a lot of unwarranted shit because it was so widely popular.

Silva

I don't think that's true. The Godfather's pretty damn popular but you won't find many people saying it's shit. Inception, on the other hand, was a bit silly.

Cina

I don't think that's true. The Godfather's pretty damn popular but you won't find many people saying it's shit. Inception, on the other hand, was a bit silly.
Yeah, hell just look at Guardians of the Galaxy as a recent example of a film everyone seems to love.

The difference for me between Inception and GotG is that GotG knows that it's silly fun popcorn and plays off it to deliver a really enjoyable film, whereas Inception tries to come across as being incredibly smart and thrilling despite actually being really fecking silly and outlandish itself.

Mrs Smoker

Supports
Panthère du Ndé
What's this movie about anyway?

Resources gone from Earth, more and more natural disasters happening, so, looking for habitable planet via wormholes? Cool. Could do without Earth drama though.

NoWinNoFee

kietotheworld mk2
Looking forward to this but can't help but think if this was 'somehow' reality. What right would we humans have to look for a planet and claim it as our own because ours is dying, especially if life is already on that planet or has a chance in happening.

There's been many films about alien invaders invading the Earth for similar reasons but I'm sure the theme is going to be a little different, you know nice music in the background when the American flag goes in on a alien world to claim it our own and everything ends in smiles for the human race successfully finding a new home.