Ireland V England - To decide whose the best in the World

Nate

Poached vegetables a speciality
You can't claim to be the best if you beat us.

To do that you would have to beat SA, Auz and NZ, and they would pan you.

Pat the Baker

Originally posted by Nate:
<strong>You can't claim to be the best if you beat us.

To do that you would have to beat SA, Auz and NZ, and they would pan you.</strong><hr></blockquote>

We have only beaten Auz 4 months ago. SA are crap, while Auz beat NZ.

If we beat England we are the best Rugby team in the world.

utdalltheway

Sexy Beast
when was the last time IRE won the grand slam? pls provide a link if possible. I'm trying to settle a little wager.

United78

1948 according to <a href="http://www.scrum.com/6nations/2003/history/fullhistory.asp" target="_blank">this</a>

Ever hopefull

We'll know who's the best team in the world by November.
England are top of the world at the moment but it will change after the Tri-nations.

bazalini

The Baz Man - He made us laugh 2000 - 2012
Ireland have annouced their team.

Ireland have made two changes to their team for Sunday's Grand Slam decider against England in Dublin.

Coach Eddie O'Sullivan has recalled lock Gary Longwell and flanker Victor Costello, who both missed the 25-24 victory over Wales in Cardiff.

Leinster second row Leo Cullen drops out for Longwell - while Munster's Alan Quinlan misses out, with Costello coming in.

O'Sullivan has otherwise said same again, as Ireland target the RBS 6 Nations title and their first championship clean sweep since 1948.

Ireland team to face England in RBS 6 Nations at Lansdowne Road on Sunday:

G Murphy (Leicester), J Bishop (London Irish), B O'Driscoll (Leinster, captain), K Maggs (Bath), D Hickie (Leinster); D Humphreys (Ulster), P Stringer (Munster); M Horan (Munster), S Byrne (Leinster), J Hayes (Munster), G Longwell (Ulster), M O'Kelly (Leinster), V Costello (Leinster), K Gleeson (Leinster), A Foley (Munster).

Replacements: F Sheahan (Munster), J Fitzpatrick (Ulster), P O'Connell (Munster), A Quinlan (Munster), G Easterby (Llanelli), R O'Gara (Munster), G Dempsey (Leinster).

swano

no matter who wins this they will only temporarily be the best in the world. there is no way either team can win the world cup in the southern hemisphere, especially not us. grand slam would be a great achievement for us though

ellie brown

the east is red
Originally posted by Pat the Baker:
<strong>If we beat England we are the best Rugby team in the world.</strong><hr></blockquote>

I know that would be true, officially...

but I still can't feckin handle that...
:(

Dans

Correctly predicted Portugal to win Euro 2016
Originally posted by bazalini:
<strong>I'd love it if we stuff you. Just love it.

</strong><hr></blockquote>

I bet youse would ya feckin dirty gypsy, no fight mutha feckas........come on the England......niiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiice.

Stuffed you big time in your own yard.

Easy.

Dans

Slaaaaaaanchar innit. Niiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiice.

Ever hopefull

Originally posted by 26 may 1999:
<strong>Been out all day...

Lovely news.

Did the Irish put up a 'brave' or 'fightin' display?</strong><hr></blockquote>

They didn't have chance to. It was total control by the England Forwards. Ireland couldn't get the ball. It was the best forward display by England i've seen under Woodward.
If we're going to win the World Cup we need to deny the opposition possession. New Zealand and the Aussies (only real challengers) are so clinical when they get the ball.
We have a real chance of winning the World Cup. A full strength England Team has the talent and experience to go anywhere and be in with a real chance. Plus this year with the swansong for quite a few players so they will want to finish on a high.
Hopefully i'll be there to see it. Can't wait, Roll on October.

urinates in helmets
Supports
Berwick Rangers
I was supposed to get down the boozer at 5am to watch it... missed it though, shame. 200 bitter McGinty's crying in their black muck :)

utdalltheway

Sexy Beast
Originally posted by 77:
<strong>I was supposed to get down the boozer at 5am to watch it... missed it though, shame. 200 bitter McGinty's crying in their black muck :) </strong><hr></blockquote>

the Irish fans in Wash DC were gracious in defeat. We got well beaten, fair and square. we all had a good time after and sank a few more Guinesses for good measure.

mikhail

Originally posted by 26 may 1999:
<strong>Been out all day...

Lovely news.

Did the Irish put up a 'brave' or 'fightin' display?</strong><hr></blockquote>

Yes, they fought as hard as you could expect, but weren't dirty, credit to them. In the end, we were outclassed, and dominated, but the score is a bit inflated by 2 tries in extra time, when we'd given up. Really, England's defence can take all the credit - we never looked like scoring, and when we had to chase it, the holes started appearing in our guard.

Only one thing sticks in my craw. The sheer arrogance of England lining out on Ireland's side of the red carpet, forcing us off it, and our President to walk in the mud - whatever asshole thought of that should be fined by the authorities for breach of protocol.

Dans

Originally posted by mikhail:
<strong>Only one thing sticks in my craw. The sheer arrogance of England lining out on Ireland's side of the red carpet, forcing us off it, and our President to walk in the mud - whatever asshole thought of that should be fined by the authorities for breach of protocall.</strong><hr></blockquote>

I missed that.

Nice one.

;)

Nate

Poached vegetables a speciality
Originally posted by Dans:
<strong>

I missed that.

Nice one.

;) </strong><hr></blockquote>

Me too.

:cool:

mikhail

Originally posted by Dans:
<strong>

I missed that.

Nice one.

;) </strong><hr></blockquote>

I'm sure you'd feel the same if a member of the royal family was treated with the same disrespect. Fair dues to the English for being gracious winners, but that shit isn't on.

Dans

Not at all Mik, in fact I'd probably laugh heartily.

wolf man

Originally posted by Pat the Baker:
<strong>

We have only beaten Auz 4 months ago. SA are crap, while Auz beat NZ.

If we beat England we are the best Rugby team in the world.</strong><hr></blockquote>

I thought that was what the world cup decided ???

See you in oz and see how you go !! oh - bring the lions out on another tour , we flogged 3 country's in 1 go out here .

;)

sidsutton

How come bazalini hasn't ventured back into this thread after the match? Hope you didn't put any momney on it, baz...

sidsutton

Originally posted by mikhail:
<strong>

I'm sure you'd feel the same if a member of the royal family was treated with the same disrespect. Fair dues to the English for being gracious winners, but that shit isn't on.</strong><hr></blockquote>

Teams always line up in the half they are going to be defending in the first half. Whoever was in charge of organising that ceremony fecked up. But if blaming the English team helps you deal with getting dicked in your own back yard, go ahead.

seanoc

Originally posted by sidsutton:
<strong>

Teams always line up in the half they are going to be defending in the first half. Whoever was in charge of organising that ceremony fecked up. But if blaming the English team helps you deal with getting dicked in your own back yard, go ahead.</strong><hr></blockquote>

Talk of getting dicked in your own back yard.. the Munster Lads fairly red-carpeted Johnson's Leicster................... GO ON MUNSTER