Is Bowls the worst sport ever?

Chipper

Adulterer.
I'm nominating race walking.

Can't see how anyone could find it exciting or remotely interesting to watch. Hard to relate to as how many people have actually tried walking in such a silly way? It's just pointless too, if you wanted to travel quickly on foot somewhere you'd just run.

Raees

Pythagoras in Boots
Bowls is a good sport - lots of tactics involved and involves skill element.

It’s basically curling.

urinates in helmets
Supports
Berwick Rangers
Can't agree, it's a great place to pick up fanny.

Dante

Average bang
Regular bowls is pretty good. What's worse is the American version where they've started calling it Superbowl or whatever.

Wibble

In Gadus Speramus
Staff
I can't watch basketball or Gridiron live. They both bore me to death.

Jippy

Sleeps with tramps, bangs jacuzzis, dirty shoes
Staff
I can't stand rugby. Especially when they start off and pass the ball to the guy behind who runs forward two metres before being tackled to the ground, then they repeat this, over and over. It's the sporting equivalent of WWI for its mind-numbing attritional approach.

Wibble

In Gadus Speramus
Staff
I can't stand rugby. Especially when they start off and pass the ball to the guy behind who runs forward two metres before being tackled to the ground, then they repeat this, over and over. It's the sporting equivalent of WWI for its mind-numbing attritional approach.
I can at least watch rugby if I have to. Not a huge fan of Union but the Aussie NRL can be brutally entertaining. Not that I choose to watch it much.

This clipis getting airtime because a) you don't often see someone knocked out of their shirts by a tackle and b) he was wearing pink dotted budgie smugglers.

Aussie Rules also leaves me cold. Very athletic and I'm sure there are tactics but as far as I can see they are "Kick it to the bloke in space to catch. Repeat". The only people not born in Australia who seem to like/get it weren't very sport orientated before they migrated in my experience. People who were born here, especially in Victoria, love it like a first born child.

Last edited:

charlton66

Supports
Golden State
Dog dancing always seemed kind of odd although I suppose there is a certain novelty to it. Just seemed silly to me. Chess boxing is another one where I could never see the point. You're trying to think of a strategy for the next chess round and then somebody just clocks you one. The World Air Guitar Championships have got to be the worst though.

Last edited:

cyberman

Bowls is weird. They take so many turns being precise but when one player gets boxed in he just fecks the ball down hoping chaos helps him.
Imagine a player just says screw this while playing snooker and just smashes the break

V.O.

Last Man Standing finalist 2019/20
Bowls is weird. They take so many turns being precise but when one player gets boxed in he just fecks the ball down hoping chaos helps him.
Imagine a player just says screw this while playing snooker and just smashes the break