Italian Serie A 2018-19

JuveGER

Supports
Juventus
Commentators on my stream didn't even think it deserved a second look by the ref.

JuveGER

Supports
Juventus
Neither did the Belgian ones.

Juve have been shocking tbh.
We always play lethargic when we take an early lead. But our response since the equaliser has been poor. I expect us to come out stronger for the second half.

JuveGER

Supports
Juventus
2-1 Ronaldo. Another handball PK. I don't know. They really need to do something about the handball rule.

Peyroteo

Professional Ronaldo PR Guy
Supports
Sporting CP
Ref has to give that penalty to Juve after calling the one against them in the first half for basically the exact same thing. Neither were penalties.

Oly Francis

Supports
PSG
Ref has to give that penalty to Juve after calling the one against them in the first half for basically the exact same thing. Neither were penalties.
Exact same thing? Not even close, one is juvs player missjudging the trajectory of the ball and touching it with his arm (his foult), the other is a ball deflected 1m from him by another player and falling on his arm in a natural position (not is fault). One can be a pen, the other can't.

JuveGER

Supports
Juventus
Top finish, but very poor from us.

EDIT: :lol: Disallowed. Shambles. They really need to sort this VAR thing out.

Peyroteo

Supports
Sporting CP
Exact same thing? Not even close, one is juvs player missjudging the trajectory of the ball and touching it with his arm (his foult), the other is a ball deflected 1m from him by another player and falling on his arm in a natural position (not is fault). One can be a pen, the other can't.
Both are in a natural position, both are obviously non-intentional. Ball deflects for the Sampdoria one but there's a player blocking Can's view for the first too.

Neither were penalties, if he hadn't given the first he wouldn't have called the second either.

Santi_Mesut_Alexis_87

Supports
Arsenal
Valeri and Mazzoleni are 2 feckers. They should never referee a game again. 3 shocking calls, especially the penalty awarded to Juventus.

JuveGER

Supports
Juventus
53 points at half way, 101 points in the calendar year. Not bad!

The less I say about this game the better.

Oly Francis

Supports
PSG
Both are in a natural position, both are obviously non-intentional. Ball deflects for the Sampdoria one but there's a player blocking Can's view for the first too.

Neither were penalties, if he hadn't given the first he wouldn't have called the second either.
You obviously don't know the criteria for Rule XII's interpretation very well. The ref has to take the distance from the shooter/passer/deflection into account. How is Can's line of sight blocked on a feckin near post corner kick? He just missjudged the trajectory, the fact that his arm was in a natural position is irrelevant because he had time to remove it, which isn't the case in the 2nd pen.

NieThePiet

Supports
Werder Bremen, Arsenal
Valeri and Mazzoleni are 2 feckers. They should never referee a game again. 3 shocking calls, especially the penalty awarded to Juventus.
The one for Sampdoria was horrible too. A wrong decision on both sides and the offside was completely correct.

Peyroteo

Supports
Sporting CP
You obviously don't know the criteria for Rule XII's interpretation very well. The ref has to take the distance from the shooter/passer/deflection into account. How is Can's line of sight blocked on a feckin near post corner kick?
Because he had a player right in front of him? He didn't misjudge the trajectory of the ball, he just had no way of seeing it.

Same with the deflection. Neither were penalties, put it in slow motion and it looks like they have time to move it away but they don't.

They've been calling every hand ball inside the box a penalty in Serie A this season though so there might have been a change in the way they interpret the rules.

Last edited:

Oly Francis

Supports
PSG
Because he had a player right in front of him? He didn't misjudge the trajectory of the ball, he just had no way of seeing it.

Same with the deflection. Neither were penalties.
No he doesn't, the ball is in the air far above the player's head and Can is on the right of the other player, he just misses his header.

Go rewatch an replay if you have the opportunity, he see's the ball perfectly.

Peyroteo

Supports
Sporting CP
No he doesn't, the ball is in the air far above the player's head and Can is on the right of the other player, he just misses his header.

Go rewatch an replay if you have the opportunity, he see's the ball perfectly.
The one replay above actually makes me think I might be wrong. Not sure if it's just the angle of it, on another angle it seems like he had his view blocked.

If he didn't then it's a penalty and it's another for the collection of the 100 inexplicable errors Can made today, he was Sampdoria's best player.

Adisa

likes to take afvanadva wothowi doubt
I wish Juve would just attack teams. Wave after wave. They have the quality.
They just always seem to want to do the bare minimum to win games.

Peyroteo

Supports
Sporting CP
53 points at half way, 101 points in the calendar year. Not bad!

The less I say about this game the better.
Incredible record but Allegri can't keep going like this. You can't play this poorly with these players.

Arios

Supports
Juventus
I wish Juve would just attack teams. Wave after wave. They have the quality.
They just always seem to want to do the bare minimum to win games.
That's Allegri style for you.

B&Wandmore

Supports
juventus
Awful call, Jesus Christ these refs are atrocious in Italy
Why awful? The only correct one today, both penalties were a joke, ours even more so TBH, the last minute goal was offside. Juve was lucky to come out with 3 points, we clearly are tired at the end of this tour de force. Anyway samp is one of the most in form team at present

Peyroteo

Supports
Sporting CP
Why awful? The only correct one today, both penalties were a joke, ours even more so TBH, the last minute goal was offside. Juve was lucky to come out with 3 points, we clearly are tired at the end of this tour de force. Anyway samp is one of the most in form team at present
I still don't understand why it was given as offside but I only saw one replay. The ball bounces off Sandro and the Sampdoria player wasn't making a pass.

Why was that an offside?

Besides, I hate the fact that VAR can disallow goals that far back for things that don't impact the goal at all. Same thing as Douglas Costa's disallowed goal vs Roma last week.

Peyroteo

Supports
Sporting CP
Halfway through the season and Atalanta have the best attack in the league, 39 goals vs Juve's 38. Very impressive, they're fantastic to watch

giorno

boob novice
Supports
Real Madrid
What? The penalty against juventus was pretty clear. Jumps with his arm wide, ball hits his elbow. Penalty.

One against sampdoria now....harsh.

Technically good call on the disallowed goal at the end but again, i don't like it. The offside rule itself needs revision for cases like that.

Arios

Supports
Juventus
Halfway through the season and Atalanta have the best attack in the league, 39 goals vs Juve's 38. Very impressive, they're fantastic to watch
Well scoring 6 goals in a single game helps a lot which is something that rarely happens lately

Last edited by a moderator:

enigmista

Supports
Juventus
Mertens' goal is a foul even if playing voleyball. Double hand touch.