IPL 2022

Who will this edition?

• Total voters

zing

Zingle balls
CSK got no chance of winning it. Won't be top 4 I think.

MDFC Manager

RCB rolling back to the glory days of Dravid, Wasim Jaffer, Misbah...

5 boundaries in the first 10 overs

Last edited:

kthanksbye

Should be fun this season, almost all teams have holes in them, some of the uncapped players will have to step up.
Lucknow squad looks the most complete, the rest of them depend heavily on a few players.

kthanksbye

FFS. Just looking at that it doesn’t half drag on!

Not sure it needed the expansion, or if it did - needed to find a way to shorten the format or something.
The number of matches each team is playing is still the same, 14 (very complicated format)
It's going to be different from next season onward.

Ayush_reddevil

Éire Abú
The number of matches each team is playing is still the same, 14 (very complicated format)
It's going to be different from next season onward.
Even with all the teams still playing 14 matches each it’s still 70 matches rather than 56 in the league stage which is basically a 25% increase. Madness really

kthanksbye

Even with all the teams still playing 14 matches each it’s still 70 matches rather than 56 in the league stage which is basically a 25% increase. Madness really
Oh yeah, that's right. I think one match each against each other and maybe a play off for the 3rd and the 4th spot (between places 3-6) would've made more sense.

I'm sure it's going to be longer next year. There's more money to be made.

Ayush_reddevil

Éire Abú
I think it’s very smart business from the BCCI because cricket just sells in India. The sponsorship rights aren’t sold per match but as a whole so obviously they will make a whole lot more and it doesn’t matter to them if the ratings dip for a few weeks in between

AshRK

Should be fun this season, almost all teams have holes in them, some of the uncapped players will have to step up.
Lucknow squad looks the most complete, the rest of them depend heavily on a few players.
Problem with Lucknow is their average captain. Rahul as a captain so far looks an ordinary one. Also feel losing Mark Wood is a blow for them.

kthanksbye

Problem with Lucknow is their average captain. Rahul as a captain so far looks an ordinary one. Also feel losing Mark Wood is a blow for them.
Yeah, never liked him as a captain, especially his body language, it just seems negative and demoralizing for the players.
That's right, Wood is a big blow. Guess that puts them level with the rest of the teams.

zing

Zingle balls
Rajasthan look stacked.. great bowling

Rajasthan v Punjab final

Interval

Level
While I’ll obviously support mumbai and think they can be a great team if they bothered, I don’t think they’ll bother too much this time. It’s a season to bed everyone in, make a few trades for next season and get Archer up and running.

In the absence of MI winning my perf is for nice guys to win. Delhi (coz Pant is a great guy) or RCB (think Virat needs a feck you right now). KKR though I hate has some nice players like Iyer. CSK titans ans SRH are meh. The others just make the numbers up.

AshRK

Srh deserve to finish last for the very fact that they let go of Rashid Khan.

kthanksbye

Srh deserve to finish last for the very fact that they let go of Rashid Khan.
Also because they switched to a more red jersey from orange.

They had to pick one between Kane and Rashid, they thought a captain is more important than the best T20 spin bowler in the world, and as much as I love Kane, that was a bad decision the moment they made it, let alone hindsight.

crappycraperson

"Resident cricket authority"
Scout
Rajasthan look stacked.. great bowling

Rajasthan v Punjab final
Rajasthan don't have a death overs bowler. It ll hurt them in a lot of games.
If Rabada and one of Bairstow/ Livingstone comes good for Punjab, they should be in finals at least.

crappycraperson

"Resident cricket authority"
Scout
Still think MI are favs. Their bowling is definitely weaker but batting wise they still have a very solid order with added luxury of someone like Tim David. They still have the most match winners in their line up.

FlawlessThaw

most 'know it all' poster
They had to pick one between Kane and Rashid, they thought a captain is more important than the best T20 spin bowler in the world, and as much as I love Kane, that was a bad decision the moment they made it, let alone hindsight.
Picking Kane over Rashid has to be one of the worst decisions in the history of the IPL. I know they wanted a captain but surely they can find someone and Williamson is a T20 anchor as well which is an area where Indian batsman are stacked in as well. SRH will finish bottom

zing

Zingle balls
Picking Kane over Rashid has to be one of the worst decisions in the history of the IPL. I know they wanted a captain but surely they can find someone and Williamson is a T20 anchor as well which is an area where Indian batsman are stacked in as well. SRH will finish bottom
Definitely the worst. That too paying him 1.7 million. Could’ve bought him back for less than half

Skills

Snitch
Rajastan are one explosive team

Butler, Samson & Hetmyer can score above 200 SR easily

zing

Zingle balls
The quality of the IPL is much better this year in terms of how the teams are balanced, despite being ten teams. They’ve timed the move to 10 teams very well.

AshRK

Might be controversial but I feel Russell is a liability. He cannot be trusted fitness wise.

zing

Zingle balls
Might be controversial but I feel Russell is a liability. He cannot be trusted fitness wise.
Not sure how he is in other leagues but for KKR he's definitely been a liability - has not justified their faith for 2 seasons and ongoing now.

zing

Zingle balls
My predictions: SRH, Chennai, Lucknow, Gujarat to be in the bottom 4

Rajasthan, Punjab, MI, RCB/KKR in top 4. Delhi mid table.

MDFC Manager

I think to for RCB to finish top 4, they will need Maxwell in soon and Hazlewood to come and do well.