Is Pogba as good as gone?

Van Piorsing

Lost his light sabre
Not a fan of selling world class players anyway, especially when we have so few of them... That being said, if we really must sell the lad how about Eddie Woodward will finally use his marketing & banking skills to something productive like getting maximum amount for extremely flashy player like Pog ? It won't be even considered a rip off since Paul is in perfect age with huge experience in winning World Cup among other trophies.

When I think about it, it's a one big cluster of a headache. In matter of one year we're getting rid of Herrera and Pogba while absolutely no news of selling the real jokers like Jones, Lingard and possibly Pereira.

Just like Zlatan, I like Pogba, but their agent is a full up cholesterol ball of shit.

Champagne Football

Just hope Deschamps doesn't drop him for the Euros, as Pogba having a strong Euros gives us a much stronger bargaining position.

He'll definitely find his form again at Juventus, but we'll still be far better off without him. A player like Grealish dying for the shirt every week, will be pure bliss to watch in place of a sulking self-obsessed diva putting in half arsed performances.

makes new threads with tweets in the OP
I'm not trying to re-write history here, but when was the last time he put in a 'world-class' performance? Perhaps I have a short memory, but occasional great passes aside, I can't remember when he has performed to anything like the level we expect of him in any game.
Pogba was pretty good on the opening day of the season, also between December 2018 and February 2019 he was almost unplayable. At Fulham last February Pogba was imperious. I wish he played like that for us all the time. However, I know he won't because I know he doesn't want to be at Man Utd. That's why we should have sold him last summer when he came out with his 'new challlenge' bull, its why we really need to get rid now.

Yakuza_devils

For Pogba situation, I think we are demanding about 120mil minimum transfer fees based on current market. And Pogba himself would want salary around 400k p/w in his new club. No sane club would want to invest in such large amount on Pogba who is not world class and with questionable attitude. Let alone a cnut agent.

In order to engineer a move away, Pogba and Raiola have to play dirty. They stood so low to bad mouth the club that pay them 90mil for transfers and many more millions on wages. The bad mouthing almost occur weekly. They want us to lower the transfer fees considerably so that they can get a move away and their new club can afford their greedy pay increase demand. They are so fecking selfish to only think of themselves.

It's time to let Pogba go but on our terms to teach them a lesson.

KristianMackle

Ole wants to keep Pogba and that's why he wont even talk to Pogba about his agent. It's all about making sure Pogba is comfortable here and not stressing him out. That's why he greenlights every Pogba mover whether it's training and getting fit elsewhere, going to Guinea for a charity match, etc. Sometimes when you give in to someone's requests all the time, you'll lose their respect and they stop taking you seriously.

Mino wasn't talking like this under Mourinho when he treated Pogba far worse but because Ole is seen as a soft target, Pogba can say openly in an interview that he's looking for a new challenge. He made Ole, someone who always praised and stood by Pogba look foolish.

Then to add insult to injury, his agent for the past year has been just been piling on with : "this club is rudderless, lacks ambition, he wont bring any of his players to United because we'll ruin them, etc." Pogba who employs this man still sits silently whiles the club and Ole are constantly disrespected. Yet after all this, Ole still stands by Pogba and still protects him from the media.

Ole wants to keep Pogba and that's why he wont even talk to Pogba about his agent. It's all about making sure Pogba is comfortable here and not stressing him out. That's why he greenlights every Pogba mover whether it's training and getting fit elsewhere, going to Guinea for a charity match, etc. Sometimes when you give in to someone's requests all the time, you'll lose their respect and they stop taking you seriously.

Mino wasn't talking like this under Mourinho when he treated Pogba far worse but because Ole is seen as a soft target, Pogba can say openly in an interview that he's looking for a new challenge. He made Ole, someone who always praised and stood by Pogba look foolish.

Then to add insult to injury, his agent for the past year has been just been piling on with : "this club is rudderless, lacks ambition, he wont bring any of his players to United because we'll ruin them, etc." Pogba who employs this man still sits silently whiles the man - Ole who has always backed him- is constantly being berated. Yet after all this, Ole still stands by Pogba and still protects him from the media.
I honestly don't think Ole makes those calls.

