Italian Serie A 2022/23

Bepi

Supports
Juventus
Inter were thinking they are Benfica and could play the mouse and cat game, yet as soon as they shipped a goal they disappeared. Double rejoice today in that VAR’s usual intervention to deny us has been futile, for once. :wenger:

giorno

boob novice
Supports
Real Madrid
Inter were thinking they are Benfica and could play the mouse and cat game, yet as soon as they shipped a goal they disappeared. Double rejoice today in that VAR’s usual intervention to deny us has been futile, for once. :wenger:
Come off it, he scored with his fecking hand. It was a very Allegri win though, get outplayed, score your chances. It did require inter to miss theirs though

Napoli win again, another professional win, didn't play great but dominated and were mostly comfortable. After getting battered and winning anyways in Bergamo last Saturday - second time they did that after milan away - this increasingly looks like their year

Lay

Correctly predicted Italy to win Euro 2020
Come off it, he scored with his fecking hand. It was a very Allegri win though, get outplayed, score your chances. It did require inter to miss theirs though

Napoli win again, another professional win, didn't play great but dominated and were mostly comfortable. After getting battered and winning anyways in Bergamo last Saturday - second time they did that after milan away - this increasingly looks like their year
Think they've played Milan, Roma, Lazio, Atalanta all away too and have 12 points from those games. They lost to Empoli twice last season but got an ugly win tonight. If this isn't their season then when the feck will it be :nervous:

giorno

boob novice
Supports
Real Madrid
Think they've played Milan, Roma, Lazio, Atalanta all away too and have 12 points from those games. They lost to Empoli twice last season but got an ugly win tonight. If this isn't their season then when the feck will it be :nervous:
More tellingly they beat Milan and Atalanta while getting badly outplayed, just took their chances better, something that has generally been their downfall in previous years...

GifLord

Better at GIFs than posts
Rafael Leao doesn't even look like a professional football player that's how bad he's been in the past few weeks.

giorno

boob novice
Supports
Real Madrid
Napoli take off. 8 points clear now. Yeah, it's their year

rojo81

Supports
Juventus

Yes but de vrij was holding his hand.

wr8_utd

:'(
Napoli, even with their bottling ways, may just win the title this year given that Milan just don't look good enough.

giorno

boob novice
Supports
Real Madrid
Napoli, even with their bottling ways, may just win the title this year given that Milan just don't look good enough.
They're not bottling this year. That's the big difference

wr8_utd

:'(
They're not bottling this year. That's the big difference
I think the end of season is when the pressure could get to them but so far they seem very mature and professional. Also, with the chasing pack being a bit useless, they may have room to navigate.

Bepi

Supports
Juventus
Come off it, he scored with his fecking hand.
@rojo81 brought you to the point: if the hand was being pulled by an Inter’s defender, how you do settle the matter: penalty, indirect free kick in the box, nothing and live with your bad luck (like in this case).

However put, the benchmark is this nowadays: what would happen if the same exact decision went pro Juventus?

giorno

boob novice
Supports
Real Madrid
@rojo81 brought you to the point: if the hand was being pulled by an Inter’s defender, how you do settle the matter: penalty, indirect free kick in the box, nothing and live with your bad luck (like in this case).
Nothing, the right call was made. You literally cannot score with your hand, it's the one handball situation that is clear and explicit in the rules. The hand pull is not enough for a foul against for me in that situation given it was a coming together of arms rather than a straight grab/pull

However put, the benchmark is this nowadays: what would happen if the same exact decision went pro Juventus?
Then the refs would correctly be accused of having made a very clear and obvious mistake in juventus' favour

Lay

What’s happening to Venezia? They were in Serie A last season and now they’re second bottom in Serie B

abundance

Supports
Inter
those who know the rules will more or less react like Giorno,
those who don't, more or less like you

oh btw, clear red for Dimarco here :p

DJ_21

Evens winner of 'Odds or Evens 2022/2023'
Mourinhos teams are so boring to watch. Why isn’t he changing the way he looks at football? Problem with him is he’s stubborn and it’s either his way or no way. wants to prove a point to everyone by winning with defensive football. He could easily have more titles to his name if he played a lot more attacking and adventurous football because he was one of the best tactical managers in the game. His man marking on Eden hazard was one of the stand out ones.

Idxomer

Mourinhos teams are so boring to watch. Why isn’t he changing the way he looks at football? Problem with him is he’s stubborn and it’s either his way or no way. wants to prove a point to everyone by winning with defensive football. He could easily have more titles to his name if he played a lot more attacking and adventurous football because he was one of the best tactical managers in the game. His man marking on Eden hazard was one of the stand out ones.
Can't stand the guy but this Roma side is probably his most watchable since his time with Madrid.

DJ_21

Evens winner of 'Odds or Evens 2022/2023'
Can't stand the guy but this Roma side is probably his most watchable since his time with Madrid.
Do you think? To be honest though can’t say I watch a lot of Roma but the few games I have watched them they look awful and are always getting battered.

Lay

Juventus picking up some form. Up to 4th now

Idxomer

Do you think? To be honest though can’t say I watch a lot of Roma but the few games I have watched them they look awful and are always getting battered.
Don't think they've been battered at all this season except for that one game against Udinese. Finishing is their biggest problem, they should be scoring a lot more than they do in the league.

Pintu

Juventus picking up some form. Up to 4th now
Thanks to VAR ignoring Danilo’s handball and later on intervening (maybe rightly) to get the penalty against Bonucci overturned.

