Is Neymar a childish brat?

led_scholes

Closest player to Ronaldinho today

Ignore his pratish side and enjoy watching him, not many players come like that anymore.
If you fuse Kaka and Neymar you get Ronaldinho. Neymar is half the player peak Ronaldinho was. The guy made Barcelona relevant again.

DWelbz19

Correctly predicted Portugal to win Euro 2016
It’s not so much that people hate him, it’s how aggressive the hatred seems to be. It’s the type I’d reserve for the Steven Gerrard’s of the world, not a showman like Neymar who I get to watch play football about 5-6 times a season when the CL latter stages come around.

KirkDuyt

Supports
Feyenoord
Well I tend to reserve such vitriol for people I’ve actually met or know (not that I’m in the habit of hating people, but you get my drift), not someone I’ve only seen in football matches on television or at a distance in a stadium.

But that’s just me, people are obviously free to dislike whoever they want to dislike. But we don’t really know any of these people. People say they hate him because he dives and simulates, but all I see is people repeatedly trying to boot him up in the air, and he doesn’t have the most robust frame in the world to deal with such punishment.

I recall the World Cup game against Mexico when a guy very deliberately trod on his ankle when he was lying on the ground. He then began rolling around (quite understandably I thought) because he wanted to draw attention to the fact that this guy had trod on his ankle and tried to injure him. The commentators went postal on Neymar for rolling around and practically ignored the nasty act of the stamp. Not sure I get that mentality
That way you can rationalize everything. Why would I celebrate a goal by 11 dudes whom I'll never meet and don't know who I am? It's pointless. Hating on football players is a fun and irrational thing to do. Hate is also a very strong word of course, I dislike his antics on a football pitch though don't wish any actuall ill on him aside from losing.

And yes, the opposition team spends a lot of time kicking him about. Doesn't mean that he's not a diving cnut as well. It's a show and every good show needs a villain. It's the way we work.

Also, to be clear, I was mostly pointing out the fact people claim to not understand why he gets the hate. It's easy to understand even if you don't share the opinion right? For instance @DWelbz19 hates Steven Gerrard and I obviously understand, since he's a pool player and a selfish twat, even though I personally have no real feelings towards the guy either way, I do understand. See?

adexkola

Doesn't understand sportswashing.
The CL is a glorified FA Cup set to music
Supports
orderly disembarking on planes
If you fuse Kaka and Neymar you get Ronaldinho. Neymar is half the player peak Ronaldinho was. The guy made Barcelona relevant again.
I wasn't speaking about how good Neymar is in comparison to Ronaldinho. I'm saying that in terms of combining attacking threat with flair and creativity, Neymar is Ronaldinho's closest analog in today's game. Messi is obviously way more effective but he, similar to Ronaldo, cut out a lot of fat from his game. Neymar has the fat (proverbially speaking), similar to Ronaldinho. If Neymar wasn't a twat he would be the next face of those Joga Bonito ads.

led_scholes

I wasn't speaking about how good Neymar is in comparison to Ronaldinho. I'm saying that in terms of combining attacking threat with flair and creativity, Neymar is Ronaldinho's closest analog in today's game. Messi is obviously way more effective but he, similar to Ronaldo, cut out a lot of fat from his game. Neymar has the fat (proverbially speaking), similar to Ronaldinho. If Neymar wasn't a twat he would be the next face of those Joga Bonito ads.
Fair enough. I misunderstood your post.

Pogue Mahone

The caf's Camus.
"like a man in silk pyjamas shooting pigeons
Ronaldinho’s a great example of how it’s possible for an extremely talented Brazilian flair player to be universally adored. Literally nobody had a bad word to say about him on here. And this is despite him (allegedly) snubbing a transfer to United at the very last minute. The player that Neymar could have been. If he wasn’t such a twat.

Judas

Open to offers
It’s not so much that people hate him, it’s how aggressive the hatred seems to be. It’s the type I’d reserve for the Steven Gerrard’s of the world, not a showman like Neymar who I get to watch play football about 5-6 times a season when the CL latter stages come around.
Yep. I don't really get it? If he played for another PL team, a rival, I'd get it more, the venom is baffling. He's a tit, quite grating on the pitch often, but extremely entertaining footballer, and there's not enough of them anymore.

Ecstatic

Cutie patootie!
Supports
PsG
He's a tit, quite grating on the pitch often, but extremely entertaining footballer, and there's not enough of them anymore.
I agree. In an increasingly uniform football world, Neymar should be praised as a creative offensive player with superior technical skills.

Ronaldinho’s a great example of how it’s possible for an extremely talented Brazilian flair player to be universally adored. Literally nobody had a bad word to say about him on here. And this is despite him (allegedly) snubbing a transfer to United at the very last minute. The player that Neymar could have been. If he wasn’t such a twat.
Agree with this.

Neymar Is a twat on and off the pitch.

Oly Francis

Supports
PSG

Damn that's bad.
He really is unlucky... he put his foot on the worst spot possible after the tackle.

These injuries can be milder than they look though, or worse, it's totally unpredictable. Hard to imagine he'll be out for less than 4 weeks though.

Lukinho

He is a diving queen. But tbh he had quit a few horrible injuries in his career.

Pretzels81

Not Salty…
That's it for Neymar in 2021.

Should be back in Feb or early March.

Attila

Supports
Trad Bricks
A player I would love to see in the premier League.

Get well soon

Oldyella

Not his biggest fan, far from it, but wishing the lad a speedy recovery.

NasirTimothy

Supports
Enyimba F.C.
Not saying i wished it would happen just more that I'm not bothered that it did.

He has shamed football with his cheating a lot more than anything positive he has done
Total nonsense

DWelbz19

Correctly predicted Portugal to win Euro 2016
He’s been quite injury prone ever since leaving Barcelona. Big part in stopping him from taking the no.1 spot that should be his with Messi and Ronaldo now being grandpa age

NasirTimothy

Supports
Enyimba F.C.
He’s been quite injury prone ever since leaving Barcelona. Big part in stopping him from taking the no.1 spot that should be his with Messi and Ronaldo now being grandpa age
Yes he has had injury issues but I still think he’s been the third best player of this generation.

Adam-Utd

Part of first caf team to complete Destiny raid
There's a serious art to diving that well. Ref bought it hook, line and sinker.