Its all Ronaldo's Fault?

Status
Not open for further replies.

He'sRaldo

Why Ronaldo and not someone like, say, Maguire who was clearly a shambles at the back game after game?

In any case, Ole lost Ole his job. He's been treated with kid gloves ever since he so expertly reduced the expectations at this club. And it seems, unfortunately, that narrative hasn't been dispelled with his sacking.

KingCavani

If we had signed any striker and he was playing the exact same way, say Lukaku or Kane, then they’d be considered our best players and all the blame would be on tbe shambolic play of our midfield and defence.

Ronaldo is apparently the first forward who doesn’t offer much defensively. It’s just about the laziest narrative I’ve ever seen. We were a shambles long before Ronaldo came in the door. Did anyone watch the Southampton and Wolves games?

Judge Red

Don't Call Me Douglas
Pogba, Lukaku and now Ronaldo.

We should sign Mbappe so it can be his fault next.

Gehrman

Phallic connoisseur, unlike shamans
No it's not Ronaldo's fault, but it doesn't mean he's been stellar. The defense and midfield has been shambles this season.

captaincantona

Terrible terrible post all round that one.

”we didn’t concede stupid goals”, what fecking mental gymnastics are used to blame stupid goals on a striker?
No mental gymnastics at all. By that reasoning a good back four and a quality CDM should be enough to keep the likes of Liverpool or City from thrashing any team...are you seriously saying that top sides don’t require every player to contribute off the ball in order to beat other top sides?

The shape of the team has changed to accommodate Ronaldo. Fact.

With him playing as a lone striker we see Bruno running beyond him much much more often than we saw last year and leaving gaps in behind and our wide forwards look like they don’t know who to be tracking ...it’s completely disjointed and noticeably compared to last season.

Ronaldo as a lone striker requires other players to adapt and they haven’t...That’s why absolutely everyone agrees he needs a strike partner and as I have said...that requires leaving our other attackers out which I don’t agree with.

In addition, while we were tame in possession in previous seasons...I have never seen opponents back lines allowed to settle and stroll around old Trafford in the same way I have this season...it’s gut wrenching to watch Watford playing better football than us, surrendering possession to average teams and as a result we look completely fragile.

so in my opinion, Ronaldo’s inclusion has unsettled the very limited but effective shape we had in our front 4 last season...we were not efficient or good to watch but we simply were not as easy to play against.

Now there are wide gaps to play through...and as we are surrendering possession Much easier ...other teams are calm and confident that they can play through us...and that’s what’s happening.

you might not agree..good luck to you...but mark my words...Ronaldo is a problem that could only be solved by a much more dominant and well drilled team who can carry him out of possession simply because they are so dominant...andUtd are not that team...and the next manager will have these issues too unless they use him more appropriately.

Rampant Red Rodriguez

Scared of women, so hates them.
These pundits are using the Ronaldo name to generate publicity and nothing else.

Piss poor recruitment this summer let Ogs down because a blind man could have foreseen the problems of having our midfield.

Smores

No mental gymnastics at all. By that reasoning a good back four and a quality CDM should be enough to keep the likes of Liverpool or City from thrashing any team...are you seriously saying that top sides don’t require every player to contribute off the ball in order to beat other top sides?

The shape of the team has changed to accommodate Ronaldo. Fact.

With him playing as a lone striker we see Bruno running beyond him much much more often than we saw last year and leaving gaps in behind and our wide forwards look like they don’t know who to be tracking ...it’s completely disjointed and noticeably compared to last season.

Ronaldo as a lone striker requires other players to adapt and they haven’t...That’s why absolutely everyone agrees he needs a strike partner and as I have said...that requires leaving our other attackers out which I don’t agree with.

In addition, while we were tame in possession in previous seasons...I have never seen opponents back lines allowed to settle and stroll around old Trafford in the same way I have this season...it’s gut wrenching to watch Watford playing better football than us, surrendering possession to average teams and as a result we look completely fragile.

so in my opinion, Ronaldo’s inclusion has unsettled the very limited but effective shape we had in our front 4 last season...we were not efficient or good to watch but we simply were not as easy to play against.

Now there are wide gaps to play through...and as we are surrendering possession Much easier ...other teams are calm and confident that they can play through us...and that’s what’s happening.

you might not agree..good luck to you...but mark my words...Ronaldo is a problem that could only be solved by a much more dominant and well drilled team who can carry him out of possession simply because they are so dominant...andUtd are not that team...and the next manager will have these issues too unless they use him more appropriately.
Bruno was already running beyond the striker last season and the start of this season with Greenwood up front he was basically the striker!

Why is Bruno was a constant discussion on here. Incredible that it's now being blamed on Ronaldo.

Status
Not open for further replies.