Jack Barmby

Pogue Mahone

The caf's Camus.
"like a man in silk pyjamas shooting pigeons
Josh King was speaking very highly of him after a recent reserve match and he seems to have had another good game last night. I watched him in the MSC game, after which King was interviewed and thought he looked like a really neat and tidy footballer. All I know about him, though, is his age (16) and his dad (Nick, who is two years younger than me :()

He's not listed on the offical website as part of our academy but seems to be a bit of a talent. Anyone know much more about him?

Pogue Mahone

The caf's Camus.
"like a man in silk pyjamas shooting pigeons
I remember when he signed him he was described as a left winger, Looks more of an attacking midfielder like his dad to me.
Couldn't find a thread on him. Was anything written about him at the time?

I've only seen him in one cameo performance but he looks like the type of player who could play anywhere across midfield. Very comfortable on the ball and two good feet.

datura

I thought he looked very left footed and a natural wide player!

I'm surprised he hasn't played a few more Academy games this season as we lacked wide players until the Van Velzen signing and he was introduced the previous season and looked comfortable at that level.

The first I saw of him was in the Premier Cup a couple if seasons back where he was the standout United player (in a team that included Blackett, Hendrie and Lawrence) and he scored a great goal.

Decotron

Couldn't find a thread on him. Was anything written about him at the time?

I've only seen him in one cameo performance but he looks like the type of player who could play anywhere across midfield. Very comfortable on the ball and two good feet.

I dont think so, I remember Hull weren't too happy about it as they rated him as one of the "best youngsters" in England. Haven't seen enough of him to really judge.

Agree with that above on what ive seen so far, obviously Datura is better placed than me in my armchair to make a call at this point...

PS18

Would agree with datura on what I've seen so far, has looked a natural wide player when I've seen him. He's only played 7 academy games (only 2 starts) and two sub appearances for the reserves so still too early to really make any judgements about him.

datura

Just seen the Oldham highlights and he looked impressive again. Good footwork, direct and a good eye for a pass. He also looks very self confident and doesn't defer to the more senior players when well placed himself.

England1966

Cuckoo
for me his dad was one of the most inteligent players...he was in that super team who crushed Germany, 5-1...good luck Jack!

Striker10

"Ronaldo and trophies > Manchester United football
Looks quite stocky too. We'll see how he develops over the next few seasons.

dr.twinny

Surprised he hasn't featured as much for the Ressies this term, but good to know he's getting some game time on loan.

Dion

If he can't do well at Pools he won't do well anywhere, we're fecking diabolical.

Rozay

Master of Hindsight
He was easily my favourite when he was in the academy. He appeared to take the piss every game at that level, cutting in from wide with his tricks and step-overs and bending them in. He also scored in every round of the Youth Cup until we got knocked out.

To be honest, I think he has a chance of making it here. He is a modern wide player, based on the right side with good speed, trickery and a good finisher on his left.

jb8521

Strange player for a young player in that he doesnt really show much in games but has great end product which is the opposite of most young players

Rozay

Master of Hindsight
I've always liked him. Think he can make it, at least in the Prem. Very technically sound and an excellent finisher.

LR7

Seems to have had a decent impact on loan:

Jack Barmby hits his most important goal for Hartlepool Utd in vital win over Morecambe

JACK Barmby has hit four goals in his loan spell at Hartlepool United – none more important than Easter Monday’s winner against Morecambe, writes ROY KELLY.

And boss Colin Cooper believes the teenager will get even better as he grows in experience.

Barmby was calmness personified when he beat Shrimps keeper Barry Roche for the 81st-minute winner – just three minutes after coming on to the field.

“That ability is the reason he is at Manchester United,” smiled Cooper.

“He should be very proud of his impact on Monday.

“The question is if he starts a game can he have the same impact? Generally in his time here he has had that impact.

“But the way he came on and expressed himself was brilliant on Monday.

“He showed no fear and produced an unbelievable finish to win us the game.

Pools, now safe in League Two, finish off the programme at Plymouth on Saturday before hosting Exeter seven days later.

Given Monday’s heroics, Barmby will be in contention to start at Home Park this weekend.

“Jack has been disappointed not to start the last two games,” said Cooper.

“He did not make enough impact against Portsmouth and Chesterfield, hence not starting the last couple.

“He’s proved on Monday the reason why he’s a Manchester United player and we’re grateful to have him.

“When he realises the need to ally the ability he has with what he needs to do for the team when he hasn’t got the ball, then I’m sure he’ll have a very fine career.”

limerickcitykid

There once was a kid from Toronto...
Happy for the lad. Didn't expect him to be picked up by a Premier League club. Wonder if they'll give him much of a chance next year or send him on loan for another year.

Brightonian

Excellent, very happy for him. I expected a Championship club to nab him. But he has what it takes to make it in the PL.

Acole9

Outstanding
Looks like he'll be part of their development squad rather than the first team but it's a good move for him. Seen him play a few times for U18's and thought he was decent.

Grylte

"nothing wrong with some friendly incest, bro"
Apparantly been released by Leicester now.

prath92

Should never have been sold. Would have been better than Rooney this season.