Israel - Palestine Discussion | Post Respectfully | Discuss more, tweet less

Kaos

wonder if they'll do a mural for Syria or Iranians that have been slaughtered by their governments? Probably not, those Muslims don't count
Because the situations in Syria and Iran are definitely comparable colonial situations, and the West is funding/arming/absolving the Islamic Republic of Iran and President Assad. Some of your takes are flat out laughable.

gfactor86

Because the situations in Syria and Iran are definitely comparable colonial situations, and the West is funding/arming/absolving the Islamic Republic of Iran and President Assad. Some of your takes are flat out laughable.
Nothing to do with colonialism.

Dumbstar

We got another woman hater here.
Supports
Liverpool
wonder if they'll do a mural for Syria or Iranians that have been slaughtered by their governments? Probably not, those Muslims don't count
You'll need to ask the non Muslim population of Ireland and Northern Ireland. Why Palestine?

Ekkie Thump

Supports
Leeds United
If you don't know about something it's often best to shut the feck up. You won't though, because you're a zealot with an agenda. Turns out the people of Ireland, north and south, give far more of a shit about far more people's struggles than your warped beliefs could possibly expect:

gfactor86

If you don't know about something it's often best to shut the feck up. You won't though, because you're a zealot with an agenda. Turns out the people of Ireland, north and south, give far more of a shit about far more people's struggles than your warped beliefs could possibly expect:

Fair play you've got me there, didn't realise that they had murals of these other conflicts in Ireland. So I'll retract my earlier comment and apologise.

Giggsy PO

Wimbledon Prediction Champion 09
What a classy gesture from students at Duke. All universities are not the same.

NotThatSoph

Fair play you've got me there, didn't realise that they had murals of these other conflicts in Ireland. So I'll retract my earlier comment and apologise.
What were you trying to insinuate by your earlier comment, and what did it change for you to learn that you missed the mark by a mile?

gfactor86

What were you trying to insinuate by your earlier comment, and what did it change for you to learn that you missed the mark by a mile?
There was some images of a group of Irish protestors with a massive mural of Palestinians. I said it would be good if they also had similar murals to highlight the suffering of other Muslims in places like Iran and Syria. Another poster showed some images of these very murals in Ireland. So I apologised as I didn't realise they had them.

NotThatSoph

There was some images of a group of Irish protestors with a massive mural of Palestinians. I said it would be good if they also had similar murals to highlight the suffering of other Muslims in places like Iran and Syria. Another poster showed some images of these very murals in Ireland. So I apologised as I didn't realise they had them.
No, you didn't say that it would be good. You assumed that there wouldn't be other murals. You were wrong, because you're clueless.

You were trying to insinuate something. Are you able to be honest about it? It's completely obvious to everyone, you're not capable of being subtle, I just want to see if you're able to type it out.

Giggsyking

I would not recommend to watch the video if you have a fragile heart.

Giggsyking

Why is there anyone with 2 functioning braincells expect the democrats to be any different to the republicans in regards to this war? For what the Palestinians care for actually the same.

Idxomer

US uses loophole to keep 100 arms sales to Israel under the radar amid Gaza war

“This doesn’t just seem like an attempt to avoid technical compliance with US arms export law, it’s an extremely troubling way to avoid transparency and accountability on a high-profile issue,” Ari Tolany, director of the security assistance monitor at the Centre for International Policy thinktank, said.

She added that, in exploiting the loophole, the Biden administration was following the steps of its predecessor.
“They’re very much borrowing from the Trump playbook to dodge congressional oversight,” Tolany said. The state department office of the inspector general found that between 2017 and 2019, the Trump administration had made 4,221 below-threshold arms transfers to Saudi Arabia and the United Arab Emirates, worth an estimated total of $11.2bn.

The under-the-radar deliveries made by the Biden administration to Israel were additional to the three major military sales that were made public since the start of the war: $320m in precision bomb kits in November and 14,000 tank shells costing $106m and $147.5m of fuses and other components needed to make 155mm artillery shells in December. The December deliveries of tank and artillery shells also sidestepped congressional scrutiny because they were made under an emergency authority.
https://www.theguardian.com/us-news/2024/mar/06/israel-weapons-sales-loophole

As I said before, they provide political cover and defend the genocide so much because they are basically the ones pulling the trigger.

