Is Top 4 this season so predictable?

432JuanMata

While Spurs started off with a good win, same as Leicester, Everton and while I’m not basing this on 1 game but the top 4 seems a cert this season.
It’s completely the opposite on predicting what positions the top 4 will finish but can anyone see anything different than US, City, Chelsea and Pool ?
I feel like these 4 have opened a gap on others and it’s the most predictable in years for top 4

B20

HEY EVERYONE I IGNORE SOMEONE LOOK AT ME
Supports
Liverpool
Certainly has the look of it on paper.

Wouldn't surprise me if one of Leicester, Everton or spurs make a good run of it though.

DickDastardly

Yeah, but it's not that this has been the case for some time.

We ourselves have only been certain in the past year or so.

Pool almost lost it last year and that's only cause 1 of their main players was missing through injury.

If Chelsea didn't sack Frank, who knows if theyd make the top Four.

Who knows what this season brings.
But on paper, yeah. Life isn't paper though.

Giggsy13

I think there is a considerable gap between the top 4 sides and clubs like Leicester, Arsenal and Spurs. Look at the quality of signings from city, Chelsea and United. Liverpool will have the best CB in the world returning. I think it will take minimum 75 points to stay in the top 4 and I think that’ll be too much for clubs on the outside.

432JuanMata

I think there is a considerable gap between the top 4 sides and clubs like Leicester, Arsenal and Spurs. Look at the quality of signings from city, Chelsea and United. Liverpool will have the best CB in the world returning. I think it will take minimum 75 points to stay in the top 4 and I think that’ll be too much for clubs on the outside.
I think it be even less than 75. I can see 65-68 doing it. I don’t see Spurs, Arsenal or Leicester being that consistent we got 66 and finished 3rd 2 seasons ago and last season Chelsea got 67 and finished 4th.
I’m sure 75 always got 3-4th

JPB

While Spurs started off with a good win, same as Leicester, Everton and while I’m not basing this on 1 game but the top 4 seems a cert this season.
It’s completely the opposite on predicting what positions the top 4 will finish but can anyone see anything different than US, City, Chelsea and Pool ?
I feel like these 4 have opened a gap on others and it’s the most predictable in years for top 4
What about Arsenal? :wenger:
:lol:

Rajiztar

Supports
Chelsea
Again and again football proved one thing. It's a game on the pitch always mattered. Not on paper. Never will be. Leicester,Spurs,Everton even arsenal have chance to break into top 4. If I am believing chelsea have the chance to win pl then all the above mentioned teams have equal chance to break into top 4.

Dash247

#1 to #4 in no particular order

Manchester United
Chelsea
Manchester City
Liverpool

#5 to #7

Tottenham
Arsenal
Leicester

#8 to #10

West Ham
Everton
Leeds

jakko

Supports
Chelsea
Everton have no chance of getting top four. Leicester as usual have the best chance.

bosnian_red

Worst scout to ever exist
Yeah think there will be a gap between 4th and 5th, and then relatively tight 5th to 9th or so. Think Spurs, Arsenal, Leicester, West Ham, Villa and Everton will all be kind of in the same boat fighting for Europa League spots.

Dancfc

Supports
Chelsea
Again and again football proved one thing. It's a game on the pitch always mattered. Not on paper. Never will be. Leicester,Spurs,Everton even arsenal have chance to break into top 4. If I am believing chelsea have the chance to win pl then all the above mentioned teams have equal chance to break into top 4.
Usually I would agree but there just doesn't seem to be any scope for the current top four to be dethroned.

Chelsea, Liverpool and City have elite managers and as much as there's question marks over Ole's ability to take the next step (to trophies) his squad building has also made United a lock for those positions.

You could never totally say never but it would take a huge effort from Spurs or Leicester (the only two even potentially capable) to upset the applecart on this occasion. I think the days of low points for top four are over for quite a while bar an injury crisis for one of the top four.

Zaphod2319

Supports
Chelsea
For me the only thing that shakes up the top 4 is long term injuries. The squads of the top 4 are just so much more than the rest and the gap is growing.

432JuanMata

Usually I would agree but there just doesn't seem to be any scope for the current top four to be dethroned.

Chelsea, Liverpool and City have elite managers and as much as there's question marks over Ole's ability to take the next step (to trophies) his squad building has also made United a lock for those positions.

You could never totally say never but it would take a huge effort from Spurs or Leicester (the only two even potentially capable) to upset the applecart on this occasion. I think the days of low points for top four are over for quite a while bar an injury crisis for one of the top four.
I agree with this. As I said in another thread I feel like we have the 2nd best team in the league(just) but that Chelsea,Liverpool and City have managers that have proven they can win the biggest things.
This was the top 4 last year last season even with Liverpool having a mare and Chelsea being 9th when Frank was sacked. Both got top 4 when they gave up a huge head start and that won’t be happening this season.

Picking the top 4 in order be difficult but not the top 4 teams it’s nailed on

Dve

But will he be back at his best after having been out for so long? Actually, I have a feeling Liverpool will be the team disappointing this season.

Rajiztar

Supports
Chelsea
But will he be back at his best after having been out for so long? Actually, I have a feeling Liverpool will be the team disappointing this season.
He is not at his best even before injury in my opinion. Some of the goals liverpool letting in at the start of last season due to system related or teams found out their defensive weakness but that's not liverpool defense at best with vvd at the heart of their defense.

siw2007

On paper yes. The top 4 teams all look really strong and wouldn’t be surprised if all 4 of them to get 80+ points, wouldn’t be surprised if all 4 are in a title challenge for the majority of the season.

cotumely

Supports
Chelsea
Somebody like Tottenham/Leicester will be thereabouts come December/January, but will fall away to leave the usual suspects as the top 4 come the end of the season.