Last edited:

giorno

boob novice
Supports
Real Madrid
Seen the penalty situations. Neither was a penalty, good calls both times

joi_division

Supports
AS Roma
Finding more and more Mourinho Out posts on Italian Facebook pages. It is a bore to watch them at the moment and it won’t be long until he implodes I think.

abundance

Supports
Inter
Thanking my friend @abundance for the great quote… and very apt again!
=D
not my fault, what can I say... ^^

Seen the penalty situations. Neither was a penalty, good calls both times
Yep.

IMHO Bonucci's one should've been a free kick for Verona inside the box & yellow card for dangerous play, not a foul kick for Juve...
not a big deal of course but for the sake of it: honest question, what you all think? Is it a ball contested on equal terms between the two players, or does the stance make a difference (ball-kicking foot vs hammer foot)? To me it does.

Ah, for the record... if I was King of Football, De Vrij vs Danilo would become a penalty (contact sport != grappling sport) and Danilo vs Verona would become handball (when arm's so wide I don't care why). I realize that's totally subjective and it wouldn't help solve any edge case issue but this is how I'd like it.

VorZakone

What would Kenny G do?
Napoli 2-0 up at home against Udinese. Will this be their year?

Lay

Great goal by Elmas. Really like him.

Lay

Napoli almost let that slip. The midfield almost disintegrated after N'dombele came on.

VorZakone

What would Kenny G do?
Napoli almost let that slip. The midfield almost disintegrated after N'dombele came on.
While he isn't terrible, I do think Ndombele is a clear downgrade on Anguissa, Lobotka and Zielinski.

Lay

While he isn't terrible, I do think Ndombele is a clear downgrade on Anguissa, Lobotka and Zielinski.
indeed, those 3 are brilliant together. N’Dombele hasn’t got the positional awareness to match his talent.

Lay

Atalanta's form has fallen off a cliff. Good win for Inter though.

GifLord

Better at GIFs than posts
With Karsdorp gone who's the next in line? Mancini seems shit probably gonna be Jose's next guy to bash :lol:

matys

Polish goalkeeper Bartosz Drągowski broke his leg, he was in the WC squad

Camara

Supports
FC Porto
Roma games are insane :lol:
Roma playing well, missing all and every chance to score, referee does not award Roma a handball, Mourinho red carded for complaining in another decision, in injury time roma gets a penalty, Belotti misses, then later Dybala hits the bar and Matic scores in the rebound outside the area, now the referee only awards 30 seconds after the 5 minutes (remember we had a penalty and a goal in extra time) and ends the game as Torino is timewasting these 30 seconds awaiting for a corner :lol:
Mourinho will be fuming at his team and referee, and imho in this case correct at both :lol:

FootballHQ

Supports
Aston Villa
Roma games are insane :lol:
Roma playing well, missing all and every chance to score, referee does not award Roma a handball, Mourinho red carded for complaining in another decision, in injury time roma gets a penalty, Belotti misses, then later Dybala hits the bar and Matic scores in the rebound outside the area, now the referee only awards 30 seconds after the 5 minutes (remember we had a penalty and a goal in extra time) and ends the game as Torino is timewasting these 30 seconds awaiting for a corner :lol:
Mourinho will be fuming at his team and referee, and imho in this case correct at both :lol:
Surprised after his rant in midweek he actually started Tammy again (Karsdrop was dropped from the whole squad). O.k Dybala's been injured for last two months but him, Tammy, Zaniolo and Belotti is on paper at least a very good attacking selection for non top 4 Serie A team, some wagebill with those guys anyway.

Break's coming at a good time for Roma tbh but I think we're reaching that period where Mourinho's going to start imploding as I just can't see them doing anything in the league and they'll be outsiders in the europa. They just never seem to beat anyone decent in the top 10 (Torino and Sassuolo could finish 9th and 10th).

Camara

Supports
FC Porto
Surprised after his rant in midweek he actually started Tammy again (Karsdrop was dropped from the whole squad). O.k Dybala's been injured for last two months but him, Tammy, Zaniolo and Belotti is on paper at least a very good attacking selection for non top 4 Serie A team, some wagebill with those guys anyway.

Break's coming at a good time for Roma tbh but I think we're reaching that period where Mourinho's going to start imploding as I just can't see them doing anything in the league and they'll be outsiders in the europa. They just never seem to beat anyone decent in the top 10 (Torino and Sassuolo could finish 9th and 10th).
It's not just Dybala, Zaniolo, Wijnaldum and Pellegrini are also out often/permanently. And Tammy and Belotti can't play together with their thin midfield atm.
Roma is still very close to top4 and Roma's objective was never the league itself. Their season is nowhere finished.
IIRC they are the team that creates more chances in the league, as mentioned before they just are unable to score for their lives (today they even missed a penalty in extra time :lol:)

FootballHQ

Supports
Aston Villa
It's not just Dybala, Zaniolo, Wijnaldum and Pellegrini are also out often/permanently. And Tammy and Belotti can't play together with their thin midfield atm.
Roma is still very close to top4 and Roma's objective was never the league itself. Their season is nowhere finished.
IIRC they are the team that creates more chances in the league, as mentioned before they just are unable to score for their lives (today they even missed a penalty in extra time :lol:)
Mourinho certainly should never be discounted in knock out competitions with his record and style. Can't see them doing much in europa though, they just about scraped through the group stages and europa is miles higher quality in later stages than conference league.

Of course they're not far off top 4 but Juventus are back now and I can't see them finishing above AC Milan or Lazio either so looking like another 6th place season.