Gaming It takes two - Out on PC, PS4/5 and XB1/XSX

Bojan11

https://www.metacritic.com/game/playstation-5/it-takes-two?ref=hp

90 on Metacritic currently from 23 reviews.

It's made by this guy:

With its relentless stream of clever ideas, It Takes Two is one of the most memorable and inventive co-op games of the modern era. Just make sure your partner knows their way around a DualSense controller.
I struggle to think of another co-op puzzle game that's better. Maybe Portal 2? Even if that's true, It Takes Two belongs on that same tier.
Some publishers may feel couch co-op isn't viable anymore, but It Takes Two proves just how powerful the setup can be with the right blend of gameplay and charm.
It's a coop game only. You can play couch or online coop, so that's going to stop a few people on here from playing it. Only one of you needs to own the game to play it online.

It Takes Two is strictly a co-op game. It has to be played by two players — but only one player has to own the game for both to play.

Shamwow

listens to shit music & watches Mrs Brown's Boys
Anyone else got this? Just beat the first boss and it's shaping up to be a special game.

I'm most surprised that the platforming and general movement feels very good and responsive as I was expecting a bit of jank but so far it feels very polished.

Massive Spanner

Give Mason Mount a chance!
Anyone else got this? Just beat the first boss and it's shaping up to be a special game.

I'm most surprised that the platforming and general movement feels very good and responsive as I was expecting a bit of jank but so far it feels very polished.
Yeah just finished the first boss with my mate there too and it's absolutely brilliant. Looks beautiful, almost like playing a Pixar film.

Massive Spanner

Anyone else finish it?

Been doing an hour or two a week with my pal and finished it last night. What a game! My GotY so far anyway.

@Pogue Mahone you got it didn't you?

Pogue Mahone

The caf's Camus.
"like a man in silk pyjamas shooting pigeons
Anyone else finish it?

Been doing an hour or two a week with my pal and finished it last night. What a game! My GotY so far anyway.

@Pogue Mahone you got it didn't you?
Yes! Absolutely love it. Been playing with my son on a big projector screen. The rollercoaster sections are incredible.

Just reached the bit in the castle where it’s like playing a different game. Overhead view of a dungeon and you’re a wizard, shooting shit with freeze spells. So much fun.

Massive Spanner

Yes! Absolutely love it. Been playing with my son on a big projector screen. The rollercoaster sections are incredible.

Just reached the bit in the castle where it’s like playing a different game. Overhead view of a dungeon and you’re a wizard, shooting shit with freeze spells. So much fun.
Yeah that bit is great.

As you said there, the fact that they pack so many different mechanics into the 10 hours is mindblowing. No section ever outstays its welcome.

Although I played as May and I do think Cody gets the better abilities in the game so I was a bit jelly :lol:

Pogue Mahone

The caf's Camus.
"like a man in silk pyjamas shooting pigeons
Yeah that bit is great.

As you said there, the fact that they pack so many different mechanics into the 10 hours is mindblowing. No section ever outstays its welcome.

Although I played as May and I do think Cody gets the better abilities in the game so I was a bit jelly :lol:
Ha! I’m playing as Cody. My son keeps making similar points and I tell him to shut the feck up and appreciate a master at work.

unplayable

Correctly predicted Italy to win Euro 2020
Not enough love for this game on here. Played it for almost five hours with my brother last night and it's such a fun game with tons of great ideas. There is always a new mechanic just around the corner.

Fortitude

TV/Monitor Expert
Scout
It is brilliant. Completed it with the OH on Tuesday. Best co-op game I’ve played. Inventive and really engrossing.