Is Paul Pogba being bullied and harassed on TV

Water Melon

It's very telling that he still gets criticised when not playing yet the same Old Boys Club pundits have yet to even mention someone like Lingard who hasn't scored or assisted for over a year despite being almost a first-team regular in the #10 role.
Exactly. Alternatively, these pundits need to come out and be frank till the very end. "We do not criticize Lingard, because he is a crap football player and his stats show this. The lad being an academy product is basically stealing a living at United. By the way he thinks that he has made it at top level and on a side note there's something childish in filming a friend shagging a pillow. As for Pogba, he is a top top player, who won the World Cup which we never did, and we expect much from him, whereas he has not met our c expectations at United. We dislike his hairstyle, social life, we expect him to recover magically, even though it is quite clear that his injury got worse as the lad was rushed back without being fully fit. But, hey, we prefer to point our fingers at Paul, rather than Jesse."

Fredo

You broke my heart!
Paul Pogba has more talent in his little finger than Roy Keane has ever had in his entire body. But if I had to choose which one of the two I would rather have on United in their prime, it would be a no brainer. Think about that for a moment...
Yep! so much talent that he has 24 goals and 25 assists in his entire time with us (4 years now) and cost us 95 million + drama + "injuries" ...

You know there are defenders in the league with half those stats already in this season, no point in having all that talent when your mind is focused on social media, stupid haircuts and little football, players like Pogba are a disgrace to what this club is all about.

JPRouve

can't stop thinking about balls - NOT deflategate
Scout
Yep! so much talent that he has 24 goals and 25 assists in his entire time with us (4 years now) and cost us 95 million + drama + "injuries" ...

You know there are defenders in the league with half those stats already in this season, no point in having all that talent when your mind is focused on social media, stupid haircuts and little football, players like Pogba are a disgrace to what this club is all about.
These are pretty good stats for a player that has mainly played in a two man midfield with 4 players with attacking roles above him, there isn't a lot of players who have the same stats line. And why injuries is between quoting marks?

Fredo

You broke my heart!
These are pretty good stats for a player that has mainly played in a two man midfield with 4 players with attacking roles above him, there isn't a lot of players who have the same stats line. And why injuries is between quoting marks?
Good stats? Are you kidding me? This is the player we paid 95 million for. 19 big chances created in 4 years, that's the creativity? I understand you are french but try to reason objectively. He has massively under-performed for the club, plays only when he is in the mood and is a bitch to his agent...

fergiesarmy1

For all the drama it’s not worth it.

Ludens the Red

Keane destabilised an entire season, wilfully trying to get the best deal, most money for himself. Pretty selfish really. The media attention around it at the time was huge and overshadowed our run in. Certainly SAF didn’t need the constant questions.

In comparison Pogbas agent has said that Pogba chose to come back to United, when he would have advised him otherwise. That the club isn’t in a good position and the project isn’t working. That Pogba would love to to win trophies here but it might not be possible.

Then you’ve got Keane saying Pogba is a bad influence and a nuisance, a guy who got sacked for slating his own teammates in public, arrested the week of an fa cup final for punching a woman, sent home from a World Cup for his behaviour. Amongst many other issues.

I love Roy Keane but comparing their behaviour and negative impact on a squad and manager is like comparing their performances on the pitch. There’s not contest in either department, Keane wins hands down.

Your post simply highlights the issue with the scrutiny Pogba receives. It’s unjustified but affects opinion massively as to make Pogba look worse than Keane.
:lol: Oh ffs, come on, Really? He destabalised an entire season? you mean the season we won the treble? He overshadowed our run in? really, he overshadowed our run in to the treble? That was what you remember being the big news? Keane's contract and not the treble? Or the following season where he actually signed the contract at a time where he was voted the best player in the league by fellow players and the football writers? Come on, I've had a go at Keane plenty on this forum down the years but that's just hyperbolic nonsense there. And even the 'trying to get a better deal, most money for himself', presumably you think Pogba wasn't doing the same in negotiating with Raiola and United?

