Its just the way we play now...

Sassy Colin

Death or the gladioli!
Aliens are in control of my tagline & location
I was saying at work that despite the fact that that we don't appear to be playing particularly well at the moment, we're still unbeaten & equal top on points and that when we start playing properly like United, we'll accelerate ahead of the rest.

I receivced a comment that if we still haven't started playing properly by now...

"Its just the way you play now".

Is it?

Or is my prediction correct and if we can stay reasonably injury free we will leave the rest in our wake after Xmas?

I have to say that we've been scoring some really great goals from all round the squad too. Although we've scored late quite a lot, there hasn't been that much luck involved, its generally been a case of skill and persistence.

Commadus

We were not that great last season either.

Ok who is to blame. We need someone to blame.

Redfighter

Officially gullible
At the secret training camp for United Militia
I was saying at work that despite the fact that that we don't appear to be playing particularly well at the moment, we're still unbeaten & equal top on points and that when we start playing properly like United, we'll accelerate ahead of the rest.

I receivced a comment that if we still haven't started playing properly by now...

"Its just the way you play now".

Is it?

Or is my prediction correct and if we can stay reasonably injury free we will leave the rest in our wake after Xmas?

I have to say that we've been scoring some really great goals from all round the squad too. Although we've scored late quite a lot, there hasn't been that much luck involved, its generally been a case of skill and persistence.
We didn't play blinding football last season either but we will definitely improve on the way we have been playing recently. To be honest some of the play has been great but with little end product.

Rooney being back and find form is one thing to look forward to but lets not forget that there is a lightning quick winger with a beautiful cross on the treatment table. Hopefully Rooney and Nani can strike up an understanding because as yet I'm not convinved that they are on the same wave length as much as they could be.

Rado_N

Yaaas Broncos!
Late goals are always down to persistence, luck doesn't come into it.

Re your main question, I'd say yes we should soon (hopefully) kick into gear and start playing properly. Someone is in for a hammering I reckon.

Cina

We didn't play blinding football last season either but we will definitely improve on the way we have been playing recently. To be honest some of the play has been great but with little end product.

Rooney being back and find form is one thing to look forward to but lets not forget that there is a lightning quick winger with a beautiful cross on the treatment table. Hopefully Rooney and Nani can strike up an understanding because as yet I'm not convinved that they are on the same wave length as much as they could be.
We don't have the passing abilities that we used to in our squad. It's still a very good squad, just not in the same way as before.

RedSky

Shepherd’s Delight
Scout
We've not played good football since Ronnie and Tevez left. Not surprising either considering how quality they are and how we've not replaced either.

We should be patient though as there really is some exciting youngsters finally breaking through. Not saying its going to repeat of 92, but we do have some quality coming through.

Rado_N

Yaaas Broncos!
We've not played good football since Ronnie and Tevez left. Not surprising either considering how quality they are and how we've not replaced either.

We should be patient though as there really is some exciting youngsters finally breaking through. Not saying its going to repeat of 92, but we do have some quality coming through.
Oh come on, of course we have!

Rado_N

Yaaas Broncos!
I would certainly hope it wasn't meant to mean we've not played any good football since them two departed.

Ubik

Nothing happens until something moves!

Eh? 08/09 was one of our most boring seasons in terms of playing style, whereas last year we were quick on the counter and played some good stuff, particularly between Berbatov, Valencia and Rooney. Nani wasn't half bad either. Don't confuse good football for winning football.

WireRed

There have been times this season where we have played really well, it's been in spits and spats though rather than on a consistent basis at a consistent level of performance. Newcastle, Everton, Liverpool, and the first half at Stoke have been as good as anything else in the country in terms of fluidity and penetration IMO.

The last month or so though has been quite dire, and it all stems from the overreliance on Scholes to dictate the tempo and for Nani and Giggs to create openings. It's a concern that two thirty somethings are still shouldering so much responsibility but the difference since Scholes starts became more rationed(3 from our last 10 games or something) and Nani's injury and subsequent dip came along is marked from some of our early season play.

elmo

Can never have too many Eevees
We're getting towards Mourinho's Chelsea. Bloody efficient and if we can turn on the style if needed, albiet we hardly ever need to do that.

MG

I think if we can get Rooney back to his best - which will be difficult because he's still settling in at the moment after injury and after a long spell of poor form, not to mention all the turmoil in the press about his private life - and playing well with Nani, who's our most creative attacking player at the moment - we can start playing some better attacking football. Also, if Hernandez can continue to improve as a striker we can get him working with Rooney and hopefully the two of them can develop a strike partnership.

Also, the return of Valencia will be a boost to us - he's an old-fashioned winger with a lot of pace and a good cross on him. Working with Nani, Rooney and Hernandez I think there is a lot of potential goals in the four of them; at least, a lot of chances to be made.

In our midfield Fletcher seems to be a bit out of form at the moment and we really need him back. Carrick has been out of form for ages, getting him back to what he was is maybe a bit too optimistic to hope; I'd say central midfield is our area of concern, especially with the dominance of Scholes being diminished. We really need a creative midfielder.

In defence we need Rio and Vidic back playing permanently, and some kind of consistency there. Rio is injury prone these days and getting on, so if only Evans could come back and get the form back he had before his dodgy displays at the beginning of the season, we'd be fine.

I think there's a lot of 'ifs' there and a lot depending on players getting back to their best, but we definitely can play better than this, and the potential in the team is to really play better when we get everyone back.