Italian Serie A - 2019-20

SportingCP96

emotional range of a teaspoon
Supports
Sporting Clube de Portugal
Imagine being out played at home to Verona. Fecking hell Juve.

wr8_utd

:'(
Veloso off the bar. Verona really unlucky to lose. Juve winning this with one huge deflection and one penalty.

SportingCP96

Supports
Veloso off the bar. Verona really unlucky to lose. Juve winning this with one huge deflection and one penalty.
They are complete shit. Have been saying it for weeks now.

FootballHQ

Supports
Aston Villa
I do agree if he didn't have the past with Inter then Juventus job would make plenty of sense in this period.

giorno

boob novice
Supports
Real Madrid
I agree with this Inter is his favorite club probably.
No, you still don't get it. In Italy, Mourinho *is* inter. It's not even about him(though it's also about him, i seriously doubt he'd take the juventus job in the first place. Even if andrea agnelli lost his mind and offered him the job), Mourinho and inter are inseparable. It would be like United hiring Kenny Dalglish, or Real Madrid hiring Guardiola

SportingCP96

Supports
They don't need to be great to win Serie A. They'll still stroll to the title.
Maybe in other season I think Inter are genuine contenders and Napoli might have a word to say.

As for CL they are outsiders chance to win.

wr8_utd

Ronaldo with a trademark free kick in dangerous territory...slammed into the wall.

SportingCP96

Supports
No, you still don't get it. In Italy, Mourinho *is* inter. It's not even about him(though it's also about him, i seriously doubt he'd take the juventus job in the first place. Even if andrea agnelli lost his mind and offered him the job), Mourinho and inter are inseparable. It would be like United hiring Kenny Dalglish, or Real Madrid hiring Guardiola
Makes sense but in an ideal world I think him and Juve would make a good match but considering his ties to Inter I can see how it would never happen.

wr8_utd

Maybe in other season I think Inter are genuine contenders and Napoli might have a word to say.

As for CL they are outsiders chance to win.
I just fail to get the hype over Inter. They won one game with 3 wonder goals and then have badly struggled in the two games since then and got lucky to even draw at home in the CL this week while Juve were a minute away from winning away at the Liga leaders.
Inter will fall away very quickly and as for Napoli, well, they've got Carlo in charge. They aren't winning the league.

giorno

boob novice
Supports
Real Madrid
Sarri always takes a couple months to get going with new teams

At juventus it make take even longer considering the expectations, the players, and the fact they're coming off 8 years of Conte and Allegri, a completely opposite mentality

SportingCP96

Supports
I just fail to get the hype over Inter. They won one game with 3 wonder goals and then have badly struggled in the two games since then and got lucky to even draw at home in the CL this week while Juve were a minute away from winning away at the Liga leaders.
Inter will fall away very quickly and as for Napoli, well, they've got Carlo in charge. They aren't winning the league.
Though that may be true the truth is they have looked miles and I mean miles better then Juve so far this season.

They may well fade away but they look good and if Juve keep playing this way they will drop points.

prateik

Inter? What have you been watching?
They beat a side that was newly promoted. Beat a side that finished 15th or 16th last season and beat a side after they went down to 10 men in the 30th minute... It was very even till then..

Struggled in the CL

They have been ok.. havent dropped silly points.. but they have been far from great.

wr8_utd

Though that may be true the truth is they have looked miles and I mean miles better then Juve so far this season.

They may well fade away but they look good and if Juve keep playing this way they will drop points.
This is just not true though. The opening day aside, where they literally won because of wonder goals, they've been extremely average and looked every bit as bad as they did last season. Their performance midweek in the CL was astonishingly bad.

SportingCP96

Supports
Inter? What have you been watching?
They beat a side that was newly promoted. Beat a side that finished 15th or 16th last season and beat a side after they went down to 10 men in the 30th minute... It was very even till then..

Struggled in the CL

They have been ok.. havent dropped silly points.. but they have been far from great.
I haven't said that they have been great I am saying they have looked better then Juve.

SportingCP96

Supports
This is just not true though. The opening day aside, where they literally won because of wonder goals, they've been extremely average and looked every bit as bad as they did last season. Their performance midweek in the CL was astonishingly bad.
Besides 30-50 min vs Napoli cant the same be said about Juve?

wr8_utd

Besides 30-50 min vs Napoli cant the same be said about Juve?
Juve do start like this but we know once they go on a run they're going to win some 20 odd games in a row. They've got that firepower.
I can only see Napoli coming close to Juve, not Inter.

giorno

boob novice
Supports
Real Madrid
I get that Conte doesn't trust Lazaro right now but seriously, D'Ambrosio at WB?!?! Damn. That's brutal

prateik

Interested to see how Lukaku does against a decent (by Serie A standards) side.

anant

Correctly predicted Italy to win Euro 2020
Has got to be one of the worst misses ever

prateik

Milan are horrendous.
Awful footballing side.

Or are playing really really poorly at the moment. Inter havent been a lot better.. but it at least looks like they can string 2 passes together.

NYAS

Balls constantly bouncing off Lukaku :lol:

Some things never change.

Kostur

海尔的老板
Lukaku's absolutely goddamn fecking awful link up play, first touch and all that shit is fecking hilarious to watch when this stupid cnut isn't playing for us anymore.

prateik

Milan have stepped it up.. Now just as bad as Inter.. not any worse.