Isak Hansen-Aarøen | signs for Werner Bremen

Status
Not open for further replies.

elnorte

Freaky fly day
Think this about where I'm at. I think Iqbal is quite good but I don't consider him a top talent. For me Hannibal is currently the best player in the academy. I'd have Garner, Hannibal, Hansen, Galbraith and Mainoo ahead of Iqbal if we're discussing midfielders, that's not to say he's not talented just that we've got a plethora of fantastic young midfielders at the moment.
Don't know why you do it to yourself.

AltiUn

likes playing with swords after fantasies
Don't know why you do it to yourself.
I mean the odds on them making it is low, but that doesn't mean they aren't all objectively very talented footballers. Whether they have futures at United is another thing, but they've all given me hours of entertainment over the last few years that had been missing in the initial years post Sir Alex. If I couldn't enjoy watching our U18s and U23s then I'd have tired of United a long time ago. If I can't watch them and perhaps get overexcited at potentially seeing the next generation then what's the point?

NewGlory

United make me feel dirty. And not in a sexy way.
Class.

As a keen follower of sock fashion I can’t help noticing that we’ve moved on from the Henry/Ronaldo over knee stretch to the Grealish mid-calf micro shin-pad look, as modelled by this young man. Very on fleek.

Everything in fashion is cyclical though. Tony Galvin was the real mould breaker.
Wearing obviously less shin protection and opening yourself to more injuries.... for the sake of "fashion"? How is this a behaviour to be celebrated from a professional? I am genuinely surprised

As for Grealish, this response in the GQ interview seems to suggest that for him it started like a "good luck" bullshit superstition, and we know how footballers love those:

The low socks and tiny shin pads is just something I’ve always done. People have suggested a lot of different reasons as to why I wear them like that. It began during one season when I was 15 or 16 and the socks in training kept shrinking. I had to wear them underneath my calves and that season I ended up playing really well. So I ended up keeping them like that and to this day I’ve still got them. My shin pads are kids size, seven to eight, so that’s why they’re so small.

Last edited:

Demaw

Iqbal and Forson are talented on the ball but not quick enough. Bit like Gomes, amazing on the ball but not enough speed to get away from players. I think Angel is 17 games this year with one assist and two goals.

Trequarista10

He also seems a hell of a lot more physically robust than Gomes. Which means he is much better suited to this league.
How tall is he? I'll be honest I thought he looked similar to Gomes, a little taller and quicker/more agile but it's a huge step up physically from youth football to men's. Greenwood looked like a physical beast at youth level but like a child for the first year or two in the first team. It's not an unsurpassable hurdle by any means but undoubtedly it makes the step up much more challenging for shorter, slighter players.

NewGlory

How tall is he? I'll be honest I thought he looked similar to Gomes, a little taller and quicker/more agile but it's a huge step up physically from youth football to men's. Greenwood looked like a physical beast at youth level but like a child for the first year or two in the first team. It's not an unsurpassable hurdle by any means but undoubtedly it makes the step up much more challenging for shorter, slighter players.
Shorter, slighter players like Messi or Xavi? Remind me what age they started playing at senior level?

Amount of excuses for our academy lads... Why cant we say that most of them are just not good enough?

Trequarista10

Insulting another member
Shorter, slighter players like Messi or Xavi? Remind me what age they started playing at senior level?

Amount of excuses for our academy lads... Why cant we say that most of them are just not good enough?
Seriously, do you just choose to conduct yourself like an arsehole because you like annoying people or are you genuinely stupid??

It literally says in my post, THAT YOU QUOTED: "It's not an unsurpassable hurdle by any means but undoubtedly it makes the step up much more challenging for shorter, slighter players."

I guess you think you're being funny by sarcastically bringing up Messi and Xavi. Yeah, GREAT point mate!!! I hadn't thought of that!! Completely forgot about them!! Haha I genuinely for a moment thought it's completely impossible for a short slight players to make it but you've BLASTED me with FACTS and LOGIC!!!!!