What negative impact did Keane ever have on our squad? again are we talking about the "destabalising" of our treble season? Because if you look up 'negative impact' and 'destabalising' winning a historic treble doesn't really fit in with that. Even his on air rant that he was punished for (something Pogba hasn't been for his agent mouthing off) most United players were fine with it. It's well documented the likes of Fletcher, Smith, Rio didn't take issue with it. We actually beat a formidable Chelsea side in the game directly after it. It was Sir Alex who had the biggest problem with it. With all that being said, even the incidents that painted Keane in a bad light came from a good place, standards were not being met and unfortunately he was gobby and made it known. I have far more respect for that then someone who hides behind their fat egotistical, self indulgent agent.
Furhter to that about the ' project not working' and 'trophies cant be won'. Pogba started this angling to leave business after a measly two seasons at the club. Two years of which he won two trophies in his first season and in his second we came 2nd, unfortunately this isn't Italy and we're not Juventus, we can't just win everything with ease. It didn't take very long for Pogba to throw his toys out the pram.

You can make your point without such stupid nonsense about "Paul Pogba has more talent in his little finger than Roy Keane has ever had in his entire body", as you also agree that's an "exaggeration".

Not to mention Paul Scholes refused to play in a Worthington Cup and was fined 2 weeks wages by SAF, imagine if Pogba did anything close to that?

I keep my opinion that it's always easy to try very hard when you play for the best team in England and under the absolute best manager, imagine Keane and Scholes and Neville under another manager? For example in our current team?
I don't think Scholes refusing to play one time in twenty years of fantastic service is really that bad when you think about it. And you don't have to imagine Pogba doing anything close to that because his agent as already done that for him. Worth noting Paul Scholes never had an agent.

Last edited:

JPRouve

can't stop thinking about balls - NOT deflategate
Scout
Good stats? Are you kidding me? This is the player we paid 95 million for. 19 big chances created in 4 years, that's the creativity? I understand you are french but try to reason objectively. He has massively under-performed for the club, plays only when he is in the mood and is a bitch to his agent...
My nationality is irrelevant and it's pathetic to mention it and it's rich to talk about objectivity when you put injuries in doubt without proof to support it. Pogba has mainly played as a CM in a 4231, the price of a player is irrelevant when it comes to stats particularly goals and assists, the role of the player and the team he plays for will determine them. That's why someone like Iniesta has a low goal and assist ratio despite being one of the best CM ever and sometimes playing relatively high. Pogba has created a relatively high number of key passes(proportionally more than he did with Juventus), he has scored and assisted more than pretty much any other CM in a comparable set up. And he was also never worthy of his fee in the first place, so no he didn't underperform.

Last edited:

roonster09

Hercule Poirot of the scouting world
Scout
My nationality is irrelevant and it's pathetic to mention it and it's rich to talk about objectivity when you put injuries in doubt without proof to support it. Pogba has mainly played as a CM in a 4231, the price of a player is irrelevant when it comes to stats particularly goals and assists, the role of the player and the team he plays for will determine them. That's why someone like Iniesta has a low goal and assist ratio despite him being one of the best CM ever and sometimes playing relatively high. Pogba has created a relatively high number of key passes(proportionally more than he did with Juventus), he has scored and assisted more than pretty much any other CM in a comparable set up. And he was also never worthy of his fee in the first place, so no he didn't underperform.
If people can't see how good Pogba is or how important he was in these 3 years, they will never see that. One of the reason why I stopped arguing about Pogba. He leads in most of the stats but for some reason people are blind to see it.

Stacks

This isn’t a joke so please bare with me. Put aside any personal views that you may have about Pogba. If “but he makes xxx amount a week” comes into your mind then feck off go read something else...

My question is simple. Every week whether he plays or not Paul Pogba gets crucified and slandered by pundits who are trained in the art of speaking on tv so know never to fully cross the line. But constantly attacking a man’s personality, calling him a trouble maker is not part of their remit and not supposed to be part of a post match assessment. It’s not normal. But it’s becomes the norm for over a year when it comes to this one player.

Yesterday both Scholes and McAteer were again having a go at Paul. Again attacking his personality, calling him a trouble etc when tbf there really is no evidence other then he asked for a move and didn’t get one. Did he then go on strike like Gareth Bale did when he wanted to leave Spurs for Real? No. So what evidence do we have!

