IPL 2024

zing

Zingle balls
Another slugfest of a match here :lol:

PBKS chasing another mammoth score and are currently on track to chase it down.

What’s happening/changed this season with all these super high scores and chasing teams not doing too badly either?

I can’t believe batters have just gotten so much better and/or bowlers so much worse?
Do they have drug testing in cricket? Flat pitches is one thing but players seem to have incredible endurance this season

Nickelodeon

Really pleased with Punjabs win today. Finally, Bairstow showed up. Also, the only unplanned signing, Shashank, has been our player of the season. Incredible batting.

Overall, smallish boundaries and lack of quality in bowlers is the primary reason for all these runfests. Also, I think impact sub rule has made the openers to become particularly unhinged. Now there’s no requirement of one player holding an end while the other is aggressive. Both can attack like Abhishek and Head always do for SRH.

MDFC Manager

This is certainly the worst IPL I've seen so far. Teams should be allowed to field a couple of bowling machines, they'll save a lot of money.

Xaviesta

Supports
Barcelona
During the Bodyline series, Australia's captain, Bill Woodfull, said ''there are two teams out there and only one of them is playing cricket''. I'd reword that slightly and say there are two teams out there and none of them are playing cricket. These games are like home run derbies.

Michael Holding said ''I only commentate on cricket'' when asked about why he doesn't commentate on T20. Those comments are ageing well. Cricket is about a contest between bat and ball. In this year's IPL, the contest between bat and ball has been non existent in too many games.

I still enjoy watching people like Yuzi Chahal, Ravi Ashwin and Kuldeep Yadav bowl but I'm struggling to enjoy this year's IPL. The fact games take close to 4 hours to complete is bad enough but when what is supposed to be a game of cricket resembles a home run derby, something is obviously wrong.

charlton66

Supports
Golden State
Bowling has been shocking this season, but I think it would help matters if they got rid of the white ball and played with the red. That would help the bowlers somewhat.