But no, seriously, in case you still don't get it. Lemme talk you through it. Xavi and Messi are two of the greatest technicians to have ever played the game. For a short, slight player to make it, they generally need to be incredibly technically gifted. So by highlighting Xavi and Messi, you're exactly proving my point. To make it, they have to be truly truly exceptional.

As for the second part of your post, I have genuinely no idea what you're talking about. If anything my post could have been interpreted as a criticism of the kid, but I can't fathom how you could possibly see it as an "excuse", and then be so confident that it's an "excuse" that you feel the need to make a snarcy retort based around the absurdity of the "excuse" notion, which of course you have entirely conjured up in your pea sized noggin just seconds previously.

In short, please feck off, you cretinous dimwit.

NewGlory

Seriously, do you just choose to conduct yourself like an arsehole because you like annoying people or are you genuinely stupid??

It literally says in my post, THAT YOU QUOTED: "It's not an unsurpassable hurdle by any means but undoubtedly it makes the step up much more challenging for shorter, slighter players."

I guess you think you're being funny by sarcastically bringing up Messi and Xavi. Yeah, GREAT point mate!!! I hadn't thought of that!! Completely forgot about them!! Haha I genuinely for a moment thought it's completely impossible for a short slight players to make it but you've BLASTED me with FACTS and LOGIC!!!!!

But no, seriously, in case you still don't get it. Lemme talk you through it. Xavi and Messi are two of the greatest technicians to have ever played the game. For a short, slight player to make it, they generally need to be incredibly technically gifted. So by highlighting Xavi and Messi, you're exactly proving my point. To make it, they have to be truly truly exceptional.

As for the second part of your post, I have genuinely no idea what you're talking about. If anything my post could have been interpreted as a criticism of the kid, but I can't fathom how you could possibly see it as an "excuse", and then be so confident that it's an "excuse" that you feel the need to make a snarcy retort based around the absurdity of the "excuse" notion, which of course you have entirely conjured up in your pea sized noggin just seconds previously.

In short, please feck off, you cretinous dimwit.
Do you have anger issues? Learn how to conduct yourself among grown-ups or piss off.

V.O.

Last Man Standing finalist 2019/20
I'll never cease to be amazed at the things people can start e-fights over on here. :lol:

Remember the geese

Think this about where I'm at. I think Iqbal is quite good but I don't consider him a top talent. For me Hannibal is currently the best player in the academy. I'd have Garner, Hannibal, Hansen, Galbraith and Mainoo ahead of Iqbal if we're discussing midfielders, that's not to say he's not talented just that we've got a plethora of fantastic young midfielders at the moment.
Yeah, agreed. I'd also have Gore at Iqbal's level too, if not better.

Adisa

likes to take afvanadva wothowi doubt
You'll never heard a bad word about Pogba from the people that know him. La Pioche indeed.

Pickle85

Like Mata. Well worth the money just for the behind the scenes stuff. They definitely do both come across as nice but we are shite and the squad is falling apart in too many positions so nice doesn’t cut it.
Weird reaction, particularly when I prefaced my comment with 'say what you will about Pogba but...' I really don't get why some fans can't let something vaguely positive about a player they don't like pass without shitting on them.

Ali Dia

Souness's Super Sub/George Weahs Talented Cousin
Weird reaction, particularly when I prefaced my comment with 'say what you will about Pogba but...' I really don't get why some fans can't let something vaguely positive about a player they don't like pass without shitting on them.
Or just that if we want to be a good team again that 400k a week could go to someone not nice who helps us a lot more on the pitch, where it matters. Surely that would be better for morale if we were actually winning. Like the morale has been any good here anyway over the last 6 years and worse it’s getting.

Last edited:

NewGlory

Say what you will about Pogba but he does come across as a genuinely good guy.
You are basing all that on a 17-year old thinking everybody who smiles to your face is nice to you? I mean, Pogba may be a real-life Mother Theresa, for all I know, but I am concerned for how you are going to survive in this cruel world, if you are that naive :)

NewGlory

For all that Pogba makes me tear my hair out with the way he plays football, all available evidence points towards him being a super nice person.
Does "all available evidence" include him letting his fecking agent trash our club every time the fat asshole feels like it?

In Rainbows

You are basing all that on a 17-year old thinking everybody who smiles to your face is nice to you? I mean, Pogba may be a real-life Mother Theresa, for all I know, but I am concerned for how you are going to survive in this cruel world, if you are that naive :)
It's more so about reported evidence within the club. It's not based on his outwardly appearance.

NewGlory

It's more so about reported evidence within the club. It's not based on his outwardly appearance.
Maybe. But what do I care if he is Mahatma Gandhi reincarnated in his personal interactions. He's been here for years and he is clearly not helping us to be consistent high-performers. So as far as I am concerned, I wish he were gone yesterday. Same for Rashford - seems like a genuinely nice guy, but he is damaging my club and I don't want to have him here.

Good luck to both of them being nice elsewhere. Hope they take the Slabhead with them, as well.

Pickle85

I appreciate your concern, but I'm doing just fine.

TwoSheds

More sheds (and tiles) than you, probably
Maybe. But what do I care if he is Mahatma Gandhi reincarnated in his personal interactions. He's been here for years and he is clearly not helping us to be consistent high-performers. So as far as I am concerned, I wish he were gone yesterday. Same for Rashford - seems like a genuinely nice guy, but he is damaging my club and I don't want to have him here.

Good luck to both of them being nice elsewhere. Hope they take the Slabhead with them, as well.
Well I hope he doesn't sleep naked next to...oh never mind.

Samid

He's no Bilal Ilyas Jhandir
God you guys are so nauseating. Who gives a feck about Pogba in a thread about a youth player.

NewGlory

Nice people sometimes work with assholes. I don’t see how that’s relevant to what he’s like as a person.
Oh no no no! He doesn't work with an asshole! He is the boss of that asshole and absolutely could shut the bullshit down if he wanted to. Do you see the difference?

Mickeza

still gets no respect
Deepthroating information to Howard Nurse.
Oh no no no! He doesn't work with an asshole! He is the boss of that asshole and absolutely could shut the bullshit down if he wanted to. Do you see the difference?
Raiola hasn’t said feck all about Pogba since the Leipzig game. He was sat down. In fact he’s literally done interviews bemoaning the fact he can’t speak about him.

Samid

He's no Bilal Ilyas Jhandir
Has a footballing brain but seriously needs to bulk up. Midfielders who get outmuscled that easily don't make it in the PL.

KikiDaKats

Supports
His Liverpool supporting wife
Has a footballing brain but seriously needs to bulk up. Midfielders who get outmuscled that easily don't make it in the PL.
I like his game. Just can’t shed the feel that there is something special about him. I might be wrong but he looks a genuine player to me.

SmashedHombre

Memberus Anonymous & Legendus
He has one of those body types that are hard to put muscle on I think. I suspect it means he will be a late bloomer, but he has the talent and the vision. One of our most exciting prospects still IMO.

Nou_Camp99

what would Souness do?
Was at the game tonight and he looked bright first half but second half before he was subbed off he lost his way a bit.

Looks a confident lad and always wants the ball. One to keep an eye on for sure but I don't get first team vibes from him really.

Drainy

Was right next to him while the team were warming up and he's really diddy. Patience is going to be needed if he wants to play in the Premier League.

A few loans to get experienced in progressively more physical leagues might do him good once he's ready.

izec

Far too early to say, but he needs game time at senior level in different leagues soon. Then he can progressively improve from there. Youth football is different and playmaking CMs need to have senior experience early in order to get used to the physicality.

Status
Not open for further replies.