Anyways. Pogba appears a confident guy but seen a lot of tweet about anti bullying and mental health etc. So just wanted to get this off my chest because it’s taking place right on our tv screens. By people that call themselves role models. And despite his confident personality and character we don’t know what effect hearing their constant comments might have on Pogba.
"yes" in capitals

Ekeke

You've literally glossed over my post and continued along a preset line of thought.

My points still remain, particularly the narrative against him before either his brother or agent said a word, or constantly taking pops at him even when he hasn't played a single minute of the game. You can't just ignore that.
Your post suggested he's being bullied off the bat. He isnt. You had no point

fergiesarmy1

If people can't see how good Pogba is or how important he was in these 3 years, they will never see that. One of the reason why I stopped arguing about Pogba. He leads in most of the stats but for some reason people are blind to see it.
Coming above Fred, Lingard, Matic etc for the worlds most expensive midfielder is nothing to brag about. It’s like saying the top scorer in division 2 is better than the top scorer in the premiership cause he has 23 league goals this season. It’s all relative.

Offside

Euro 2016 sweepstake winner
Pogba does epitomize a lot of what is wrong with the modern football player I think. Clearly his priority is not giving 100% for the badge. He hasn't lived up to expectations at all. However, I do agree there is a media obsession with him, maybe it is because he is such a famous footballer who isn't performing well enough. The fact he's not even playing now and is getting stick for how he plays is just weird though.

djembatheking

Pogba shouldn't be spoken in the same breath as Keano and Scholes, 2 proper legends that played a massive part in Uniteds 20 year dominance. State of our fanbase backing a guy that will be gone first opportunity that presents itself ahead of 2 guys that know all about the on and off field sacrifice needed to be a champion year in year out .
When Pogba said its time for a new challenge , do me a favour .

Fredo

You broke my heart!

• Attack
    Goals 24
    Goals per match 0.24
    Headed goals 4
    Goals with right foot 18
    Goals with left foot 2
    Penalties scored 7
    Freekicks scored 0
    Shots 291
    Shots on target 105
    Shooting accuracy %36%
    Hit woodwork 11
    Big chances missed 21

• Team Play
    Assists 25
    Passes 6,517
    Passes per match 63.89
    Big chances created 19
    Crosses 101
    Cross accuracy %14%
    Through balls 63
    Accurate long balls 487

Those are his stats over the past 4 years, I do not see ANYTHING special in them that warrants Pogba being so important.

Canagel

Too good to be here. A lot of these bitter washed up ex players employed as pundits wish to be as half as good as him and are just jealous that kids look up to a charismatic black man who has the talent to back up his confidence while making a shitload of money along the way.

Gee Male

Too good to be here. A lot of these bitter washed up ex players employed as pundits wish to be as half as good as him and are just jealous that kids look up to a charismatic black man who has the talent to back up his confidence while making a shitload of money along the way.
Or... Paul Scholes has a better perspective on this club than you ever will?

Pogba is finished here, for the second time. Without ever being the player he could have been.

Massive disappointment.

Sanchez7

It is the constant bs from media that has a massive influence on people's perception of certain individuals and then herd mentality takes over. It isn't just in football - people genuinely believe Donald Trump is a great businessman because of the narrative/persona he has manage to build up.

fergiesarmy1

It is the constant bs from media that has a massive influence on people's perception of certain individuals and then herd mentality takes over. It isn't just in football - people genuinely believe Donald Trump is a great businessman because of the narrative/persona he has manage to build up.
What a load of crap, most people form their own opinions. I listen less to the pundits as each year goes by and rarely agree with them. As for Trump I’ve seen enough documentaries on him to know he bankrupted half of Atlantic city amongst many other dodgy dealings. It seems you can’t just dislike as a player without sinister reasons. Plenty of others I dislike also just this particular player is at the top by a country mile.

redcafe_reader

I don't think Scholes refusing to play one time in twenty years of fantastic service is really that bad when you think about it. And you don't have to imagine Pogba doing anything close to that because his agent as already done that for him. Worth noting Paul Scholes never had an agent.
This is unprofessional, and it actually happens. All the shit Pogba was accused of is just some rumor or his agent or his brother said. FYI he never has trouble at Juventus or France.

