Interstellar | SPOILERS! | Keep out unless you've seen it

thelemon

Especially when the things folks on the internet bring up as impossible have actually been worked out to be possible by a world-renown theoretical physicist. But hey, when's the internet ever wrong about something.
Exactly! I don't know how possible it all is, but my dad did physics at uni and he actually complimented that side of things. And that's enough for me.

Attila

Supports
Trad Bricks
Well said, man. Couldn't agree more.

Endlessly looking for plotholes is so unbelievably tiresome. I swear these guys must watch a film with a notepad thinking they're Colombo.

Grab some popcorn and try to relax for a second ffs. It's supposed to be entertainment, not a quiz.
If you were referring to me in that...I was just trying to defend some of the criticisms of the film :D I really loved it on my first viewing and didn't notice any of the plotholes other people picked up.

Vato

Watches other men wank.Supports Real.Coincidence?
Supports
Real Madrid
If you were referring to me in that...I was just trying to defend some of the criticisms of the film :D I really loved it on my first viewing and didn't notice any of the plotholes other people picked up.
Nah, wasn't aimed at you.

Attila

Supports
Trad Bricks
:lol: It wasn't me. It was an old friend of mine.
Sorry. I think I read that post before I had even signed up for Red Cafe...it managed to stick in my mind for this long :lol: legendary post

Berbaclass

Fallen Muppet. Lest we never forget
It has it's detractors but for me personally it was wonderful. It just struck a chord/hit an emotion nerve with me which made it more special.

It does have its flaws but I've not experienced anything like it. especially in IMAX. That was just magnificent.

Raees

Pythagoras in Boots
Right bit late to the party but took the plunge and saw this today. Made me feel strangely emotional, I felt moved by the film and yet for quite a long part of the film I found myself frustrated at the pacing of the film, the science of the film and Anne Hathaway who I hate having to look at. Yet overall, the feeling I got from the film was a positive one.
Strange head feck of a film for me, 8/10.

Sigma

Right bit late to the party but took the plunge and saw this today. Made me feel strangely emotional, I felt moved by the film and yet for quite a long part of the film I found myself frustrated at the pacing of the film, the science of the film and Anne Hathaway who I hate having to look at. Yet overall, the feeling I got from the film was a positive one.
Strange head feck of a film for me, 8/10.
Good movie, some of it doesn't make sense, but its a blockbuster, and has a very emotional central relationship between father and daughter that might get you a bit teary eyed. Also, it looks beautiful and the music is fantastic.

Nolan does clever blockbusters well, Inception, Interstellar, The Dark Knight Trilogy. Great director.

Parma Dewol

Rewatched this now that I have a young daughter. Was completely unprepared for the way it would hit me.

Used to think the docking scene was about as intense as cinema could get, I was wrong. The end scene had me sobbing. Haven’t cried like that in a long time, and probably won’t again until 18:30 tomorrow.

• Murph: [as Cooper holds his now elderly daughter's hands] Nobody believed me, but I knew you'd come back.
  • Cooper: How?
  • Murph: ...Because my dad promised me.

Wing Attack Plan R

Rewatched this now that I have a young daughter. Was completely unprepared for the way it would hit me.

Used to think the docking scene was about as intense as cinema could get, I was wrong. The end scene had me sobbing. Haven’t cried like that in a long time, and probably won’t again until 18:30 tomorrow.

• Murph: [as Cooper holds his now elderly daughter's hands] Nobody believed me, but I knew you'd come back.
Same!

Salt Bailly

Auburn, not Ginger.

Can't pick between this and Avatar for the ultimate IMAX experience.

Jim Beam

Gets aroused by men in low socks

Yep. I do rate some other Nolan movies more (Memento, The Prestige), but Interstellar is the one who emotionally easily gets the most out of me. One of the most beutiful (and quite imaginative) portrays of father - daughter connection.

Superunknown

Personally it's my favourite Nolan film. Really would love to watch it in the cinema. I missed it when it was released.
I IMAXed it with a friend on release and I thought it was visually great, but that it was just a 'good' film compared to Nolan's other films. There were lots of parts I liked, but the ending didn't hit the first time around. My mate was quite annoyed with the ending and openly sighed in the cinema during
that whole bookcase sequence at the end.
:lol: He really didn't like that and isn't one to hold back on his opinions. I just nodded and smiled at the time.

On my second viewing at home (blu-ray) I thought it was excellent. Every viewing afterwards has further cemented that. It's now one of my all-time favourite films. It's a classic film that I hold in the same regard as films like E.T. and Close Encounters. It's got the same magic and awe and wonder, imo.

Volumiza

The alright "V", B-Boy cypher cat

Agreed. The whole scene where he's made his decision and is trying to say goodbye to Murph broke me in the cinema. I actually found a very good connection with Cooper in the film which made the emotion easy to hook into.

Behind the right goal post as "Whiteside shoots!"
Thought it was very good first time, watched it 5 or 6 times since and one now of my favourites … still a great watch even though I know the plot twists, especially the main one.

Visually superb (needs a big screen), very good cast, good plot (patient, couple of major twists I didn’t see) and made me want to watch again….. after I’d gone away and googled ’explain Interstellar‘ to try and get my head around what had happened. Took a few attempts if I’m being honest because I’m absolutely sh!t at physics/theory stuff and my brain sulks and says “no, don’t like it, not listening, nah nah nah”.

I’m normally quite quick on likely twists but this and Arrival got me. Still remember my mate after Arrival saying “so you get xxxxxxxx?” and me going “ohhhhh, get it now”. Looks like I have a blind spot.

8.5/10

@Dirty Schwein … nine years on, like it any better? :)