Ighalo's agent said he spoke to Woodward about Ighalo joining, I don't remember him mentioning Ole once. I think we need to remember what Mourinho said when he was here and said he should be seen as a first team coach not a manager. I think Van Gaal said something similar.

I find it hard to believe Ole does much more than prepare the first team for matches and pick the players for games.

Thepinhead

I think Pogba is making a big mistake if he goes back to Juventus. I think this team is on their way to something special. It looks like we are finally getting a team together with the right mentality.

Maybe he is our coutinho. Sometimes you just need to let these egos go to make room for the team. Liverpool sure didn't suffer one bit even though almost everyone thought they would. We probably would have done better with pogba in the team this season but maybe long term we are better without him.

TheRedHearted

I'm not trying to re-write history here, but when was the last time he put in a 'world-class' performance? Perhaps I have a short memory, but occasional great passes aside, I can't remember when he has performed to anything like the level we expect of him in any game.
For me, against city when we beat them at the Etihad last season. Still way too long ago for a world class player.

I really have no time for pogba and his agent, has raiola forgotten how well he did with the pogba deal and has pogba forgotten that his wages is funded by the fans, both should be showing the club and its fans far more respect.

I have to start doubting if pogba really has really been injured all this time and that there is more to between Ole, pogba and rioala.

The only way I see pogba staying at the club is if we change our manager at the end of the season and pogba really fancies working with the new one but tbh he sod off at this point, we dont need some wishy washy player that only puts effort in when everything suits him.

I'm wondering where he will go though if reports are true that Madrid are circling sterling now, I doubt they can afford both, though I'm sure they will try by low balling us again with an offer for him. If they had the choice between sterling and pogba then surely sterling would be the better option.
Doesn’t Hazard play at the exact same position as Sterling?

noodlehair

"It's like..."
I don't know, obviously if it would mean using that money to buy other players I would sell him immediately but knowing our signings and "scouts" I don't think we will do much better tbf. We would probably sign another di Maria, Pogba type.
Well that's a different issue but yes.

Although the most annoying thing about Pogba is how he could spend the game showboating on the edge of his own box/failing to play 6 yard passes/ball hogging like a 7 year old/deliberately refusing to follow his manager's instructions, and after the game half our fans would blame the rest of the team or manager in order to defend him.

Remember when it was Mourinho's fault that Pogba couldn't play like an adult because he wouldn't play him on the left of a three? Some kind of unique problem that Paul Pogba is the only midfielder in the history of the earth to be inflicted by, where he can't behave like a professional footballer unless he's played in an exact specific position in an exact specific formation...even though even when we literally did this he was still just as fecking shite.

Point being even if we signed another showpony chancer who actually helped the team much less than they hindered it, at least they'd be called out on it rather than the club and fans constantly bending over backwards to accommodate or tolerate it, for 4 fecking years.

Maluco

Last Man Standing 3 champion 2019/20
I think Pogba is making a big mistake if he goes back to Juventus. I think this team is on their way to something special. It looks like we are finally getting a team together with the right mentality.

Maybe he is our coutinho. Sometimes you just need to let these egos go to make room for the team. Liverpool sure didn't suffer one bit even though almost everyone thought they would. We probably would have done better with pogba in the team this season but maybe long term we are better without him.
I think the continuation of this is getting rid of someone who doesn’t contribute and whose heart isn’t in the fight.

Get rid and get in someone who really wants to be here. Maguires celebration last night was great to see. He is clearly delighted to be at a club like Manchester United.

We need a few more midfielders like that who play with desire and commitment. Where there is no question of their future because they want to be here!

noodlehair

"It's like..."
Yeah and don't forget Pogba's brother sticking his two pennies in later on Spanish TV:

Anyone who does not believe Pogba is engineering this circus, so that United will eventually conclude that he's more trouble keeping than he's worth, would've been taken in by the Emperor's new clothes.

Nobody can credibly claim Pogba is anything other than a world class midfielder. However, he does not want to play for us so we will never see his best.

Look at the Scousers? When Coutinho wanted to go they sold him and used the money to bring in players they needed like Alisson and Van Dijk. Look at us: On our knees, bowing at Pogba's feet, begging him to play half-heartedly for us. Just shows why Liverpool have overtaken us. The people running this club do not have a scooby.
Well he's been at United for 4 years, and he certainly hasn't been a world class midfielder at any point in that time, so I'm not sure how anyone credibly can claim he is at this point.

There'd be more credibility in claiming Sanchez is a world class forward over the same time period.

Even going further back than that, Juventus have missed him about as much as we'd miss Lingard, because it turned out their midfield wasn't really any worse without him.

Stacks

Our lowest points tally and win ratio in decades. Hold your horses.

Well he's been at United for 4 years, and he certainly hasn't been a world class midfielder at any point in that time, so I'm not sure how anyone credibly can claim he is at this point.

There'd be more credibility in claiming Sanchez is a world class forward over the same time period.

Even going further back than that, Juventus have missed him about as much as we'd miss Lingard, because it turned out their midfield wasn't really any worse without him.
As I said to @Gopher Brown , Pogba had a string of world class showings in the winter of last season. He was the standout player in the long unbeaten run Ole had when he started as manager. At that time he was definitely playing at a world class level.

That being said I doubt Pogba will ever play that well for us again. Its clear that he does not want to play for us at all. He is not going to give it 100%, you can tell by these comments from his agent and his brother, so let's just sell him and move on.

Thepinhead

I think the continuation of this is getting rid of someone who doesn’t contribute and whose heart isn’t in the fight.

Get rid and get in someone who really wants to be here. Maguires celebration last night was great to see. He is clearly delighted to be at a club like Manchester United.

We need a few more midfielders like that who play with desire and commitment. Where there is no question of their future because they want to be here!
Ye Maguire didn't look like someone who regretted not playing for Leicester. It looks like he can see that this teams potential. Hopefully pogba can too. If not, then maybe it is time for him to go.

tjb

Pogba doesn't understand how big of a mistake he has made in doing this. It's fair that he wants to leave, but the constant statement by his agent and people around him will definitely leave a bitter taste in the mouth of United fans, and this will show itself after he has gone. This massive Pogba brand that is talked about is as big as it is BECAUSE he is associated with United. You don't leave organizations like ours or madrids with the type of reputation he is creating for himself, unlike smaller clubs, reputations like that stick for the rest of your career. When it is all said done, fans may only remember him for this.

Gopher Brown

As I said to @Gopher Brown , Pogba had a string of world class showings in the winter of last season. He was the standout player in the long unbeaten run Ole had when he started as manager. At that time he was definitely playing at a world class level.

That being said I doubt Pogba will ever play that well for us again. Its clear that he does not want to play for us at all. He is not going to give it 100%, you can tell by these comments from his agent and his brother, so let's just sell him and move on.
Yes, I forgot how good he was when Ole took over, but it’s been a long time. ‘World class’ players rarely have an off night.

RedDevil@84

Pogba doesn't understand how big of a mistake he has made in doing this. It's fair that he wants to leave, but the constant statement by his agent and people around him will definitely leave a bitter taste in the mouth of United fans, and this will show itself after he has gone. This massive Pogba brand that is talked about is as big as it is BECAUSE he is associated with United. You don't leave organizations like ours or madrids with the type of reputation he is creating for himself, unlike smaller clubs, reputations like that stick for the rest of your career. When it is all said done, fans may only remember him for this.
Except losing the Man Utd fans, don't think Pogba really has anything to lose here. If the buying club thinks he will do the job they want him to do, they wouldn't care much about what nonsense he brewed at United. For them, the circus got him to them for cheap and he gets the job done. They will be pretty happy.

SSSSnake

I must be in the minority that hope he stays. I hope we have a big summer and attract some truly world class talent and Pogba sees where we are headed.

Sure he has an absolute prick as an agent but to be fair Pogba hasn’t come out and said he wants to leave. We hold all the cards so either other clubs pay up or shut up.