4bars

Supports
Barcelona

I would not recommend to watch the video if you have a fragile heart.
https://x.com/imshin/status/1764988796540510700?s=20

Mahmoud al-Ghefari, a Gazan writer, shows us a wartime street market in Gaza City. In his wish to show the resilience of the Gazans, he says "Nearly everything is available... Everything is sold here. From the bounty of the land and its herbs, to locally made goods, such as sumsumiya.
Nearly everything is available eh? THE feckING NERVE!!!

2mufc0

Everything is fair game in capitalism!
Supports
Dragon of Dojima

Why is there anyone with 2 functioning braincells expect the democrats to be any different to the republicans in regards to this war? For what the Palestinians care for actually the same.
What's even more concerning how a third party group can influence US politicians to this effect.

To me the whole idea of lobbying with cash is an unethical way to run a democracy no matter where there money comes from.

2mufc0

Supports
Dragon of Dojima
Not the first time your whatabouttery has blown up in your face.

4bars

Supports
Barcelona
What's even more concerning how a third party group can influence US politicians to this effect.

To me the whole idea of lobbying with cash is an unethical way to run a democracy no matter where there money comes from.
It is. Imagine Russia doing this legally. PACs should be forbidden. Grassroots money or stay fecking home

Dumbstar

We got another woman hater here.
Supports
Liverpool

I've said it before and I'll say it again. Israel is not a standalone or oil rich economy. 90% of the economy is directly from US tax payers. All businesses running out of Israel are funded by US tax payers.

Lobbyists are basically filling US politicians with US tax payers money. They don't need Israel to be the middle men to pocket this money. There's something much more sinister, anti Christ levels of sinister, going on with the US and Israel. We're basically watching The Stand in real life.

The Corinthian

I will not take Mad Winger's name in vain

AIPAC has something like a 98% success rate of their backed candidates (I can’t remember the exact figure). Through their lobbying they essentially control the US.

4bars

Supports
Barcelona
Thats what the Gaza guy said. I just posted it here
When I read bullshit that is purely bullshit that fits in my narrative I don't run I post it. Basically because when the BS blows in your face, your credibility goes in the gutters. But is not that you care, you only keep posting crap to be part of the disinformation narrative and overcrowd tactics to deviate and pollute the narrative of what is really happening

And remember, all your life till you die you supported a genocide and not for lack of information. A this point, with all your defensive messaging you are part of it

RedSky

Shepherd’s Delight
Scout
And remember, all your life till you die you supported a genocide and not for lack of information. A this point, with all your defensive messaging you are part of it
He's beating the drum and waving the flag. There's many words for people like that in urban dictionary. The mods do nothing about people like this, which is an utter insult to this forum.

gfactor86

He's beating the drum and waving the flag. There's many words for people like that in urban dictionary. The mods do nothing about people like this, which is an utter insult to this forum.
Nor do they do anything about the conspiracy theorists and antisemitic tropes but you do you.

gfactor86

When I read bullshit that is purely bullshit that fits in my narrative I don't run I post it. Basically because when the BS blows in your face, your credibility goes in the gutters. But is not that you care, you only keep posting crap to be part of the disinformation narrative and overcrowd tactics to deviate and pollute the narrative of what is really happening

I don't support genocide

2mufc0

Supports
Dragon of Dojima
it's funny because whenever I post anything about 7/10 here all I get back is

what about 75 years

what about stealing land
Well all those things are deeply connected. What's happening in Gaza and the Syrian revolution /Yemen civil war not so much.

reelworld

remember when Dems were crying hard about Russians meddling on the last election?
Israel not only do the same, but literally bragging about it publicly and Dems have the nerve to think they're better

MDFC Manager

Harsh, after all it's Hamas that have turned the public towards supporting this Israeli terrorism :wenger: