Is Arturo Vidal the stupidest footballer in living memory?

Skills

Snitch
Yesterday:

Previously:

I've seen him for years and he just seems to lack any kind of common sense and restraint. I'm surprised he isn't sent off every game he plays.

Nedved

He was probably the world's most complete midfielder between 2012 and 2014. He could do everything, play in any position and run for two players. He's clearly not dumb - just very aggressive, lacks discipline and has quite a temper.

Wibble

In Gadus Speramus
Staff
Yesterday:

Previously:

I've seen him for years and he just seems to lack any kind of common sense and restraint. I'm surprised he isn't sent off every game he plays.
Young probably lucky not to go for putting hands on the ref.

RedRob

"I believe. I believe there will be more. T
Rooney did pretty much exactly the same thing to Kim Milton Nielsen in the match against Villarreal in 2005/06 - clapping in his face immediately after being booked. I'm not sure what it's meant to accomplish - referees aren't going to change their minds after the first booking, so why take the chance?

Blackwidow

He has not gotten a red or yellow red in the league for 7 or 8 years.

And the one against Real in 2016 was not a foul (even if he could have gotten one before)
He had another one against Naples in minute 89 - I do not know why.

Actually I think for his way of play he actually acts often very smart in not getting red!

GatoLoco

Supports
Real Madrid
Now we just have to define what living memory means for the person who opened the thread :D

DRM

Maybe it's just me but I can't tell from the video what he did to get a 2nd yellow??

RedRonaldo

Wishes to be oppressed.
I thought the stupidest footballer ever by far is Balotelli.

drmuji

Vidal is very aggressive and very competitive. Something which we have lacked. I would take this occasional brain fart which he has, if I get the same ambition from any of our players

Web of Bissaka

Don't piss too much on the ref, don't take on the risk, especially when they've just seen you committing fouls or stupid bad dives. It won't help if you're already unlikable. Protest once and move on, if they changed mind - good, if not, then they won't ever. You could try make some few more protest later on when the heat is down, but really just don't test their authority. Geez.

It's common sense.

Vidal just don't have the football dark arts of good "feigning innocence" skills or "get on well/get on the good side of refs" :D need to watch and learn how Rojo (or Heinze, can't remember him getting too much bookings either after every dangerous tackles) play this game.

Abizzz

Nah feck the ref. And the other ref too. Brych especially, hope he disappears from the footballing world as soon as possible.

Needham

Always trying to live up to that mohawk. Should get himself a nice side parting. And settle down.

Morty_

Supports
Real Madrid
He is a complete moron, on and off the pitch, usually players only just one of those things.

Nick7

Maybe it's just me but I can't tell from the video what he did to get a 2nd yellow??
That video is edited to remove what he did to earn the second yellow. He squared up to the ref and bumped his chest into him.

Member 120012

I would reply only i haven't had my woke training course yet . Can you call someone stupid now?.

kaiser1

Supports
Bayern Munich
Bayern sold him at the right time and got Goretzka.
Vidal I love his passion but For a player who depends on his physicality, he doesn't take care of his body enough. He got slower and nowadays just resort to dumb fouls

JJ12

Predicted Portugal, Italy to win Euro 2016, 2020
Vidal is very aggressive and very competitive. Something which we have lacked. I would take this occasional brain fart which he has, if I get the same ambition from any of our players
He’s not very good and also has brain farts - yeah sign me up :rolleyes:

Rooney in Paris

Gerrard shirt..Anfield? You'll Never Live it Down
Scout
He didn't "take the red card away" at all. Makalele and Mikel also try to stop the ref from waving the red but of course it's Terry who gets the shit.

There's so much awful stuff that Terry actually did, I do wonder why people make stuff up about him.
At 0'18 he actually very clearly tries to stop the ref from raising the card.

He's such an awful person, I do wonder why people defend him at all. :D

KirkDuyt

Supports
Feyenoord
Jonjo Shelvey doesn't strike me as a rocket scientist. Nor does Serge Aurier.

Vidal's up there though.

duffer

Sensible and not a complete jerk like most oppo's
Scout
At 0'18 he actually very clearly tries to stop the ref from raising the card.

He's such an awful person, I do wonder why people defend him at all. :D
He tries to stop the ref raising the card, just like Maka and Mikel did but they don't get a mention, because they are not Redcafe's favourite pantomime villian.

As for him being am awful person, he's a Man United fan despite being from London. Of course he's an awful person.

Sparky_Hughes

I am Shitbeard.
Being the stupidest footballer alive...... that's a hell of an achievement, i wouldnt trust most players to find their own arse with two hands, a map and their agents advice

To be fair, that’s got to be 10 years ago, so memories would be blurred.

you are right, that he’s done a little of horrible things, so that stories don’t need to be embellished.

Rooney in Paris

Gerrard shirt..Anfield? You'll Never Live it Down
Scout
He tries to stop the ref raising the card, just like Maka and Mikel did but they don't get a mention, because they are not Redcafe's favourite pantomime villian.

As for him being am awful person, he's a Man United fan despite being from London. Of course he's an awful person.
:lol:

SirReginald

Supports
Chelsea
Isn’t there a video of Pepe kicking a player in the back whilst he was on the ground and going ape shit? Pretty sure there’s no one dumber than him.

Ekeke

He somehow got to play for Barcelona fairly regularly when he was in his 30s and way past it, so not the stupidest no. Same for Fellaini and his elbows in opponents faces. On the pitch he was pretty stupid but he wasnt stupid to get paid a lot of money to play for Manchester United for many years when nobody else wanted him

By all accounts you can argue Maradona is the stupidest player ever. The last few minutes of his Barcelona career and the 1994 World Cup for starters - and much much more inbetween.

MrEleson

Still find his “+1” tweet after Barca had just drawn a must win game in the race for the league title back in June hilarious. Crucial points dropped that contributed to them losing out on the league title:

Also his tweet before the game against Real Madrid on Wednesday in which he got sent off:

And his reaction afterwards. Such comedy.

Lay

Correctly predicted Italy to win Euro 2020
Crashed his car whilst drunk too. I’ve read he has a drinking problem