Its a Mystery

Idxomer

The players weren't inferior last season and I would debate United being better last season.

NoLogo

Probably confidence right now. We got a couple of bad results which completely shot the confidence and those couple of late wins and draws didn't really help because the players realize as well that it was more due to brining Ronaldo into the team and not as a result of improved coaching and tactics.

predator

Youth NITK
Inept coaching and training methods catching up now. I read that Chelsea, under Tuchel, train with size one balls, use different colour bibs and their players use code words when playing - as confirmed by an opposition player. I bet my life Klopp does similar things and Pep will have some very intricate training sessions.

I'm sick of hearing Neville and Keane going on about spirit and playing like a 'united player'. Times have fecking changed. The tactics and coaching is miles behind Klopp, Pep and Tuchel. It's a disgrace.

ThatsGreat

Supports
Arsenal
Ronaldo upset the balance. Inspite of his goalscoring form he's a net drain on the team.

led_scholes

Because Liverpool had no defenders, Chelsea had their Ole, Tottenham had a past his best Jose, and even Arteta had less than a year in charge. Eventually, City won easily the league. Also now our players have one more year of awful training.

Van Piorsing

Lost his light sabre
Mourinho winning things with Fellaini & Darmian was somekind of achievement. Can't deny that.

JeffFromHK

Don't forget Ole was leading us to the 6th before we bought Bruno Fernandes. It was Bruno Fernandes' individual brilliance that saved us and brought us to 3rd.
Last year we had tones of lucky penalties and Chelsea got Lampard and Liverpool got injury problems

Drainy

Should have gone with a more conventional narrow 4-3-3 to get legs and support for Ronaldo.

The 4-2-4 has given too much space for the opposition to beat the limited press and break through midfield.

Also Maguire and Shaw's form has cost us so many goals.

Dookingham United

Good coaches make good players great.
A good manager brings together many great elements - players and staff and tactics and man management methods (different for every person) and creates a good or even great team depending on how good they are. (Pep and Klopp and Tuchel are obviously great managers)

There is no mystery.
No team in the Premier League would swop their managers and coaching staff for ours.

FriendlyFox

Supports
Leicester City
How does a team with far better players, the same coaches end up far worse than the previous team with inferior players and the same coaches. It's a Mystery I tell you a bloody Mystery.
It happens.

Same thing is happening with us this season too.