Iron Mike Tyson......

giggzy

The Fatter Bryan Robson
...looked in great shape... however its obvious he only wants to fight Lennox for the cash... he has no intention on wanting to reclaim the title imo.

The amazing thing that this over-the-hill boxer is STILL the biggest draw in world boxing.. Its sad, but boxing is a farce... there are even rumours that Holyfield wants a rematch with Tyson... great, why doesn't Joe Frazier get his gloves on again :rolleyes:

The truth is Iron Mike was the most destructive fighter on the planet.... and easily the best heavyweight i've seen, at his peak.. He simply doesn't carry the same fear into the ring.

Give it up Mike!!

(bet both'll make enough cash out of the next fight...)

bazalini

The Baz Man - He made us laugh 2000 - 2012
Your right Giggsy Tyson is a farce and you can also count the heavyweight divison as a total corrupt entity. But if you look at the lower weights there are some handy neat boxers around with some good fare. Most notably Hatton, Magee (Brian), Jones, Barrera

giggzy

The Fatter Bryan Robson
Jones is the best pound for pound fighter in the world. Barrera is very good....if somewhat two dimensional.

The Heavy weight division has been a joke for a few years... It has three different champs..and none of them want to fight each other..

....and lets be totally honest about Lennox, he's a good fight..but a 'champ fighter' he is not. IF he's the best the division can offer..then there's something wrong with the roots of the division.

Any one of the top ten heavyweights from the 70's would have beaten him...As for Mike... he would have put him down in the first round during his pomp.. so, its sad seeing him this way.. i remeber watching his fights in the 80's...and feeling scared for the opponent. Doubt we'll ever see a boxer who put some much fear into another fighter.

kennyj

Originally posted by bazalini:
<strong>Your right Giggsy Tyson is a farce and you can also count the heavyweight divison as a total corrupt entity. But if you look at the lower weights there are some handy neat boxers around with some good fare. Most notably Hatton, Magee (Brian), Jones, Barrera</strong><hr></blockquote>

I think Barrera is a great fighter. Jones might be better, but he hasn't fought anyone decent in years.

kennyj

Originally posted by giggzy:
<strong>Jones is the best pound for pound fighter in the world. Barrera is very good....if somewhat two dimensional.
</strong><hr></blockquote>

I think Jones is a joke. So much talent and he won't take a tough fight. What do mean about Barrera being two dimensional - do you mean he can box and brawl? His fights were more exciting when he brawled and after his last fight he said if the public liked it better, he'd go back to brawling. A peoples' champion - how can you beat that?

bazalini

The Baz Man - He made us laugh 2000 - 2012
So who do you reckon will win against Hameed and Barrera in June??

I love both Boxers, their last fight was something special. I hope Hameed can come back, get his head in order and take Barrera like the Hammeed of old.

Raoul

Admin
Staff
The fight was obviously a setup to get Tyson an easy win so he could move back up the ladder. I've seen Etienne fight before and he sucks. Thats why the Tyson people picked him.

I don't know if there is a better HW in the world right now than Vladimir Klitschko. I saw him fight a couple of times and was very impressed with his technique, speed, power etc. IMO he could beat both Tyson and Lewis (both older fighters). If he fought Lennox, it would be a war but I think Klitschko would win.

giggzy

The Fatter Bryan Robson
Originally posted by kennyj:
<strong>

I think Jones is a joke. So much talent and he won't take a tough fight. What do mean about Barrera being two dimensional - do you mean he can box and brawl? His fights were more exciting when he brawled and after his last fight he said if the public liked it better, he'd go back to brawling. A peoples' champion - how can you beat that?</strong><hr></blockquote>

Jones fights not to get hurt.. he always does 'enough' to win fight, which is not great to watch. joke or not, i can't see anyone beating him...such is his talent.

As for Barrera... i think he's a top class fighter.. however whenever i've seen him, he looks like a fighter who's excellent at the basic stuff.. unlike say...a Hamed, who has an extra dimension, altho he no longer has the confidence of a few years ago, which is a shame, because he was great to watch.

RE tyson, Raoul.. he needs atleast five 'proper' fights... Having said that, he's only in it for a big pay day.

Kenny: who's going to win the Jones - Ruiz WBA heavyweight bout? can't believe Roy Jones is getting into a ring with a heavy weight champion!!!!<a href="http://espn.go.com/boxing/index.html" target="_blank">http://espn.go.com/boxing/index.html</a>

kennyj

Jones looke pretty good against Ruiz and fought at about 199 pounds. Giggzy, the fights over, but I ended up taking Jones in a bet because I knew that Jones wouldn't have taken the fight if he thought Ruiz had a chance.

Baz, IMO Hamed couldn't beat Barrera right now and the line on the fight would reflect that. I'd like to see that fight though.

Raoul, I think Vladimir is pretty good too, but I think that he's about one fight and one year away from Lewis. I think it would be an interesting fight, but I think Lewis has a little too much for him right now.