When did Pogba agent "done that for him"? His injury is worse because he actually played while not fully healed (and not just him, McTom and Rashford suffer the same issue). Actual evidence please not some twitter rumor, or do you think our club doesn't know if he fakes his injury or not?

Scholes never had an agent so what? He's allowed to refuse playing? Thankfully SAF is having none of it. If he behaves like that under SAF, how do you think he will behave under another lesser manager?

Ekeke

You're copping out. Feel free not to.
Just telling it like it is. If having your work, transfer history and agent criticized is bullying, everyone is bullied.

At that point you're crapping on the word and people who actually have been bullied. Its condescending and making light of it.

SadlerMUFC

Thinks for himself
Easy there. Roy Keane was a terrific midfielder and a terrific captain. His passing was smart, fast, accurate and he would chip in with goals too. We do not have a passer like him these days. We do not have such an engine in our midfield either. Lastly, we will hardly have a captain like him ever again.
I think you missed the point. THis was a knock on Pogba not Keane

SadlerMUFC

Thinks for himself
You can make your point without such stupid nonsense about "Paul Pogba has more talent in his little finger than Roy Keane has ever had in his entire body", as you also agree that's an "exaggeration".

Not to mention Paul Scholes refused to play in a Worthington Cup and was fined 2 weeks wages by SAF, imagine if Pogba did anything close to that?

I keep my opinion that it's always easy to try very hard when you play for the best team in England and under the absolute best manager, imagine Keane and Scholes and Neville under another manager? For example in our current team?
Of course it's an exageration. I thought that was obvious when I wrote it. I forgot the thecaf takes everything so literally. And I wish those players could be with us now. SAF or no SAF, they would lead by example and make every player on the pitch better players. When has Pogba ever made someone a better player???

johanovic

Paul Pogba has more talent in his little finger than Roy Keane has ever had in his entire body. But if I had to choose which one of the two I would rather have on United in their prime, it would be a no brainer. Think about that for a moment...
Keane was a true midfield general and leader of men on top of being a being a very good footballer to. Pogba is talented BUT no matter how talented you are if you do not give an effort. You could take for example a very talented player like Ronaldo AND he gives his all in every game as he is a genuine world class player. Pogba is nowhere near Ronaldo in committment and professional behaviour. And his defenders make all kind of excuses for him while the plain fact is that genuine class+workrate+commitment always shines through.

Withnail

What is so special about his lifestyle, posters keep mentioning it?
I just watched the Mcateer clip and I was baffled when he was banging on about people like Lallana showing the young players how they should be leading their lives in contrast to Pogba.

You'd swear Pobga was going on the piss and missing training the way he was talking.

It has to be said Mcateer isn't very bright but jaysus it made no sense.

SadlerMUFC

Thinks for himself
Keane was a true midfield general and leader of men on top of being a being a very good footballer to. Pogba is talented BUT no matter how talented you are if you do not give an effort. You could take for example a very talented player like Ronaldo AND he gives his all in every game as he is a genuine world class player. Pogba is nowhere near Ronaldo in committment and professional behaviour. And his defenders make all kind of excuses for him while the plain fact is that genuine class+workrate+commitment always shines through.
That was kind of the point of my post. I'm seeing that most didn't understand what I meant in that statement and have taken it as a knock against Keane. That's the exact oppisite of my intentiions as I would take Keane over Pogba in a heartbeat...

fergiesarmy1

I just watched the Mcateer clip and I was baffled when he was banging on about people like Lallana showing the young players how they should be leading their lives in contrast to Pogba.

You'd swear Pobga was going on the piss and missing training the way he was talking.

It has to be said Mcateer isn't very bright but jaysus it made no sense.
Does anyone listen to Mcateer?

GiddyUp

Keane destabilised an entire season, wilfully trying to get the best deal, most money for himself. Pretty selfish really. The media attention around it at the time was huge and overshadowed our run in. Certainly SAF didn’t need the constant questions.

In comparison Pogbas agent has said that Pogba chose to come back to United, when he would have advised him otherwise. That the club isn’t in a good position and the project isn’t working. That Pogba would love to to win trophies here but it might not be possible.

Then you’ve got Keane saying Pogba is a bad influence and a nuisance, a guy who got sacked for slating his own teammates in public, arrested the week of an fa cup final for punching a woman, sent home from a World Cup for his behaviour. Amongst many other issues.

