Is Pep the greatest manager of all time?

HisNameIsEarl

Same argument can be made about Xavi in 2008. I don't recall him being better than others in the tournament. As with Spain in their glory years, no single player stood out, it was more of a collective effort. Maybe Marcus Senna was more influential. I thought Ballack was more influential than Xavi in the tournament

But if you are arguing that Pep got the best player of Euro 2008 in Xavi because he got an award then you should respect the same award given to Zagorakis too 4yrs earlier by the same body
Well, the award committee chose him as key player from this collective, if I compare the press reviews, he's mentioned there as well. My argument was that his talent wasn't much of a secret. And I fail to see how Zagorakis invalidates that, as Greece's win was not seen as dominant and deserved.

kaiser1

Supports
Bayern Munich
Well, the award committee chose him as key player from this collective, if I compare the press reviews, he's mentioned there as well. My argument was that his talent wasn't much of a secret. And I fail to see how Zagorakis invalidates that, as Greece's win was not seen as dominant and deserved.
For those Spain wins in 2008, 2010 and 2012, there was hardly any standout player. You could have picked any of Puyol Xavi Iniesta, Busquets Senna(2008), Villa(2010) in any of those years without an argument
In 2004, Greece defeated
Portugal the host twice
France the defending champions
Czech the team of the Tournament
in 6 games
None of these games went into a shootout. So how was this not deserved

HisNameIsEarl

For those Spain wins in 2008, 2010 and 2012, there was hardly any standout player. You could have picked any of Puyol Xavi Iniesta, Busquets Senna(2008), Villa(2010) in any of those years without an argument
In 2004, Greece defeated
Portugal the host twice
France the defending champions
Czech the team of the Tournament
in 6 games
None of these games went into a shootout. So how was this not deserved
I was referring to what others picked at that time, it doesn't matter what I could have picked.

And about Greece: the term "deserved" can indeed be misleading there, what I wanted to express was, "if the tournament was repeated, would they be expected to win again?"