RedDevil@84

Sure he has an absolute prick as an agent but to be fair Pogba hasn’t come out and said he wants to leave. We hold all the cards so either other clubs pay up or shut up.
So all Pogba has to do is come out and say that his agents words are not his and he doesn't approve of Raiola commenting on Ole

vidic blood & sand

I'd basically make it public that Pogba can leave at the end of the season. The bidding starts at £120M. Pay or he stays.

UnitedChampionsAgain

Far as I'm concerned he can pay back the millions he's conned out of United and piss off on a free. The club will never move forward with the likes of him messing about.

RUCK4444

I must be in the minority that hope he stays. I hope we have a big summer and attract some truly world class talent and Pogba sees where we are headed.

I still would much prefer to keep him, add some more top quality up top and keep things moving forward.

I think he should have shut this crap down more quickly though. At the end of the day he’s Raiola’s boss.

DickDastardly

Except losing the Man Utd fans, don't think Pogba really has anything to lose here. If the buying club thinks he will do the job they want him to do, they wouldn't care much about what nonsense he brewed at United. For them, the circus got him to them for cheap and he gets the job done. They will be pretty happy.
He lost me ages ago.

Not sure when, or excatly why....just the culmination of things, bad play, lousy attitude, shitty agent, big mouth brothers....

Don't even think of him as our player anymore *shrouds shoulders*

el3mel

Raiola backtracking might mean they're actually struggling to find a buyer for him. Honestly contrary to what many might believe, he doesn't really strike me as someone that seems really wanted. The few offers we got for him previously were absolute crap and no one is willing to pay a big price for him. In someone like Hazard's case he was getting linked to Madrid every summer. For Pogba it all just feels like Raiola has been trying to push him as a wanted guy in the media, rather than being actually linked to any top team by good sources or if there's even any club willing to pay a lot for him.

If he's world class then he must be the most world class player that doesn't seem to be linked to any move or have any clubs actually pursing him. Might be a reality check for his fans.

It won't be a surprise if he ends up here next season because he didn't find a club who actually values him that much.

clarkydaz

No he lets his agent and brothers go on tv and say it for him. Cant believe anyone still defends this guy

MikeKing

Supports
Bournemouth
Raiola back tracking is outstanding today.
Damage control. He figured he'd bank on us losing and take the risk if we won it wouldn't hurt him, but forgot about his client. He was so sure we would lose. He is really gambling with his clients future and reputation, I can't help wonder if Pogba's whole family has been manipulated by this snake. Hard to say how they have not cut ties with him yet, maybe the money is too good.

TheReligion

Abusive
What a confusing situation. Just listening too Raiola on sky sports and it very much sounds like Pogba is staying and looking for a new deal. Also very apologetic about his behaviour last night and making a point that he didn't mean to disrespect Ole or the club.

mariachi-19

I may be the devil, but i'm not a monster
What a confusing situation. Just listening too Raiola on sky sports and it very much sounds like Pogba is staying and looking for a new deal. Also very apologetic about his behaviour last night and making a point that he didn't mean to disrespect Ole or the club.
I reckon Pogba told him to pull his head in.

Two things are going to happen very soon. Pogba leaves, or Raiola gets sacked as his agent.

TheReligion

Abusive
I reckon Pogba told him to pull his head in.

Two things are going to happen very soon. Pogba leaves, or Raiola gets sacked as his agent.
It all seems to be coming to a head. Perhaps Pogba has said something which would be positive.

What do you see more likely and is there a way he stays and Raiola just keeps quiet?

Moston Red

Formerly Giggs1973
This is Manchester United. No player, absolutely no player or his two bit agent can slander this great club and its manager in public. What do they think we are a joke? This one of the biggest club in the world is a joke to them?
This

Sparky Rhiwabon

It was obvious he wanted out in the summer so why didn't we sell while we could still get good money that we could reinvest in the squad? If he doesn't want to play we can't force him.

RedDevilUnited369

It was obvious he wanted out in the summer so why didn't we sell while we could still get good money that we could reinvest in the squad? If he doesn't want to play we can't force him.
Not one offer worth considering came in for him.

People living under a rock. It amazes me.