I love Roy Keane but comparing their behaviour and negative impact on a squad and manager is like comparing their performances on the pitch. There’s not contest in either department, Keane wins hands down.

Your post simply highlights the issue with the scrutiny Pogba receives. It’s unjustified but affects opinion massively as to make Pogba look worse than Keane.
Ffs, how many cup competitions or league wins has Pogba dragged this club too. He cant be absolved of all the blame just because we are in a mess right now. Keane had his flaws but he was a warrior on the pitch who commanded everything around including the opposition. A player today in the same vein of Keane would hand Pogba his arse every day of the week.

GiddyUp

:lol: Oh ffs, come on, Really? He destabalised an entire season? you mean the season we won the treble? He overshadowed our run in? really, he overshadowed our run in to the treble? That was what you remember being the big news? Keane's contract and not the treble? Or the following season where he actually signed the contract at a time where he was voted the best player in the league by fellow players and the football writers? Come on, I've had a go at Keane plenty on this forum down the years but that's just hyperbolic nonsense there. And even the 'trying to get a better deal, most money for himself', presumably you think Pogba wasn't doing the same in negotiating with Raiola and United?

What negative impact did Keane ever have on our squad? again are we talking about the "destabalising" of our treble season? Because if you look up 'negative impact' and 'destabalising' winning a historic treble doesn't really fit in with that. Even his on air rant that he was punished for (something Pogba hasn't been for his agent mouthing off) most United players were fine with it. It's well documented the likes of Fletcher, Smith, Rio didn't take issue with it. We actually beat a formidable Chelsea side in the game directly after it. It was Sir Alex who had the biggest problem with it. With all that being said, even the incidents that painted Keane in a bad light came from a good place, standards were not being met and unfortunately he was gobby and made it known. I have far more respect for that then someone who hides behind their fat egotistical, self indulgent agent.
Furhter to that about the ' project not working' and 'trophies cant be won'. Pogba started this angling to leave business after a measly two seasons at the club. Two years of which he won two trophies in his first season and in his second we came 2nd, unfortunately this isn't Italy and we're not Juventus, we can't just win everything with ease. It didn't take very long for Pogba to throw his toys out the pram.

Fantastic replies. I would like to add two points. One, while players had football agents negotiating for them Roy Keane had his solicitors which allowed him to deal with the club from a position if power. Two, didn't Pep say that Pogba was offered to City, in Pogba's 2nd season? Is he a liar?

Alabaster Codify7

Scholes is of course 100% correct about the Pogba situation in transfer terms. However, I'm still waiting to hear him critique our shite manager for his under-performing. Or our English contingent for theirs (Rashford aside, and AWB).

redcafe_reader

Of course it's an exageration. I thought that was obvious when I wrote it. I forgot the thecaf takes everything so literally. And I wish those players could be with us now. SAF or no SAF, they would lead by example and make every player on the pitch better players. When has Pogba ever made someone a better player???
It seems logic is not your strong point, but there are already enough people to point out the stupidity of your post, so I won't bother anymore. News flash: we get what you mean about choosing Keane over Pogba, but nevertheless, the "Paul Pogba has more talent in his little finger than Roy Keane has ever had in his entire body" is so stupid, no matter how you try to go around it.

Also ironically you missed my point in my post, as well as the post I quoted, we are talking about professionalism and our ex-player's behavior, not their talent or leadership, so no idea why you ask me about "When has Pogba ever made someone a better player"? I would take peak Keane over Pogba as well. Also, FYI Deschamp also praise Pogba leadership on the world cup win, Lloris also praises his leadership, but maybe that means nothing to you :)

Ffs, how many cup competitions or league wins has Pogba dragged this club too. He cant be absolved of all the blame just because we are in a mess right now. Keane had his flaws but he was a warrior on the pitch who commanded everything around including the opposition. A player today in the same vein of Keane would hand Pogba his arse every day of the week.
Of course, Pogba can be blamed, people didn't say that he needs to be absolved of all the blame. But he needs to be treated fairly, which he isn't and that is the point of this thread.

Blaming Pogba for this season when he hardly plays due to injury is fair to you? Just like Evra said "Pogba blamed when he plays & when he doesn’t"