g = window.googletag || {}; googletag.cmd = googletag.cmd || []; window.googletag = googletag; googletag.cmd.push(function() { var interstitialSlot = googletag.defineOutOfPageSlot('/17085479/redcafe_gam_interstitial', googletag.enums.OutOfPageFormat.INTERSTITIAL); if (interstitialSlot) { interstitialSlot.addService(googletag.pubads()); } });

Is (player) United quality?

SparkedIntoLife

There’s lots of players I’m curious about in world football but I don’t have the time or TV channels to see them regularly. YouTube can be helpful but only tells part of the story as anyone can be made to look a world beater or useless on highlights or lowlights.

This is a thread where I’m hoping people can ask opinions on certain players (especially as to whether they are United quality) and we might get more informed views back about them, i.e. from someone who regularly watches the league they play in etc.

So with that being said, can anyone give informed opinions on the below and whether they could be or potentially have quality to play for United -

Dani Olmo
Robert Skov
Diadie Samassekou
Junior Firpo
Sebastian Haller
Samuel Chukwueze
Youcef Atal
Domagoj Bradaric
Jonathan Tah
Giorgi Chakvetadze
Aaron Martin
Ibrahima Konate

I’m afraid I’ll be more of a taker than a giver in this thread but I might be able to offer insight on UK based players, including those in lower leagues. Cheers.

U4E

Robert Skov (22), Denmark:

Plays for Danish powerhouse FC København (Copenhagen) since last winter. Is yet to play for the Danish national team.

On his way to becoming Player of the Year in the Danish League, in his first full season for Copenhagen. Has scored 25 goals in 29 matches, which means he is 3 goals away from the record of 28 in a season. 5 games remaining.

Plays primarily on the right wing (Which makes all his goals even more impressive), and has an amazing left foot. 14 goals are from outside the box, and 8 on those from free kick.

Copenhagen have pretty much steamrolled all opponents in the league, so he hasn't really been tested yet. They played in the Europa League group stage, but disappointingly finished last behind Bordeaux, Slavia Prague and Zenit. They won only one match, away to Bordeaux with a goal in stoppage time. Skov of course scored that goal. Besides that, he did not impress in the European games.

Overall he is not (yet) good enough for United. His left foot is perhaps one of the most lethal in Europe right now, but he is yet to prove himself on a bigger stage. I would say that the Bundesliga would be a good next step for him, but not United. Maybe in the future.

SparkedIntoLife

Thank you @U4E! From what I’ve seen he’s an awesome long range shooter but needs refining technically.

JJ12

Predicted Portugal, Italy to win Euro 2016, 2020
Anyone watch a lot of Norwich and can inform how good either Aaron's and Godfrey are?

Are they good enough for United?

Hound Dog

Supports
Whoever I bet on
This is a bit of a random list!

With Diadie, I'd say it is impossible to tell, with the futures of top players from the Austrian league being rather random after leaving. For every Mane and Keita there is a Kevin Kampl.

He looked very good in Salzburg's European runs this season and last, but not sure if he will be Everton or United level.

el3mel

Doesn't "United quality" nowadays mean Ashley Young and Jesse Lingard ?

memelord

Haller: targetman archetype, very good in the air but needs nimbler players playing off him. He'd have worked well under Mourinho.
Konaté: very solid, at 19yo he's an integral part of the best defense in Germany. He's good with the ball at his feet.
Tah: let's just say that leverkusen have a terrible defensive record and he's part of the reason why.

Haven't watched the rest.