Is Fergie Happy With Our Central Midfield Options??

buckooo1978

I'm starting to think that Fergie is getting a bit dissatisfied with our central midfield options....

first of all carrick doesn't make the squad vrs birmingham due to lack of form apparently then after the burnley game he and anderson don't even make the squad

so far fletcher has been excellent and scholes has played ok but he, like giggs, obviously hasn't got the legs to play twice a week.

our midfield was anonyemous against burnley but even against wigan and birmingham we didn't dominate midfield or protect our defence the way we normally do....

i know that carrick is a very good player when on form (he does seem to have some confidence issues) and anderson is a great prospect but i'm starting to think that if we do strengthen it will be in centre midfield....

what y'all think????

Laphroaig

Carrick's just off form. Fletcher is looking consistently great these days. Any manager would kill to have Scholes and in particular Giggs among their central midfielders. Anderson is a great prospect but still not there. I think we're fine, and I think SAF thinks we're fine, at least as soon as Carrick gets back to form.

032Devil

SAF isn't that fickle.

I doubt very much that he will sign anyone else this window.

I assume you've put this in the transfer forum to talk about potential replacements?

Fergies Formula

This has been done to death, but i agree we need a creative, playmaking midfielder capable of playing everyweek but also an improvement on what we already have, my thoughts are sneider, possibly david silva, ideally fabregas.

Rowem

gently, down the stream
Can't see us strengthening this summer - certainly not in CM.

I don't get why everyone keeps mentioning Scholes and Giggs as reasons we need to sign NOW. We will sign when they leave but not before then.

quethenoo

I reckon saf thinks we have enough this term. By the end of the season the picture will be clearer re our long term cms. Hargreaves will either come back or he wont, anderson and gibson will hopefully improve, giggs and scholes surely wont go till next season. by then If he thinks hargreaves, gibson and anderson wont fill the void then he will buy IMO.

p.s. also the likes of lilaijc (wrong spelling im sure) possebon and petrucci might come into the picture.

buckooo1978

giggs and scholes are reliable...

i just find it strange, especially at the beginning of the season that carrick doesnt make the squad vrs birmingham, plays a poor game at burnley (not the only one i know) then doesnt make the squad against wigan

what does it say about his state of mind/form/attitude/fergie's current opinion of him when he starts a season like that??

if someone is in poor form fergie typically lets the player play his way out of it...

i just find it strange

quethenoo

Carrick is suffering a temporary loss of form, can happen to the best of players, dosent men we need to go and buy someone else. He will come good this season of that im sure.

Laphroaig

i just find it strange, especially at the beginning of the season that carrick doesnt make the squad vrs birmingham, plays a poor game at burnley (not the only one i know) then doesnt make the squad against wigan

what does it say about his state of mind/form/attitude/fergie's current opinion of him when he starts a season like that??

if someone is in poor form fergie typically lets the player play his way out of it...

i just find it strange
Storm in a teacup.

buckooo1978

Carrick is suffering a temporary loss of form, can happen to the best of players, dosent men we need to go and buy someone else. He will come good this season of that im sure.
i agree - i think fergie would have done well to stick him on the bench yesterday - it would have benefitted carrick/anderson to come on when we were 3-0 up and get some confidence back....

wasn't too long ago carrick scored that late scorcher against wigan to win the game 2-1 last april/may

quethenoo

i just find it strange

Saf will handle the sutiation in the way he feels is appropriate, he clearly thinks carrick needs a kick up the arse.

BAMSOLA

Has issues!
Supports
A Crack Habit.
I still beleive that Fletch is so important now that should he get injured before a big game or banned as with Barca last season then the team would suffer. it would be nice to bring an energetic and physical CM into the squad unless SAF is convinced that Anderson or OH can take up this role this season.

Amir

Being unhappy with the form of some players is quite different than being unhappy with his options.

marcus agrippa

When's Hargreaves supposed to be back? Would greatly improve our options.
well, as Ralphie pointed out on another forum, people forget that during the tail-end of his first season with us, Hargreaves was so ineffective centrally that he was actually shunted out to the right.

i don't see how greatly he would improve our options other than just adding an extra body. we need quality in the middle. not quantity. we need another Scholes, one who can play more games than the original version.

UnofficialDevil

Anti Scottish and Preoccupied with Donkeys.
I'm not anti Scottish, I just wanted Moyes out.
Carrick's just off form. Fletcher is looking consistently great these days. Any manager would kill to have Scholes and in particular Giggs among their central midfielders. Anderson is a great prospect but still not there. I think we're fine, and I think SAF thinks we're fine, at least as soon as Carrick gets back to form.
Pellegrini wouldn't..

kelvinhole

Hello Kevin
well, as Ralphie pointed out on another forum, people forget that during the tail-end of his first season with us, Hargreaves was so ineffective centrally that he was actually shunted out to the right.

i don't see how greatly he would improve our options other than just adding an extra body. we need quality in the middle. not quantity. we need another Scholes, one who can play more games than the original version.
Who do you think that player might be?

kklm05

at this current economic climate, I think Fergie is doing great.
We don't need to rush to buy every villa, silva, ribery "big namges" etc.
Trying to match $eal Madrid and $an Shitty $ for $ at this transfer window just won't cut it.
There will be a lot of clubs in dire situation the coming winter/summer transfer windows.
wait till then. There is going to be less competition for some up and coming talents.
I think patience is everything when you make investments whether it is on players, real estates or stock market.

kklm05

On the other hand, we are in a semi rebuilding mode since Ronaldo and Tevez is gone.
its a chance for us to evaluate our current crops of youngsters. Give them a chance. There is a possibility that they are going to worth a lot more than spending $$$ on those big name players .

cesc's_mullet

Get a haircut Hippy!
Supports
Arsenal
Where's Hargreaves at?

He and Rosicky probably have some sort of competition going.

izzydiggler

I think that Fergie is happy to give a lot of players the chance to prove they are up for the task. As he's already said, it's the prices quoted for players that has put him off. That said I can see a few players been shown the door next summer if they don't step up this year and hopefully replacements will be a more reasonable price. Wouldn't say "last chance saloon" but there are a lot of players with a lot to prove And inevitably some will 'fail'.

I personally think we are desperate for a couple of players with that extra quality to unlock a stubborn defence but I'm almost certain that there'll be no more players in.