432JuanMata

Somebody like Tottenham/Leicester will be thereabouts come December/January, but will fall away to leave the usual suspects as the top 4 come the end of the season.
Don’t even think they will. I feel one of the top 4 will be a letdown, then 1 will be comfortably 3rd and 2 teams will fight for the title. But overall all will be comfortably top 4

Gringo

Supports
Portugal
There's always a chance of pigs flying to the moon. But lets be real, the top 4, SHOULD be the same as last season. More comfortably to boot.

432JuanMata

There's always a chance of pigs flying to the moon. But lets be real, the top 4, SHOULD be the same as last season. More comfortably to boot.
Yeah same. I feel if any of these 4 teams drop out of top 4 then they have had a mare of a season

caid

I dont know tbh. Liverpool having Van Dijk back helps but losing Wijnaldum is going to weaken them and Leicester have kept and signed a lot of players up to longer contracts. Maybe the schedule helps them over the line this season.
Most teams are capable of a meltdown as unlikely as it looks. I wouldn't bet on it but i wouldn't be that shocked either.

432JuanMata

I reckon this is how it will actually finish.
No way City finish 3rd imo. If we are to win the league we have to finish above them. Don’t be fooled by the Spurs game. Like last year after 10 games they were 9th then won like 14 out of 15. They do that and we have to be ruthless to finish ahead of them. I feel we can challenge and like our chances over Chelsea and Pool

Scroto Baggins

Supports
Newcastle Jets
The Spurs game is a blip for City, The team they put out, no De Bruyne, Mendy at LB, no Walker, no Stones, the team was just whoever was fit enough. Add to that the potential acquisition of Kane to replace Aguero and they are looking good.

The chasing group of Leicester, Hammers, Everton, Spurs, Arsenal just do not have the squad depth of the top four. But it is football and anything can happen, we seen how losing VVD derailed Liverpool, the same can happen to any team. How would United cope with Bruno out for an extended period?

Cloud7

It’s tough to see past United, City, Chelsea, Liverpool

Hastar

Supports
Liverpool
One of the top 4 is bound to have a poor season or a bad month.
I actually fancy Leicester to capitalise on that. I think they will finish in the top four this season.

TwoSheds

More sheds (and tiles) than you, probably
Liverpool will be relegated. Maybe.

TwoSheds

More sheds (and tiles) than you, probably
The Spurs game is a blip for City, The team they put out, no De Bruyne, Mendy at LB, no Walker, no Stones, the team was just whoever was fit enough. Add to that the potential acquisition of Kane to replace Aguero and they are looking good.

The chasing group of Leicester, Hammers, Everton, Spurs, Arsenal just do not have the squad depth of the top four. But it is football and anything can happen, we seen how losing VVD derailed Liverpool, the same can happen to any team. How would United cope with Bruno out for an extended period?
Now I think we'd do ok actually, unlike last year perhaps.

Pogba in the hole behind Rashford, Sancho and Cavani/Greenwood is a pretty strong forward line.

OnlyTwoDaSilvas

Gullible
Same top 4 as last season, but it could finish in pretty much any order. All 4 have realistic title chances. First time that's been true for United since 2012/13

roonster09

Hercule Poirot of the scouting world
Scout
I don't think it will end up like that, there will be few twists and turns, at least one club will underperform.

DJ_21

Evens winner of 'Odds or Evens 2022/2023'
I know everyone’s gonna have us, Chelsea, city and Liverpool down for top 4 but anything can still happen, all’s it takes is an injury to a team and then they can slip, I still think there’s a couple of teams who could break into the top 4, Leicester/spurs. If we keep all our players fit and firing then we should easily be top 3 and win a trophy

Wilt

Early days but still can’t see anything other than…

City
Chelsea
Pool
Utd

cyberman

Liverpool got top 4 without VVD though

Bilbo

TeaBaggins
Leicester will go close again. They've filled out the squad with some smart signings. I can't see anybody else getting anywhere near.

justsomebloke

Until the transfer window's closed there's insecurity, but as things stand right now it looks very much like a clear-cut big 4 to me. Also, it looks nigh-on impossible to predict the internal order of those 4. City maybe is a small notch above the others, primarily on depth, but unless they get a top striker it's not that clear cut. Of the other three, Chelsea has the best depth but the weakest starting XI, with Liverpool it's the other way around. We're in the middle. But again, the margins are so fine. A handful of players having breakthrough years or off-years (or injuries), and it all looks different.

What a difference from last year, when there were times where it looked more like a top 9 or 10.

I'm thinking Leicester and maybe Tottenham are the ones who might challenge those 4. Hard to see anyone else doing so, at this stage.

Andy_Cole

Fair play to Ole. He’s put us into the position of almost certain top 4. First time since SAF left. Hopefully we go up the next level and win the league.

Obviously it’s linked with Spurs and Arsenal weakening but it could’ve easily been us being in their position too.

pass.pass.pass

#1 to #4 in no particular order

Manchester United
Chelsea
Manchester City
Liverpool

#5 to #7

Tottenham
Arsenal
Leicester

#8 to #10

West Ham
Everton
Leeds
Brave of you to predict Arsenal will finish in the top 7. This could be the year they drop out of the top 10.