Is Old Trafford cursed?

Frank Grimes

Hear me out. After visiting teams have played at Old Trafford this season they have gone on to play 24 league games (between them).

Out of those 24 games there have been only 2 wins. Both of those have been by Leeds but even then it took until 5 games after their Old Trafford visit to finally win.

Newcastle haven't won a game in their next 7 and obviously Bruce got the sack.

Aston Villa have lost 5 in a row and their manager got the sack.

Everton haven't won a league game in 4 and Evertonians are calling for Rafa's head.

Even Liverpool haven't won in their last 2 after blowing a 2 goal lead to Brighton.

Are city in line for some dodgy results too? Who knows. Stay tuned.

Last edited:

BlueHaze

Hear me out. After visiting teams have played at Old Trafford this season they have gone on to play 24 league games (between them).

Out of those 24 games there have been only 2 wins. Both of those have been by Leeds but even then it took until 5 games after their Old Trafford visit to finally win.

Newcastle haven't won a game in their next 7 and obviously Bruce got the sack.

Aston Villa have lost 5 in a row and their manager got the sack.

Everton haven't won a league game in 4 and Evertonians are calling for Rafa's head.

Even Liverpool haven't won in their last 2 after blowing a 2 goal led to Brighton.

Are city in line for some dodgy results too? Who knows. Stay tuned.
Just highlights how absolute crap we've been. The moment we lost to them at home I knew the season was a write off.

Hectic

Supports
30fps
Avram Glazer looks like a proper pedo ghost and I think he had a cameo in those Scary Movie films as the weird hand guy so there might be something to it.

Levi1

Ive actually thought about this: It's not cursed, but it is a very large pitch, which used to help us when we played with wingers. Now that we have no midfield to speak of, and since we don't do well in possession, the wider and longer pitch is a weak point for us. Our focal point of attack is likewise through the middle now, much more so than it has been in the past. Hence why we now perform better at smaller pitches, such as the London pitches, where everything is pretty compact and allows our best players to excel without too much running to exploit space. I could be wrong, but what is clear is that Ole and the coaches haven't considered it one way or another. If they wanted to, we could easily just move the goal posts and the white lines from all sides.

stevoc

Ive actually thought about this: It's not cursed, but it is a very large pitch, which used to help us when we played with wingers. Now that we have no midfield to speak of, and since we don't do well in possession, the wider and longer pitch is a weak point for us. Our focal point of attack is likewise through the middle now, much more so than it has been in the past. Hence why we now perform better at smaller pitches, such as the London pitches, where everything is pretty compact and allows our best players to excel without too much running to exploit space. I could be wrong, but what is clear is that Ole and the coaches haven't considered it one way or another. If they wanted to, we could easily just move the goal posts and the white lines from all sides.
You didn't read the first post at all before replying did you?

Rhyme Animal

Thinks Di Zerbi is better than Pep.
Don’t know about cursed but the United job is somewhat of a poisoned chalice. Whoever comes in will always be compared to the great man.
There’s always the fact that the board is made up of anti-football, clueless, embarrassing inheritance kids who have no idea how to run a football club and continually employ crap managers…